...HardCourt - Page 461 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #6901
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future
Re: ...HardCourt

Edit: stupid SB said she was broken.. but she's not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #6902
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Good that Sam won the first set, but not a very convincing scoreline so far against a player ranked #164. Come on Sam, you can do better than this!
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #6903

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

4 BPs saved in that game. Don't know whether to be happy about that or not
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #6904
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

^This is kind of how Osaka was for Sam last year as well. Just scraping through against players she should really be comfortably beating...
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #6905
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Well at least her aces match her DFs now.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #6906
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

I wonder what is contributing to Sam serving so many double faults of late. Very uncharacteristic of her.
Ado. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #6907
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

And she breaks her.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #6908

Sam breaks Sema out of the blue, after not winning a point on her first two service games this set. Seems to be the story of the match: Sam winning the decisive points in an otherwise very tight match.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #6909
country flag Ado.

Did She just serve two double faults in a row???
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #6910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
I wonder what is contributing to Sam serving so many double faults of late. Very uncharacteristic of her.
I'm not sure but I think it might be related to the fact that she's also been hitting a lot of aces lately. My hunch is that Sam is trying to score more free points off her serve. For someone with such a huge serve she doesn't usually get all that many free points on it, more often it goes to a rally in which she gets the upper hand. I think she might be taking a bit more risk on her serves than she used to. If she can hit more aces and unreturnable serves on a consistent basis that would get her through her service games more comfortably, and allow her to put more pressure on her opponent's serve.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #6911
country flag Huntress55

Glad she didnt have to serve it out .. less chance for more DFs.

Well its a win so yay
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #6912

Woohoo, 6-4 6-2! After two consecutive DFs Sam finally got pissed off with herself and ran away with it.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #6913
country flag Huntress55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'm not sure but I think it might be related to the fact that she's also been hitting a lot of aces lately. My hunch is that Sam is trying to score more free points off her serve. For someone with such a huge serve she doesn't usually get all that many free points on it, more often it goes to a rally in which she gets the upper hand. I think she might be taking a bit more risk on her serves than she used to. If she can hit more aces and unreturnable serves on a consistent basis that would get her through her service games more comfortably, and allow her to put more pressure on her opponent's serve.
Probably true. But I think she did get a fair amount of free points on her serve.. unreturnables or serves that set up an easy put away. Sure she didnt hit alot of aces bt didnt really matter.

At the moment the risk of getting more free points isnt really paying off with the amount of DFs she is hitting. It cost her in her match against Julia.

Do you think it has anything to do at all with the small injury she has. I mean we dont know how bad it is but it seems like the DFs have really started to come since we heard of the injury. Second guessing herself?
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #6914
country flag Ado.

Not as convincing as it should have been (at least on the scoreboard) but still a win. Lets hope the DFs are just a temporary glitch.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #6915
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
I think she went through a similar period earlier in the year (maybe around Indian Wells and Miami). It might be because she's being more aggressive as stromatolite says, or it could be the leftover effects from her ab strain, or a slight loss of confidence in it.

Got away with the second set pretty comfortably in the end. Next round against a qualifier or Razzano who aren't playing today, so Sam gets tomorrow off.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread