Naiktha Bains - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 4th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #61
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Naiktha Bains

Bad luck Niktha. Good luck next week.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #62
Bluish

Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold

Shishkina probably feeling a little bit more at home in the US as well.

I didn't see the match - what was your take on Bains and Shishkina?
Bluish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #63
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Naiktha has more talent for sure, her forehand is just wonderful. Shishkina was just more consistent, Naiktha is pretty agressive and made too many errors. Her backhand and serve needs a bit of work still. She controlled the match from the get-go.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #64
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I think Naiktha will end up being a better player than Shishkina. She has an unbelievable forehand and likes to run around and hit it instead of a backhand at every opportunity, just like Stosur. The backhand is definitely her biggest liability. She can be a bit erratic off it. She seems to have a decent amount of variety and touch. She also likes to come into the next to hit forehand drive volleys to finish off the point, and pretty much every time she hit them for a winner. The serve isn't too bad but let's be real she's only 13. It's not like anyone at that age has a huge serve.

As for Shishkina, she is a more scrappy player. She defends and fights well (her "come on"s at the end got pretty annoying ). She doesn't have as many weapons as Naiktha but she's definitely more solid and consistent.

Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, losses like this really don't matter. At this stage of her career it's about improving her game and getting confidence.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #65
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Well this week Naiktha played the U14 Nike Junior Tour and reached the semifinals. Again a great week!

1R: BYE
2R: (2)Naiktha Bains (AUS) df. Jil Belen Teichmann (SUI) 2-6 6-4 6-3
3R: (2)Naiktha Bains (AUS) df. Verena Hofer (ITA) 6-2 6-1
QF: (2)Naiktha Bains (AUS) df. Valeria Nikolaev (ISR) 6-3 6-0
SF: (WC)Valentini Grammatikopoulou (GRE) df. (2)Naiktha Bains (AUS) 6-3 3-6 10-7

I've heard of Grammatopoulou and she's supposed to be pretty good also. If anyone cares, Shishkina got thrashed 6-2 6-1 by Konjuh in the other semifinal.

Next up is the Orange Bowl I guess? Does the U14s take place next week? The U18s was last week and I thought the U14s was on then too, but obviously not.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #66
BlueTrees

Well unfortunately Naiktha didn't do too well in the Junior Orange Bowl and lost in the second round.

Does anyone know where she's playing next? I assume she's playing the Junior Australian Open?
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #67
BlueTrees

Naiktha was awarded a MWC into G1 Loy Yang Traralgon International but had to withdraw last minute due to injury. She's going to play Australian Open juniors though. I think she got a MWC for that.

By the way some of the match against Shishkina at Eddie Herr is here.

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #68
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

She's on the entry list for Burnie $25K
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #69
BlueTrees

Good to hear. That event is pretty much filled with the top junior girls who play there after the Australian Open. Is she getting a MWC or a QWC? Either way it's exciting that she's about to make her professional debut. We obviously can't expect too much, I mean, she's just turned 14.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #70
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

i reckon i'll go and watch her if she makes it to the main draw in Burnie, i don't think i'll be able to go to quallies though.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM   #71
BlueTrees

Naiktha got a MWC for the Australian Open juniors and drew (1)Irina Khromacheva (RUS) in the first round. Will be a very tough match which she is not expected to win. Hopefully she can put up a decent account of herself. Maybe she can talk to Ashleigh seeing as she beat her at the Wimbledon final last year.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM   #72
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

There will be stream of girl's singles matches? Would be nice to see Naikhta again
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM   #73
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Damn unlucky draw.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 06:33 AM   #74
BlueTrees

Naiktha lost to Khromacheva 6-3 6-2. Not too bad. Irina is two and a half years older. She actually got to the final round of qualifying in the women's event.

It just sucks that she got such a tough draw.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #75
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Naiktha withdrew from the $25Ks in Burnie and Launceston