Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #706
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
There's nothing wrong with the answer, because as you said 95% of people would give that answer. Who wants fame anyway? Some people, who want to be pop stars or movie stars, perhaps, but they are actually quite rare. Most people value their privacy.

But the question usually has more options- love and power are often given as alternatives. Many people still answer money, apart from those people who are very rich, they tend to answer love. It's a tough question anyway- money or power are the most practical options, fame is the least popular option apart from for people who want to be celebrities, because you lose your privacy. So it's silly- putting the most popular option (love is probably the second most popular option) against the least popular option. If you are going to have only two out of the four options- love, money, power, fame- then if you want to avoid a total landslide result I think you should make the question "love or money?" or "money or power?" Because even if you use the option "love or fame" everyone will choose love. "Power or fame?" Fame loses again. Fame is the least popular choice. They've set it up to be too one-sided to be interesting.

Given the questions overall though, they probably just didn't think that deeply about it. You should set up the question to give a balance and make it hard to choose, not easy to choose.
I wrote my comment without seeing and incorporating your`s, always interesting to see.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #707

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
JULIA GOERGES: NEXT SUPER MODEL FOR SPORTS ILLUSTRATED MAGAZINE – TENNIS SPECIAL

The Good ol` Yankees.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #708
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Did that guy translate the article from something? There's no way that's written by someone who has English as a first language, unless they struggled in school. Maybe he's German, with that surname? If he has English as a second language, he writes quite well. If he's a native speaker, then he's struggling a bit.

Edit: Okay, I've read some of his other articles. My feeling is that maybe he's a native speaker who struggles with grammar, something like that. Trying to write in a sensationalist manner has not helped his cause. Wozniacki "overpowered" Sofia Arvidsson? Come on.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #709

Quote:
Did that guy translate the article from something? There's no way that's written by someone who has English as a first language, unless they struggled in school. Maybe he's German, with that surname? If he has English as a second language, he writes quite well. If he's a native speaker, then he's struggling a bit.
The site looks like an American site, maybe it`s her uncle from America.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #710
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoody View Post
What??
My guess is: Eieiei.
I would say. ajajajaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Lol I tilted on that like a sec but it didn't really capture my mind as right now... Aye-yi-yi.

@ Silesia

Don't worry the journalist ask at times the silliest questions in PR -- this one's not even the worst.
yeah, some press conferences are about nothing.... some annoying questions are very silly in my opinion

Quote:
Eieiei is a word?
no, it isn´t... it´s just something you say when you are in trouble (at least I use it for this situation)... here we can see Julia is in trouble because she doesn´t know what to answer....

btw. I can´t understand how someone can mispronounce Mona´s name...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #711
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Eieiei is a word?
Yep, it is
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
You have a brilliant memory !
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #713
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
You have a brilliant memory !
If only I was equally good at memorizing useful things
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #714
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
I still think it isn´t but if the goddess thinks it is so why not but very good memory!
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #715
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I remembered that too. I think this sound has spread to a lot of places, not sure where it is originally from. I recognise it completely and understand it when I hear it, but I forgot it would be spelt eieiei in German. It's an interjection of course, so I suppose it counts as a word, just like um does. Still can't quite figure out how to spell it in English, but everyone would understand the sound here.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by silesia View Post
Yeah, another horny blogger

I have here the same opinion as boomerangkid
This, what you wrote, is pretty useless philosophizing about nothing. The idea of this interview was being funny. The author is certainly not a humanist, who desires to Nobelpreis. If he was, that interview would be very boring... You could do such a philosophical-humanistic' analysis in the language's thread.
And please do not teach people what they confused, mistook and so on, since it's only your own opinion, and it's tennis forum, not a school.

It`s free to everybody what kind of interview he likes or not and I think we all have the same right to bring us into question at times when we can`t get the other member.
In this sense my comment was meant. I definitely did not intend to teach Boomerang kid, I just mentioned my thoughts.
Anyway, thanks for your advice.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #717
country flag HowardH

Julia talked to Alisa today in Miami.

@juliagoerges

I ran today into @akleybanova was great to see her back...great girl,player+fighter...wishing her all the best!!!
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #718
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
JULIA GOERGES: NEXT SUPER MODEL FOR SPORTS ILLUSTRATED MAGAZINE – TENNIS SPECIAL
Just lol to all this

Quote:

Edit: Okay, I've read some of his other articles. My feeling is that maybe he's a native speaker who struggles with grammar, something like that. Trying to write in a sensationalist manner has not helped his cause. Wozniacki "overpowered" Sofia Arvidsson? Come on.
Just lol TBH I didn't read all but I agree on the sensationalism -- at least he's just a blogger.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #719
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silesia View Post
I have here the same opinion as boomerangkid
This, what you wrote, is pretty useless philosophizing about nothing. The idea of this interview was being funny. The author is certainly not a humanist, who desires to Nobelpreis. If he was, that interview would be very boring... You could do such a philosophical-humanistic' analysis in the language's thread.
And please do not teach people what they confused, mistook and so on, since it's only your own opinion, and it's tennis forum, not a school.
Silesia I don't think it's useless philosophizing, if it was then you wouldn't have payed attention to it and it's because the so called 'useless' object have an importance you answered and I do understand where Joy gets at [...] IMO these kinds of adjectives 'useless etc.' are condescending -- everything has an importance from the orange you eat to take vitamins to the statements you see on you screen to elaborate your own personal opinion on something. Without them and this consistent game of 'saying' - 'replying', well the so called 'forum' would be none existent.

Furthermore the second section is a complete contradiction since opinions are there to infirm, confirm or contradict a statement -- it's not schooling it's having a 'contradicting opinion' in a friendly manner otherwise we are all consistently schooling/moralizing one another on what we perceive as not being in line with us which has for consequence of disabling any kind of these statements (unless if they're really really...) since everyone is imitating what the other does just exactly under a different style -- exactly just like you just did with that part by stating a contradicting opinion on Joy's initial statement.

Well as for the question itself, I have no opinion -- these kinds of closed questionnaires 'You prefer food or water ?' are simply a trap. They do not open any way to have a personal opinion since the answer is either one or the other --

Julia has already said she doesn't want/like fame and in the answer she gave I'm certain there would be a 'but' -- but the question doesn't allow it so I think it's an answer by default.

Last edited by Vikapower : Mar 18th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #720
country flag merten

merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice

This topic has been completed one week ago. You like to refresh old garbage which are not associated with Julia. If you don't have someone to talk to in real life go to chats thread.

Sorry but when I want to read something about Julia I encounter very often that user's scribble. He doesn't understand the forum has different threadsand doesn't react to warnings
merten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote