Which retired tournament do you miss the most? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Retired tournament you miss the most?

Berlin 40 22.60%
Amelia Island 38 21.47%
Zurich 36 20.34%
Hilton Head 5 2.82%
Philadelphia 6 3.39%
Filderstadt 19 10.73%
Antwerp 14 7.91%
Hyderabad/Bangalore 2 1.13%
Forest Hills 3 1.69%
Other 14 7.91%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #1
country flag DeliriousPotato

DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future
Which retired tournament do you miss the most?

I just watched some Zurich highlights back when Ivanovic was emerging, and it made me think of how much I miss this tournament...

Aleksandra Wozniak --- Sabine Lisicki --- Peng Shuai ---

FITD Titles: -Ponte Vedra Beach 2009- -US OPEN 2010-
DeliriousPotato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #2
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of
Re: Which retired tournament do you miss the most?

Berlin and Amelia Island

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Giorgi~
Oprandi~Radwanska~Li~Mayr~Voegele
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:58 AM   #3
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Amelia Island.

Followed by an indoor hardcourt Filderstadt/Stuttgart, Zurich, and Philadelphia.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:59 AM   #4
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Amelia Island, Berlin and when Stuttgart was indoors.

AND THAT GODLY TROPHY FROM ANTWERP.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #5
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Amelia Island, Stuttgart (indoors) and Zurich, in that order
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #6
country flag Leelee.

Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all

Newport.
Leelee. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #7
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute

I really miss Hilton Head and Amelia Island even tho I hate green clay. I loved AI's CC it was so intimate and there was a big ole tree in the back which added to the coziness.
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #8
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
I really miss Hilton Head and Amelia Island even tho I hate green clay. I loved AI's CC it was so intimate and there was a big ole tree in the back which added to the coziness.
I always wanted to go Amelia Island just so I could climb that tree and watch tennis from that vantage point.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #9
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Amelia Island/Zurich. Maybe some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I always wanted to go Amelia Island just so I could climb that tree and watch tennis from that vantage point.
Me too.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #10
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Zurich Indoor. San Diego being a Tier 1.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:39 AM   #11
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Scottsdale.

It pulled the best players because it was an IW tune-up, and conversely, it made have a California tournament that time of year not completely riduclous.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #12
country flag Leelee.

Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all

Boston. The site of Elbo's first tournament and super fit Mariaan de Swardt's reign of terror.
Leelee. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #13
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

For me it's obviously Zurich, but I also miss Amelia Island, easily the best center court IMO. Philadelphia was great too.
A-Bond is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #14
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

Amelia Island, Berlin, when Stuttgart was played on HC indoors, Zurich too. If I have to choose one though it's AI.

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #15
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of borrowedheaven has much to be proud of

I miss the whole European fall season.
But to pick one tournament, I think I liked Antwerp the most. It had such a nice atmosphere, the music when the players entered ... and of course the trophy.
borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote