Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 09:25 PM   #16
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
You're exaggerating quite a bit most of my faves I follow their Twitters and they don't do that anyways too. The players often use Twitter to get quick infos on certain things or players and give quick infos themselves on what they're doing on the moment.
Yeah, same here, and that's not right. Wozniacki and my countrygirl Sorana say funny things at times and, of course, the Twitter guru, Petko Julia has improved in this matter too actually. Last year she was like: Hannover. Linz. Home. Merry Christmas!
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #17
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Julias Brief
Julia schreibt aus Stanford

Hallo Fans,

wir sind gut in Stanford angekommen.

Ich bin das erste Mal hier und es ist unglaublich schön!

Wir haben gestern direkt nach der Ankunft unsere 1.Trainingseinheit absolviert, um auch ein wenig den Jetlag zu bekämpfen!

Ich werde meine 1.Runde gegen Maria (Kirilenko) bestreiten, die ich sehr gut kenne, da ich mit ihr auch zuletzt erst in Wimbledon im Doppel gespielt habe.

Das Match wird keine leichte Aufgabe, denn Maria ist eine sehr gute Spielerin, aber genau deshalb sind wir ja hier in den USA, um solche Matches zu bestreiten! Nur gegen die besten Spielerinnen zu spielen, um besser zu werden. Wann das Spiel stattfindet, werde ich euch noch rechtzeitig mitteilen.

Im Doppel werde ich an der Seite von Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova antreten.

Ich freue mich hier in Stanford schon sehr den Court im Einzel und Doppel zu betreten.

Bis bald

Eure Jule

writen on her homepage
http://www.julia-goerges.com/Julias-...tml?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=97&tx_ttnews[backPid]=

Julia`s letter
Julia`s Stanford report
Hi fans,
We arrived well at Stanford yesterday.
I´m here for the first time, it`s a really lovely place.
We immediately started practicing on court after arriving, also to fight the jet lag.
First round I´ll take on Maria Kirilenko. I know her very well, because we played doubles at Wimbledon this year.
The match won`t be easy, because Maria is a very tough player, but therefore I came to the States to face the best players and to improve my game. I´ll give due notice, when the match is scheduled.
I´ll play doubles, too, with Barbora Zahlavova-Stryckova.
I´m delighted to play singles and doubles here at Stanford
See you
Yours sincerely Jule

Last edited by joy division : Jul 24th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #18

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Something is missing in my translation.
It`s pretty remarkable, that she nearly always talks about "we" arrived...and so on.
She regards herself as a part of a team, she doesn`t like pushing herself to the fore.
That bothers very well to her humble nature.

Last edited by joy division : Jul 24th, 2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #19
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Very good!

I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #20
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
Jarka_Tennis Jarmila Gajdosova
@juliagoerges hi beautiful!is absolutely pouring rain!do you still wanna go hit at 11?!your bbm is not delivering
8 hours ago

@juliagoerges on my way to the courts.messages are not delivering to you.can we hit at 11?I be there asap
7 hours ago

@juliagoerges ok once I get there I come to player lounge be there in like half hour I reckon
7 hours ago
Julia's BB doesn't work?

Last edited by silesia : Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #21
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto, 08.08.2011

An interview with: JULIA GOERGES

After she beat Jelena Jankovic 61 63 in the first round of the Rogers Cup.

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Congratulations on the win. What went right for you today?
Well, I had like two or three weeks which haven't been that well for me, but I improved every week when I was playing. Well, today, if you play a player like Jelena, you have to play your best to beat those players. That's what I knew before. I went for my shots and I went for my game, and, yeah, it went pretty well today.

You have always been pretty powerful, big serve, big forehand. But your defense was really, really good today. Was that something you have been working on?
Well, some years ago I wasn't that fit to move my body that well around. We have been working a lot of it, and we have been working hard the last couple of weeks. Yeah, well, it paid off today. It never means something that it's paying off that fast. Today it was nice getting this win under your belt. But, yeah, when you're working hard on those things, some days they will come together. That was one day today.

Most would say 2011 is a breakout year for you. What has changed about your game over the last 12 months?
I would say the consistency. I mean, I'm still not a consistent player. I'm now the first time in the top 20 for a couple of weeks, and it's nice but it's never easy to stay there. You have to work on your consistent. And the players who are in the top 10, they are playing their level every week, every match, and that, well, was for me where I was always struggling on. It's getting better and better, but it's still not perfect for me. I mean, I have always some up and downs also in matches and weeks, so this is the most thing where I can work on.

Possibly your biggest up would have to be when you defeated Caroline Wozniacki for your first career win. How did that help you, knowing you have the confidence to beat anybody here at this tournament?
Well, it was in front of the home crowd in Germany. It was a special moment for me, and it took a while to realize those things. I wasn't really thinking about beating No. 1 there, and it just came all together and was a great feeling. It showed me what I can play and what I have inside. To beat twice No. 1 in the world, it means a lot. You can be proud of that. But it never stops working. You never get it from somewhere. So you always have to be a worker for it, and you always have to go for it, because otherwise you don't beat those players. That really helped me also today. Obviously I was shaking also in some matches, and today I was staying calm and tough in those things.

Next up might be Serena if she wins tomorrow. Pretty tough draw for you to start. Is that something you're looking forward to? Have you ever played her?
Well, I got killed once in French Open oneandahalf years ago, and it can only get better. But, I mean, it can't be better normally for me. Playing Jelena here in my first round, it's a tough draw, but those matches you want to have. Obviously it never means that you make a lot of points or a lot of money, but you shouldn't think like that. I mean, you get those matches, and that's what you're working for. You want to play those players to get better and better to have this competition. This is what I'm looking forward. I mean, first she has to win, but when you look at the draw, you always think like that.

It's your first experience here at the Rogers Cup. What has impressed you about the tournament and about the city?
I heard a lot of good things from it. I mean, I think it's switching every year with men's, right? It's very well organized. I mean, the people are always nice here, they treat you well, and I feel a bit also like in Europe. It's very, very nice. It's to U.S. compared a bit different, but I have to say I'm yeah, I like it here. I mean, the people are really nice, and it's a nice place to be and where you can hang out, also.

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/2011_...s_08.08.11.doc
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #22
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Thanks for sharing Cilly, Julia always has some great words but you can see the difference between reality... I mean it's not always or every time easy to reach to that ideal but hopefully she finally gets there.
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #23
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Ok let's try to update this thread a bit

Twitter - After Serena's match on Twitter :

@juliagoerges
Julia Goerges
lost a tough match today against serena.i have to work on this first set.this shouldnt happen to me again.my performance was really good in

@juliagoerges
Julia Goerges
the second set...a bit unlucky...made 2 more points than her in that set and still lostbut were 2 good matches...tmrw doubles...
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #24
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

I`m here and i will update everyday.
Julia twitter fan is here!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #25
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

espnW, 12.08.2011

The Pro's Questionnaire: Do not disrespect Julia Goerges

by Amanda Rykoff

In the Pro's Questionnaire, our favorite sports figures take our abridged version of the most famous personality test, the Proust Questionnaire. WTA player Julia Goerges, currently ranked No. 20 in the world, is up next. The 22-year old German talks about the importance of family, her desire to sing and why she's afraid of fire.

Your main fault:
My main fault is that sometimes I think too much about a lot of things at the same time.

Your idea of happiness:
Being together with my family and especially my nephew.

Your idea of misery:
When my family is not feeling good and I know that I'm not at home and can't help them. It makes me really sad.

If not yourself, who would you want to be?
I really love to sing, and it would be nice if I could be a singer, but honestly, I'm not really talented in that. But that would be something I would love to be.

Your favorite food/drink:
I love juices -- pineapple, orange, apricot -- which I mostly mix with sparkling water. I love pizza and pasta, but we also have a special food -- croque -- which is an oven baked baguette and you can decide what you put on it, like salad, cheese, mayonnaise, whatever you like.

Hero/heroine you admire most:
Martina Hingis.

What you hate most:
Disrespectful people. I think you should treat people always with respect.

The natural talent you'd like to be gifted with:
To be a good singer and to play good soccer!

Your greatest fear:
Anything to do with fire. Ten years ago there was a big fire next to our house. The house next door exploded and all the pieces fell onto our house. So it was almost close to death for my mum and me. That was a big thing … and from that point on I don't really like fire.

Your greatest extravagance:
After Stuttgart I bought a big Louis Vuitton bag!

Your most treasured possession:
I would say my necklace. I got it from my parents and my grandmother, who had already died. And some months after she passed away, my mother gave me this necklace and said it is from them [my parents] and my grandmother together, so it means a lot to me.

Your present state of mind:
I think I can be pretty satisfied with my life and my season so far. Being here [Bad Gastein] with my family and spending a lot of time with them makes me happy!

The Pro's Questionnaire: Do not disrespect Julia Goerges

Last edited by CillyUltra : Aug 22nd, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Where do you always dig these things out ?
Great !!!
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #27
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Your main fault:
Julia Goerges: My main fault is that sometimes I think too much about a lot of things at the same time.

Hmm, it seems i wasn't blowing hot air after all
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Your main fault:
Julia Goerges: My main fault is that sometimes I think too much about a lot of things at the same time.

Hmm, it seems i wasn't blowing hot air after all
It`s pretty interesting, what she responds in this context.
The question is, what she meant here. It`s not clear, there are some options.
But consecutively, it could actually mean, that she has problems to get the things together and find a quick decision in a situation where is forced to handle.
This definitely happens on the court, and therefore your "blowing hot air" is a reasonable and interesting observation.
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #29
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
It`s pretty interesting, what she responds in this context.
The question is, what she meant here. It`s not clear, there are some options.
If she was talking about what she does when in the bathroom, then she must be nuts Yes, I suppose she meant on the court.
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
If she was talking about what she does when in the bathroom, then she must be nuts Yes, I suppose she meant on the court.
I suppose, she meant it in a more general sense.
If she just mentioned this towards her tennis, she probably would have chosen other words, but I could be wrong, here.