Ajmo Miki! U.S. hardcourt swing - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #1
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Ajmo Miki! U.S. hardcourt swing

Good luck Miki!

Schedule so far:

Stanford (currently second in Q, likely MD)
San Diego (was 9 spots out of the MD last time I asked)
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #2
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Ajmo Miki! U.S. hardcourt swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Schedule so far:

Stanford (currently second in Q, likely MD)

I was there last year and saw Mirjana beat El Tabakh and Krajicek. It's a really nice, pleasant facility. I definitely plan to be there again this year!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #3
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice

I hope she she will be ready for it, good luck Miki you will need a bit of it!
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #4
country flag tennisfanML09

tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice

good luck Mirjana, and don't forget-we love you!!!
tennisfanML09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #5
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Add Vancouver 100k to it.
Since SD is 56 draw and she's still not even in MD I guess it would be good idea to play Vancouver.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #6
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I was there last year and saw Mirjana beat El Tabakh and Krajicek. It's a really nice, pleasant facility. I definitely plan to be there again this year!
Don't forget she also whomped Tamaryn Hendler 6-2 6-4. I was there, too

Will be interesting to see if she makes direct entry ... a tight draw, this one. See you at Taube Family Stadium!
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #7
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana withdrew from Vancouver.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #8
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

She should really start to think about points.
She's gonna have to play like crazy to earn those in San Diego.
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #9
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Yes, but she also has to be judicious with her money. Vancouver is gorgeous this time of year, and it is tempting for many players to play that 100K, obviously, but it's frankly expensive to "stay & play" in gorgeous Vancouver. I would rather see her risk qualifying to reap WTA level points, if she feels she can stick to her guns. Mirjana will be wisest to hit Stanford, San Diego, and wind her way back to Flushing Meadows via Cincinatti and Toronto, travel-wise.

I hope to hell she is playing New haven, too. We have to keep in mind: this is her "home stretch" for the season (including the Quebec event), because she will be getting married and is highly unlikely to drift back to Europe for the scattered indoor WTAs ... unless something really remarkable happens by the end of this summer. She may delve into the Challengers post-September, but only if she has to, and she will not want to "have to".

But let us also be of good cheer (as much as Lucic fans can be cheery folk). It only takes one or two really good runs to change the entire playing board.

She is putting a lot of eggs in one basket this hard-court season, but pros put eggs in baskets every time they hit the courts at one event, anywhere. I believe Ms. Lucic has already made crucial advances this season (though the ranking sadly doesn't reflect it because of the timing of her advances). I also feel confident that her form (except for a couple of eye-bleeding yips) is very good. Let's be honest: we all ought to be praying to the draw gods and hoping she can dig-in and nail two or even three rounds at the US Open in a flurry of inspired play. She could have done wonders at both Paris and Wimby, save for the draw demons.

I just want her to sizzle as best she can this summer and, if she only gets "so far", then put massive effort into being super-prepared and ballistic with her game right from the start next season. In many ways it has been a bigger breakthrough year for her than last year -- the two WTA quarters and the Top 50 wins and the general Big Babe form,the authority with which she is hitting the ball. Damn the timing, but she's been belting Top 40-50 ball out there.

Miki is due for a BIG breakthrough, and I still think it could come at any moment, if the stars align and her head stays screwed on.

As her long-suffering (and never bored) fans, we are also due for breakthroughs ;->
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #10

tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice

mikireturns, i can say you put everyting niceliy in your post.. i would really like mirjana to have some good results, or to have few good results till the end of summer... as far as it concerns for us open i have no expectations 'cause she really didn't have luck with the draw at rolland garros and wimby; so if it happens again at us open we could call passing first round as a success... she still has some good events where she could do some damage and collect such an important ranking points... i pray for her to finish the year about 80's, everything better can be just a bonus, and evrything lower could be bad, 'cause it's gonna be important for the start of the next season... also, the reason why i would like her to have few more good results is 'cause she's getting married in fall, and i'm afraid if there's gonna be lack of results she may quit from tennis sonner then we or her has expected which would be a shame now when she finnaly got here where she is... if she's gonna be playing next season too, i belive she will improve more and more (in consistancy, winning matches, passing at least first round at slams etc. and result would be much higer ranking then she's has now.... so yes, i'm really interested what will be her tour schedule in next few months and further.....
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #11
country flag mikireturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfanML09 View Post
mikireturns, i can say you put everyting niceliy in your post.. i would really like mirjana to have some good results, or to have few good results till the end of summer... as far as it concerns for us open i have no expectations 'cause she really didn't have luck with the draw at rolland garros and wimby; so if it happens again at us open we could call passing first round as a success... she still has some good events where she could do some damage and collect such an important ranking points... i pray for her to finish the year about 80's, everything better can be just a bonus, and evrything lower could be bad, 'cause it's gonna be important for the start of the next season... also, the reason why i would like her to have few more good results is 'cause she's getting married in fall, and i'm afraid if there's gonna be lack of results she may quit from tennis sonner then we or her has expected which would be a shame now when she finnaly got here where she is... if she's gonna be playing next season too, i belive she will improve more and more (in consistancy, winning matches, passing at least first round at slams etc. and result would be much higer ranking then she's has now.... so yes, i'm really interested what will be her tour schedule in next few months and further.....
Yep. I don't think she will bag her comeback attempt without giving it a full press next year, too. Mirjana has been very aware that her progress back to the good times has been gradual. I think one of the best things about this whole return is that she could retire tomorrow, or next year, or whenever, and be able to go forward knowing she really and truly made it back to the tour and showed she could compete with the world's best. I mean, times have changed radically since she was a kid; just getting back to the status wherein a person can say, "I am one of 100 best tennis players on the planet" is a thing to be very proud of. And she has done that, and enjoyed some special breakthroughs (so relieved and stoked that she beat some Top 50 stars and reached two quarterfinal rounds this season). Now she is due for the next level of a breakthrough, but she has to keep her focus. She'll be just fine, no matter what. I totally think you will see her place the 2012 Olympics as a big goal. Very exciting. You will see her there, I believe.
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #12
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Looks like miki may be playing dallas before uso too
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #13

can someone please tell me how much points is mirjana defending till US-Open and early after USO???
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #14
ajmo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
I totally think you will see her place the 2012 Olympics as a big goal. Very exciting. You will see her there, I believe.
I don't know exactly but I believe she'll have to enter top 50 early next year and also play Fed Cup to get spot in draw.
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #15
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfanML09 View Post
can someone please tell me how much points is mirjana defending till US-Open and early after USO???
Through the end of this year:

Stanford (July): 20
US Open (Aug): 160
Quebec (Sept): 30
Albuquerque (Sept): 110
Las Vegas (Sept): 32
Troy (Oct): 10
Grapevine (Nov): 10
Toyota (Nov): 58

That's a lot of points
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote