Naiktha Bains - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #46
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold Sam21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Naiktha Bains

oh, i didnt know about that rule BlueTrees. thats good then is it a fairly new rule? and yeah, she should definately get to play main draw girls.
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #47
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
oh, i didnt know about that rule BlueTrees. thats good then is it a fairly new rule? and yeah, she should definately get to play main draw girls.
Change was two or three years ago. July 2011 rules:
Quote:
AGE ELIGIBILITY AND PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
ii.
14 Years Old
A player may earn a WTA Ranking; however, she may not par-
ticipate in WTA Tournaments by direct ranking acceptance, or
participate in a WTA Championships, by direct ranking
acceptance or Wild Card.
(a) Number and Type of Tournaments
Between the date of a player’s 14th birthday and the day
before her 15th birthday, a player may participate in:
(i) A maximum of eight (8) ITF Women’s Circuit events,
no more than three (3) of which may be at ITF
Women’s Circuit $50,000 and above; plus
(ii) Fed Cup (any level of competition).
The number of ITF Women’s Circuit events in which a
player may participate will be reduced, however, if the
player receives a Wild Card into a WTA Tournament as
provided in sub-Section b below.
(b) Wild Cards
These players are permitted to receive a maximum of
three (3) Wild Cards as follows:
(i) One (1) Wild Card for use into the Main Draw or
Qualifying Draw of either a WTA International
Tournament or ITF Women’s Circuit event; and
(ii) Two (2) Wild Cards exclusively for use into the Main
Draw or Qualifying Draw of any ITF Women’s Circuit
event.
Pretty unambiguous, you'd have thought, but after the Lisicki Wimbledon wild card debacle, I don't trust the WTA to enforce the rules as written.

It's worth remembering that Ash was in the AO pre-qualie draw last year, though pulled out, purportedly due to injury. Eleanor Dean actually played the Wimbledon pre-qualie the year before under these rules.

I supposes it's also worth pointing out that the AO will presumably be subject to the 2012 tour rules, and I don't think those have been cobbled together published yet.

EDIT: I should have said Dean played the Wimbledon wc playoff earlier in the same year (2010)

Last edited by Embittered : Nov 4th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #48
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Slams have to agree to the rules too, otherwise they aren't subject anyway. That's my understanding
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #49
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think the other Asian junior ITF that Naiktha was supposed to play in was the G5 Singapore Junior ITF Championships but she withdrew a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure her next event is the Eddie Herr Junior Championships (starting 28th November) and then the Orange Bowl (starting 5th December). I think she's playing G14 for those so it won't count for her junior ITF ranking.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #50
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Naiktha is currently at the IMG Bolletieri Tennis Academy participating in the 14&U Eddie Herr Junior International Tennis Championships. She is the #2 seed and has a BYE in the first round. She will play her second round tomorrow (Tuesday) against either (Q)Natalie Kitchen (USA) or Yulia Bryzgalova (RUS). Not to put pressure on Naiktha but she really shouldn't have to much trouble in these earlier rounds.

Incredibly, the tournament is actually livestreaming the matches. I think all courts and all matches are being livestreamed so maybe we'll have a chance to see her play.

Looking at the junior ITF 18&U rankings Naiktha's currently ranked 326th and is the best 13 year old in the world. With Naiktha, Sara Tomic and Ashleigh Barty, Australian tennis is definitely looking promising!
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #51
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

GL Naiktha.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 03:04 AM   #52
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

She is now into the final 16 after winning her R2 match 6-1 6-0 and her R3 match 6-2 6-3.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:52 PM   #53
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

...and into the quarter finals with a 6-3 6-3 win over American Raquel Pedraza.
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 01:47 AM   #54
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

I caught some of their match on the live stream (I think). Her opponent was a solid girl who had a good serve and was hitting some big winners from her FH and BH. Naiktha was hitting her FH very well and using it to move Pedraza around the court.

Be great if she could get to the semis and play this Shishkina girl that everyone is talking about.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 03:17 AM   #55
BlueTrees

Great that she's doing so well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch any of the matches as they're on so late here. Too bad they're not recorded on the website for playback or anything.

So she plays Raquel Pedraza in the quarterfinals...I agree that a matchup against Shishkina would be interesting. She's supposed to be pretty good also.
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM   #56
country flag Dani12

Naiktha's forehand is such a pleasure to watch, it's agressive, natural and clean. Her backhand is not good but she masks it well, she needs to work on her serve too. No doubt though that forehand will take her places, in a few years time it should be a world class weapon.
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:01 AM   #57
country flag Dani12

She ended up winning 7-6 6-3. Plays Shishkina in the semi final, from what I've seen, Naiktha has a lot more fire power than Maria, she just needs to find the range on the forehand
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 06:27 AM   #58
Bluish

Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold

Wow, impressive run so far.
Bluish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:21 PM   #59
BlueTrees

I'm currently watching Naiktha on the Court 1 livestream. She just won the first set 7-6(4) against Shishkina in the semifinals. Naiktha is definitely the more aggressive player. The match is in her hands.
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM   #60
BlueTrees

Well unfortunately Naiktha ended up losing to Shishkina 6-7(4) 6-2 7-5. She had a match point at 5-4* in the third set but missed the return.

Hopefully she isn't too disappointed. It was still a great tournament. A semifinal isn't bad at all and she was up against a very good opponent. I think we'll see many more meetings between these two players in the future.

Next up is the Orange Bowl next week. Hopefully she can keep up the good form.