Player forum request thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #31
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Player forum request thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Cyprus and Macedonia to the Greek section (or if the Greek start bitching and moaning about 'there is only one Macedonia'
Greece and FYROM have nothing in common
Cyprus is fine, but we don't want FYROM in our forum, and ask any poster from FYROM (SM, Mr.Hide) and they won't want to be in our forum

Just because we neighbor them doesn't mean we have anything in common . Scandinavian forum, Baltic forum, Latin American forum, etc. is okay because they have stuff in common and are also often grouped together

It's like creating a forum for players from Italy and Slovenia just because they share a border

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #32
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Kerber?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #33
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Angelique Kerber
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #34
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber Please
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #35
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
^ just because of one flukish slam sf?

Polona won BastadSLAM!!!1
Kerber isnt fluke
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM   #36
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

First the first time, I walked into Player Forums and I was shocked to find there is no India section at all!

Why Tennis India ?

Just like Cricket, India is one of the oldest nations on this planet to play Tennis (more 120 years ago). Example:

In Davis Cup ties between 1921 to 1929 India beat among others France, Romania, Holland, Belgium. Spain and Greece:
http://www.aitatennis.com/New%20AITA/about.html

Also, Indian players are well known and won good number of Grand Slams:
=> Leander won 6 Doubles & 6 Mixed Doubles slams
=> Indians in Men's Doubles were World #1
=> Indians in Mixed Doubles have won decent number of Grand Slams too
=> Or, take from Vijay Amritraj to the latest Somdev (who played against Andy Murray in the 2011 US Open?).

It's apparent that India has achieved respectable results from the Asia perspective (at least), but I concede that on Singles front it might take a few more years
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM   #37
country flag Wert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
First the first time, I walked into Player Forums and I was shocked to find there is no India section at all!

Why Tennis India ?

Just like Cricket, India is one of the oldest nations on this planet to play Tennis (more 120 years ago). Example:

In Davis Cup ties between 1921 to 1929 India beat among others France, Romania, Holland, Belgium. Spain and Greece:
http://www.aitatennis.com/New%20AITA/about.html

Also, Indian players are well known and won good number of Grand Slams:
=> Leander won 6 Doubles & 6 Mixed Doubles slams
=> Indians in Men's Doubles were World #1
=> Indians in Mixed Doubles have won decent number of Grand Slams too
=> Or, take from Vijay Amritraj to the latest Somdev (who played against Andy Murray in the 2011 US Open?).

It's apparent that India has achieved respectable results from the Asia perspective (at least), but I concede that on Singles front it might take a few more years
This is womens tennis forum.You cant expect to get Indian Subforum here only because Paes won a slam.
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM   #38
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuyl. View Post
This is womens tennis forum.
Point taken, but I didn't see Womens only content on this forum. Alright. Let me cite Sania Mirza who was the first Indian woman to win a Grand Slam, also I think she was a runner up in couple of Slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuyl. View Post
You cant expect to get Indian Subforum here only because Paes won a slam.
Won a Slam? Read once again. And, how about Mahesh? He too won more than 10 Grand Slams in Doubles & Mixed-Doubles! Fact is, Indian players won more than 20 Grand Slams but they are Males so I can't back my request if Womens only is the absolute criteria
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #39
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Sania has enough fans to warrant a forum, but there are no other Indian women to speak of so why would the whole country need its own forum for essentially one player?
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #40
country flag bulava

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Sania has enough fans to warrant a forum, but there are no other Indian women to speak of so why would the whole country need its own forum for essentially one player?
I don't deny it, read this one:

Indian women's tennis is a one woman show and the country is far from producing another genuine world beater, says multiple Grand Slam champion Mahesh Bhupathi.

I'm not a fan of any present Tennis player. My point was Indians have achieved respectable results in the Tennis world, but honestly I didn't know that this players forum is meant for Women's Only. Having said that, I'm sure Sania has better achievements compared to some players in that forum list. Now, do you agree with me?

Here are a few Indian Women:

Shikha Uberoi
Nirupama Vaidyanathan
Rushmi Chakravarthi
Sania Mirza
Bambri sisters

Google result:

Nirupama Mankad won the Asian Women's tennis championship in 1965 at the age of 17. She played Wimbledon junior event in 1965 and partnered Anand Amritraj in the mixed doubles event in 1971, reaching the second round. She was India's top ranked tennis player between 1965 and 1978

Last edited by bulava : Sep 24th, 2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Google
bulava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #41
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Sania is better than any of the other girls is exactly what I said . Now that you know this is a women's only forum you can stop trying to argue it .
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #42
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Angelique Kerber
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #43
country flag bulava

^^
It's apparent that you couldn't differentiate the fine line between a deliberation and an argument!

Honestly, I find it incredibly unbelievable to see there was hardly any effort at least to acknowledge the talent and achievements of Indian women in form of a virtual forum section! Such a response is even worse than the ignorant/arrogant Indian Sports Authorities because at least they do little in real by honoring those players.

Hope my concern is understood, and now I won't lose my sleep over it
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #44
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Angelique Kerber
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #45
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of

I am a big fan of her, but I don`t think Kerber needs a player forum right now.She has not so much fans, maybe it could end like the ALG-forum
Chaosm21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote