Julia's 2014 - April & May - Clay Season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #1
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Julia's 2014 - April & May - Clay Season

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
Stuttgart, Germany

21 April - 27 April
Time Zone UTC +2

Indoor Clay | Premier | $710,000

R2
55 Points

R1 - Julia Görges def. Sorana Cirstea 6-1 7-5
R2 - Ana Ivanovic def. Julia Görges 1-6 6-2 6-3

Mutua Madrid Open
Madrid, Spain

03 May - 11 May
Time Zone UTC +2

Clay | Premier Mandatory | $4,236,425

Qualified - R1
30 Points

QR1 - Julia Görges def. Vania King 4-6 6-1 6-4
FQR - Julia Görges def. Katarzyna Piter 6-2 6-3

R1 - Simona Halep def. Julia Görges 6-2 6-0

Internazionali BNL d'Italia
Rome, Italy

12 May - 18 May
Time Zone UTC +2

Clay | Premier 5 | $2,440,070

QR2
20 Points

QR1 - Julia Görges def. Marina Erakovic 7-5 7-5
QR2 - Lauren Davis def. Julia Görges 6-2 6-3

Internationaux de Strasbourg
Strasbourg, France

18 May - 24 May
Time Zone UTC +2

Clay | International | $250,000

QF
60 Points

R1 - Julia Görges def. Sloane Stephens 6-3 6-2
R2 - Julia Görges def. Lauren Davis 7-5 6-4

QF - Madison Keys def. Julia Görges 6-2 2-6 6-2

French Open - Roland Garros
Rome, Italy

25 May - 07 June
Time Zone UTC +2

Clay | Grand Slam | €25,018,900

R2
70 Points

R1 - Julia Görges def. Michelle Larcher de Brito 6-2 6-3
R2 - Genie Bouchard def. Julia Görges 2-6 6-2 6-1

Last edited by KatjaS : May 28th, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #2
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia's 2014 - April & May - Clay Season

Julia made it into the Q Draw of Madrid by the skin of her teeth, being literally the last player in. If she's playing there it's safe to assume she'll also play Rome the week after that.

I really think it would've been better for her to play the ITF 100ks in Cagnes-sur-Mer and Prague that take place in the same weeks. Less glamorous and comfortable, but also easier fields to get some traction.

For her to make the MD in Wimbledon she needs to win one or (to be safe) better two MD matches in either Stuttgart and/or Madrid.
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #3
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post

I really think it would've been better for her to play the ITF 100ks in Cagnes-sur-Mer and Prague that take place in the same weeks. Less glamorous and comfortable, but also easier fields to get some traction.
Being smart and strategic in her scheduling would go a long way in making Julia's struggle a little easier. Yet why they don't give more thought to it is baffling.

Quote:
For her to make the MD in Wimbledon she needs to win one or (to be safe) better two MD matches in either Stuttgart and/or Madrid.
Don't see that happening in Stuttgart unless she's suddenly found a cure for jetlag (please), or gets the most favorable of draws--someone with worse jetlag, a bum ankle, and some nasty flu to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately even if jetlag weren't an issue, I just have no confidence at this point that she can win two MD matches in a row. Please let me be wrong.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #4
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
Being smart and strategic in her scheduling would go a long way in making Julia's struggle a little easier. Yet why they don't give more thought to it is baffling.
Doppio.

Quote:
Don't see that happening in Stuttgart unless she's suddenly found a cure for jetlag (please), or gets the most favorable of draws--someone with worse jetlag, a bum ankle, and some nasty flu to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately even if jetlag weren't an issue, I just have no confidence at this point that she can win two MD matches in a row. Please let me be wrong.
One match at both would be enough, too. Theoretically just one MD match in total could be enough, too, but that would be cutting it very close.

Regarding Stuttgart and jet lag, see the photo thread.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 03:28 AM   #5
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Quote:

One match at both would be enough, too. Theoretically just one MD match in total could be enough, too, but that would be cutting it very close.
Cutting it very close in heart attack inducing fashion would be classic Julia
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #6
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Stuttgart

(wc)Goerges v Cirstea
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #7
country flag KatjaS

Didn't really matter who. Petko would've been the only good draw.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #8
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, Julia! I am with you!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 09:33 AM   #9
country flag Danars

Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold

I want this Goerges back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQMvi6ZPrQ
Danars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:28 PM   #10
country flag KatjaS

Julia has missed the Rome Q cutoff by 3 spots. Peer and Pereira (JESUS the players she's ranked behind ) are the ALTs in front of her.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:40 PM   #11
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Julia has missed the Rome Q cutoff by 3 spots. Peer and Pereira (JESUS the players she's ranked behind ) are the ALTs in front of her.

Hopefully alarm bells are going off in her (jetlagged) head right now.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:22 PM   #12
country flag KatjaS

Quote:

Hopefully alarm bells are going off in her (jetlagged) head right now.
No they won't.

On another note, Julia's effort against Cirstea will be on display starting at 12:30 local time. Live on actual TV in Germany.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:45 PM   #13
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
No they won't.

On another note, Julia's effort against Cirstea will be on display starting at 12:30 local time. Live on actual TV in Germany.
That wouldn't be some sort of dig at German TV tennis coverage, would it?

You'll have to enjoy it for me then, and I fervently pray that there will be something positive to see on the actual German TV. Suffering from my own jetlag and just cannot wake up at 3:30am to watch. I hope that being on that Stuttgart clay brings back the kind of memories that will allow Julia to overcome her current state of .
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:54 PM   #14
country flag KatjaS

Tennis on actual, real TV indeed is a rarity in Germany. And it's even a relatively well-known channel. Julia will have an audience.

Oh, and according to her twitter Julia will be featured on Mats Point with Mats Wilander. But I have no idea when that could air.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:21 AM   #15
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

Quote:

Knapp is in the Q list so actually she needs just one more withdraw to get in :/ she should get in, but the situation is not nice...and i would be really disappointed to miss her :/

As for today, Cirstea is a good draw, i consider the rumenian a really bad player...hope she can win :/

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote