Chinese Tennis - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 10:36 AM   #31
Monaco

Monaco is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not been a good year for Chinese tennis.

Does anyone know if Fang Li has retired too? She played her last event at the Ericsson Open and won just one match this year.

I don't think this training camp is a great idea as the girls must play international events to test their levels.
Monaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2001, 05:54 PM   #32
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
In spite of her shoulder injury in the Asian Championships singles, Li Na seems to be in pretty good shape :

she won the women's and mixed doubles at these Asian Championships. Looks like a good omen for the coming season.
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2002, 07:06 AM   #33
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
I'm not surprised at all that Jing-Qian retired. A real pity that injury caused her to retire.

Liu Nan-Nan is now the top Chinese player, although I personally think that it should be Li Na instead.

I'm glad to see Nan-Nan, Sun Tian-Tian and Zheng Jie playing the circuit at Britain coming up. Hopefully Na will be playing some events soon too.

I have no clue to what's happened to Li Fang. She's either still injured since March or she decided to hang her racquet. She was one of my big faves.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2002, 04:07 PM   #34
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

I do hope also that Na will play some tourneys, though she seems to have been quite injured these past months.

If I remember correctly, Nan Nan went to Bali (while she was only the runner up for the WC) because Na was injured. She got some WTA points there.

BTW, Hochiminh City IFT is scheduled around 3rd week of April. I hope the Chinese squad will come and I will not be away on business trip : I just bought a new digital camera .
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 11:10 AM   #35
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Good news, Li Na and Li Ting have committed to the following tourneys:

14 Jan: $10K Gainesville, USA
21 Jan: $10K Miami, USA
28 Jan: $25K Rockford, USA

We'll see whether they committed to $75K Midland the week after that when the commitments come out. This will be a great opportunity for them to get both their singles and doubles ranking back up. Glad to see the Chinese Tennis Federation using their initiative by sending some to the States and Europe.

BTW, nice avatar of Li Na.
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 12:01 PM   #36
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
brilliant Avatar ....

IF ONLY Na could play to her potential!
is she mantally weak? .... because she belongs in the top 50 no doubt in my mind..... maybe even top 30 in time
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 12:54 PM   #37
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Thanks regarding the Avatar. I have to thank two persons for it : KC and Bill (Mitchell). I borrowed a couple of pictures from his website . Great pics than his.

Short digression : he has updated his page on Ai Sugyiama. It is really excellent !!!

danker, thanks for the news. Na is right to start again from $10,000 ITF tourneys. Nothing like a good warm-up at the beginning of the season. And I am certain she will not do like Lucic .

The two first tourneys are in Florida and the third one in Illinois. Let me see, do we know someone living in Florida....

KC!!!!!

Do you have any way to find some information regarding The Li team performances in Gainesville and in Miami .

Gainesville : University of Florida
Miami : Marriott Racquet Club

And if you happen to live nearby, any chance to see them????

If so, can you please check with them if they will go to Hochiminh City for the ITF tourney mid-end April??? I have my new camera and I intend to take some pics of them!!!!

Last edited by Steveg : Jan 13th, 2002 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 07:32 PM   #38
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Tian Tian is now one place away from the main draw in Tipton (UK) week of Jan 28th.

She is therefore likely to be in the main draw , instead of the qualifyings.
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 08:28 PM   #39
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
She's playing in Florida?!?! I'll see if I can get any information. I do live in near Miami.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2002, 08:37 PM   #40
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Excellent .

Here are the tourneys details :

MARRIOTT RACQUET CLUB
TENNIS PRO SHOP
1201 N. LE JEUNE ROAD
MIAMI, FL 33126

PHONE: (305) 644-5478
FAX: (305) 644-0407

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:22 AM   #41
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

danker,

I just posted the Rockford commitment list. If Na is #2 in the alternate qualifying list in a $50,000 tourney, I am afraid her ranking will not be sufficient for her to play in a $75,000 tourney the week after . And not to mention Ting...
Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:17 PM   #42
country flag Rising Sun

Just found a very interesting article regarding Li Na and Peng Shuai.
What do u think?

http://www.smcsportsmarketing.com/chinanews.html
Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:28 PM   #43
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Thanks danker,

I had actually already seen it a few months back while looking for some information on Li Na through engine search sites.

I had not paid too much attention to it at that time because it was last year and since then, Li Na ranking has only been going down. So it does not look like it has been of much help to her so far...

I thought besides that Na had been practicing extensively in China for the Chinese Games. So I am actually wondering if the deal is still on?

Do you know if Na stayed in the States last Summer or if she was in China?

I think it will be good overall for Chinese players, but maybe in the very long term. BTW, it could be the reason why 3 Chinese players will be in UK soon...
Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:33 PM   #44
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Interesting Avatar that you have danker. Is it a music group?

BTW, I have been checking the list of WTA players currently under contract with SMC. I hope the list is not exhaustive, because it does not include any Chinese player .

Here is the link : SMC Women Tennis Players

Is it the Chinese flag at the bottom left of the page?

The players who have an hyperlink to SanexWTA Tour website players data page are mentioned. Na has such a data page on the Sanex website, but she does not appear in the SMC list .
Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:38 PM   #45
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Here is another link, dated August last year :

SMC - Peng

They also mention Na's management but no news since then.

There is really so little information about Chinese tennis .