Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 03:41 PM   #736
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

AHA! I didn´t get what he meant I definitely dislike this day! I am always a victim of similar jokes scheisse...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 04:35 PM   #737
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by silesia View Post
What Bolettieri IMG Academy did to Lisicki. She played a great attacking tennis in 2009 and what she plays today ??
I believe that has nothing to do with Bolettieri. Sabine is in a difficult phase at the moment. I heard that she was last time at the acedemy after the US Open. Maybe more time at the acedemy would be better for her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
Julia started to Make a little noise, i realized in Dubai.
I heard it the first time when I saw her play in Stuttgart in Fed Cup. But I must admit that I love that sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
AHA! I didn´t get what he meant I definitely dislike this day! I am always a victim of similar jokes scheisse...

Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 05:29 PM   #738
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Are you kidding? Bolettieri is the best commercial, advertised coach, because hi's from IMG Academy. Same like Sharapova and Kournikova has never been the best tennis players only best advertised. He was great in making one-dimensional's women players, and Sasha teaches Julia a beautiful attacking tennis.

What Bolettieri IMG Academy did to Lisicki. She played a great attacking tennis in 2009 and what she plays today ??
really? one does not simply compare bollettieri and nensel. this guy worked with masha,jankovic,williams sisters,martina hingis. he worked with gs champions. his contributions to a player cannot be uderestimated.
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM   #739
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
AHA! I didn´t get what he meant
ehm no

Quote:
You could have been still been waiting a little bit with that.
no i couldn't, because for about 2 minutes i believed it also and i hate this jokes
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 10:01 PM   #740
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
ehm no
oh sorry! sometimes it´s hard to recognize who is who on here

Quote:
And? What can these players? Serve with all their strength, Forehand with all their might and backhand with all their might. + Resulting from the strengful play numerous of injuries...

Hingis is a Czech school ! so like Navratilova, Novotna, Sukova and Kvitova - the best tennis school in the world. They are all court technical players with a wide repertoire of strokes. Similarly Sasha teaches Julia now. Did you watched Dubai?

Quote:
Seles, Capriati, Sharapova, Kournikova - major products of Bolettieri, after injuries and operations they are maimed with destroyed body... Williams sisters too! This is a big price! I do not want it to Julia. Tennis is not a brute force work like cutting trees in the forest with an ax. This is a technical game, which suggests most European schools. Americans will do anything for money and yet advertise it well. Fortunately, we don't see anymore IMG academy products on the horizon (Larcher de Brito doesn't broke through), and Sharapova is slowly over.
I believe in Nensel, it's seen in Julia's play how good he works.
And of course the coach is responsible for tennis skills, not the player's mental state.
Look how Tomek Wiktorowski helped to Aga Radwanska. A good trainer is not most advertised coach.

I wrote about how her game has deteriorated since 2009, not in last weeks. Her father is a coach on the paper so like it was with papa Sharapov. Real coaches come from the IMG Academy. Trained she with another coach since 2009 ?? perhaps in Berlin??
pretty smart point I agree almost with everything... I really like the way Julia is developing her play and career and I don´t want her to be a part of the Bollettieri circus and I think she´s happy with the way she´s been improving... Sascha has done a lot of hard work with Julia and I believe he can do even better with her in next years... Julia is going step by step and that´s what I like... she doesn´t need any "famous" tennis coach it´s not about that...

I have read EVEN Ryan Harrison who practices at Bollettieri´s acadamy said that a 7 year old girl who practices there shrieks during her trainings or matches even louder than he has ever done in his life!!! so there´s an obvious proof they learn small girls to do that...

Quote:

(It sounded very funny in your mouth)
be happy you don´t hear my German
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:28 AM   #741
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I can tell you: A great attacking tennis and she improved her return game (remember Wimby and the weeks after)

But when you think, the academy teached her how to get ill or making UE's...
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM   #742
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
Her most recent tweets:
Wow that was a nice+fun evening-always nice seeing your friends and having a lot of fun.means a lot+gives you some energy��off to bed!gn8

Jakkolo-Time...nice game...����
(I can't see the smilies since they are those iphone or apple smilies or something. Google also tells us that gn8= gute nacht)

It seems the game she was playing with her friend was Jakkolo, also known as sjoelen. It is apparently a variation of table shuffleboard, and the aim is to slide/throw 30 little round wooden pucks from one end through little holes into the compartments, each of which is worth a certain amount of points, with a bonus for each complete set of one puck in each compartment. You often hit other pucks which have stopped in front of the holes and try to deflect them into the holes, a bit like snooker or pool. The maximum score per turn is 148 points. Is this game popular in Germany? I guess it must be reasonably popular since there are quite a few videos of people playing on youtube. In the tweeted pic, Julia and her friend are sitting near the end with the compartments, which are worth 2, 3, 4, and 1 point respectively. For eac set of 4 pucks, (a puck in every box), you get 20 pts (double normal points).

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 2nd, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM   #743
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
And? What can these players? Serve with all their strength, Forehand with all their might and backhand with all their might. + Resulting from the strengful play numerous of injuries...

Seles, Capriati, Sharapova, Kournikova - major products of Bolettieri, after injuries and operations they are maimed with destroyed body... Williams sisters too! This is a big price!

I wrote about how her game has deteriorated since 2009, not in last weeks. Her father is a coach on the paper so like it was with papa Sharapov. Real coaches come from the IMG Academy. Trained she with another coach since 2009 ?? perhaps in Berlin??
1)these players -sharapova, williams sister etc.- has been playing since their with style beginning of their career, so they embraced that style. But julia has a steady playing style already so im sure if she works with someone like nick, she wouldnt change her style completely. a new coach may bring her some new qualities i think, can improve her movement and accuracy. And during the game there should be a someone who can produce some different tactics to each player and tells these to the julia. as i see, nensel doesnt do that. "be positive and focus" he always says that, i know it from your translations-. talk is cheap. show her how do that first of all.
2)And despite their injuries, sharapova is no:2 now. won many gs in her young age and she is still damn good, like serena. serena faced with serious injuries due to her own life style and ambition -as far as know correct me if im wrong-
3) İn wimbledon sabine trained mostly with Sam's coach Taylor. Not with her father. there is a debate in sabine's forum you can see how people are complain about her dad. most of the people thinks that the relationship between coach and player must be a professional one.

we are now seem like arguing on a non-serious object here,the whole thing was a joke- but may be a serious debate can born with this joke.Julia has a big potential-as we all know- but she needs someone more upper-level than nensel. Dont get me wrong nensel isnt a bad coach, he improved julia much, but his improvement has a certain extent.

Last edited by LinusVanPelt : Apr 17th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #744
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

A crucial match for the German championship....

Julia didn't tweet after Bayern lost 0-1: Dramatic Dortmund seals the Bundesliga as Robben has the game from hell

I guess she was really gutted.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #745
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
A crucial match for the German championship....

Julia didn't tweet after Bayern lost 0-1: Dramatic Dortmund seals the Bundesliga as Robben has the game from hell

I guess she was really gutted.
Understandable! Arien really fucked up!! Big Time!
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #746
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Julia is pretty a big soccer fan, impressive for a girl I guess.

I'm not half a fan like her in fact I pretty much hate soccer even if I'd watch Real Madrid from time to time sometimes Arsenal when I suspect they'll be winning but that's about all I guess.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #747
country flag Rovegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Julia is pretty a big soccer fan, impressive for a girl I guess.

I'm not half a fan like her in fact I pretty much hate soccer even if I'd watch Real Madrid from time to time sometimes Arsenal when I suspect they'll be winning but that's about all I guess.
I am an Arsenal fan but I always like to see that a girl likes watching football (soccer) I would say girls in the Czech Republich like more ice hockey
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #748
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Bayern won the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid 2-1.

Julia didn't tweet something before the match...maybe to not jinx Bayern this time.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #749
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Bayern won the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid 2-1.

Julia didn't tweet something before the match...maybe to not jinx Bayern this time.
So ein Tag so wunderschön wie heute... usw.
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #750
country flag CillyUltra

Live-chat with Julia today at 6:15 pm CEST:

http://www.facebook.com/PorscheTenni...89193247824269