Julia Görges statistics and ranking thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #31
country flag robpal

robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice robpal is just really nice
Re: Ranking break-down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
A win in Barcelona should give her 210 points.
You see the future in bright colors
robpal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #32
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges statistics and ranking thread

I've added another section referencing Julia's winners/unforced errors (WTA tour + majors) -- I haven't typed all yet though. I'll see if I can add some indicators...

Like always contributions are welcomed.

Last edited by Vikapower : Apr 13th, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #33
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

With the tournaments moving in the Olympic year, Stuttgart will fly out of the WTA rankings after Fed Cup, so we can see how Julia's ranks looks without her great Victory. She will be currently the 21st. The decrease of 5 positions - from 16 to 21. So is not so bad Now, what she'll win in Stuttgart is in her favor !
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=2

(Soon naturally Madrid will fall out)

Thanks Vikapower. I don't know where you got all these details. Is there a site in Internet with informations about unforced errors and winners in concrete matches in the past ??

Last edited by silesia : Apr 16th, 2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: mistaken weeks
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #34
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silesia View Post
With the tournaments moving in the Olympic year, Stuttgart will fly out of the WTA rankings after Fed Cup, so we can see how Julia's ranks looks without her great Victory. She will be currently the 21st. The decrease of 5 positions - from 16 to 21. So is not so bad Now, what she'll win in Stuttgart is in her favor !
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=2

(Soon naturally Madrid will fall out)
Stuttgart was played the 18th of April last year, I totally forgot that anyways doesn't make much difference hopefully Julia will do something in Stuttgart.

Quote:
Thanks Vikapower. I don't know where you got all these details. Is there a site in Internet with informations about unforced errors and winners in concrete matches in the past ??
Well I wish there was unfortunately not -- for the WTA tour it's my 'personal collection' if I can say so of her post-match statistics made from captions.

I will upload them to imageur and post a link so that you all can check them out.

For the majors, you can check out matchstat for the winners/unforced statistic but also that's where I take all the serving statistics (aces, Dfs, return on first serve % etc.) -- I admit there's a lot of typing etc. to do because must take opponents and Julia together to get the (%) return on first/second serves for example.

I don't guaranty you of the veracity of matchstat's numbers because I often don't fall pin point with the WTA's count but it's really not a big difference, generally +/-0.02~0.05% in average difference so it does not really harm.

---

As for the very first section, I created a complex database with Microsoft Access where I can question about specific facts about Julia.

Last edited by Vikapower : Apr 16th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #35
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

good to know Julia won´t fall so deeply... hopefully she will do well in Stuttgart then to get some points back...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #36
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
good to know Julia won´t fall so deeply... hopefully she will do well in Stuttgart then to get some points back...
Yeah 21 is not bad especially considering that the surrounding girls for most aren't really in tennis form right now (Jankovic etc.) -- so she can quickly come back on top.

Also, Julia has the advantage of not having played Rome last year so she can take many points in this Premier 5 event to rebuild her ranking and/or seeding for Roland-Garros.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #37
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Yeah 21 is not bad especially considering that the surrounding girls for most aren't really in tennis form right now (Jankovic etc.) -- so she can quickly come back on top.

Also, Julia has the advantage of not having played Rome last year so she can take many points in this Premier 5 event to rebuild her ranking and/or seeding for Roland-Garros.
hopefully she will take at least half of points in Stuttgart back but as you said she didn´t play Rome last year so there´s another big challenge to gain other points into the rankings...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #38
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Vikapower has holidays. So temporarily I give the rbd made by MK27.
Situation at 30.04.2012 :

Code:
Julia Görges
Total points: 2335

Grand Slams
Australian Open                GS    29.01.12  4.R      280
US Open                        GS    11.09.11  3.R      160
Wimbledon                      GS    03.07.11  3.R      160
Roland Garros                  GS    06.06.11  3.R      160

Other Mandatory
Madrid                         PM    08.05.11  SF       450
Indian Wells                   PM    18.03.12  3.R      140
Beijing                        PM    09.10.11  1.R        5
Miami                          PM    01.04.12  1.R        5

Best of Other Countable Tournaments
Dubai                          P     26.02.12  F        320
Luxembourg                     IS    23.10.11  SF       130
Tokyo                          P5    02.10.11  3.R      125
Paris                          P     12.02.12  QF       120
Barcelona                      IS    15.04.12  QF        70
Doha                           P5    19.02.12  2.R       70
Seoul                          IS    25.09.11  QF        70
Toronto                        P5    14.08.11  2.R       70

Non-Countable Tournaments
Stuttgart                      P     29.04.12  2.R       60
Dallas                         IS    27.08.11  2.R       30
Auckland                       IS    07.01.12  2.R       30
Linz                           IS    16.10.11  2.R       30
Sydney                         P     14.01.12  1.R        1
Cincinnati                     P5    21.08.11  1.R        1
Carlsbad                       P     07.08.11  1.R     	  1
Stanford                       P     31.07.11  1.R        1
Bad Gastein                    IS    17.07.11  1.R        1
Eastbourne                     P     18.06.11  1.R        1

OG qualification [by guichard]:

Code:
18	Hantuchova		SVK2	2090
19	Vinci		        ITA2	1990
20	Jankovic		SERB2	1977
21	Goerges		        GER4	1815
22	Safarova		CZE2	1796
23	Niculescu		ROU1	1733
24	Errani		        ITA3	1710
-----------------------------------------------
25	Cetkovska		CZE3	1688
Cetkovska and Errani are playing this week.
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM   #39
country flag Vikapower

^^ Thanks, in fact I wasn't having really holidays. I was just waiting for a good time to update things --
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:46 AM   #40
country flag silesia

^^
So... it wasn't good time propably Because You passed Stuttgart with 60 points The state on May 7 will be 1945 points (Stuttgart for Madrid).
She will be propably on the 25th position next monday... Depending on the finish Errani and Cetkovska in tourneys this week. The challenge now is only to gain points... Most important results have been deducted. There is nothing to lose already.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM   #41
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
^^
So... it wasn't good time propably Because You passed Stuttgart with 60 points The state on May 7 will be 1945 points (Stuttgart for Madrid).
She will be propably on the 25th position next monday... Depending on the finish Errani and Cetkovska in tourneys this week. The challenge now is only to gain points... Most important results have been deducted. There is nothing to lose already.
Yes true Though I don't quite understand why she'd be at 1945 points ?

Actually Madrid or any of the 4 other compulsory tournaments (Majors + Mandatory) are not replaceable by the other non obligatory ones.

I hope I said it right
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM   #42
country flag Vikapower

Yes, I hope Julia will be able to rebuild her ranking -- she has points to take in Madrid and Rome actually but the top 20 seed for RG doesn't really look too promising --

Also she has Brussels but have no idea if she'd be keen to play an event before RG.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM   #43
country flag silesia

I was sure that the May 7 Stuttgart replaces Madrid (and then the next week Madrid will come back), but after reading your post somehow lost my confidence

We'll see on Monday on WTA site

I am also surprised with Brussels, I think maybe it's only a protection when Madrid and Rome will go wrong
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM   #44
country flag silesia

Here is a page with the expected ranking: http://tenismaclari.com/Siralama/s1_50.html

Anyway it'll be only temporary ranking for 1 week, after Madrid there will be big changes

ps: Errani
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #45
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
I was sure that the May 7 Stuttgart replaces Madrid (and then the next week Madrid will come back), but after reading your post somehow lost my confidence

We'll see on Monday on WTA site

I am also surprised with Brussels, I think maybe it's only a protection when Madrid and Rome will go wrong
Quote:
Here is a page with the expected ranking: http://tenismaclari.com/Siralama/s1_50.html

Anyway it'll be only temporary ranking for 1 week, after Madrid there will be big changes

ps: Errani
I'm not sure but there rankings do have a problem -- or maybe there's a rule I'm not aware of ?

TBH I don't if she plays Brussels -- it wouldn't be a bad idea since it's only a Premier only it's played like a week/couple days before RG so I don't really know if Julia is really keen to that --

I just hope she does her best in Madrid and Rome -- anyways her ranking can't be any worse right now and from now on she has only points to gain, Rome etc. but even at RG with 4th round or QF who knows.