Jelena's Coaches - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM   #1
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Jelena's Coaches

Hmmm, we should have started a thread like this a long time ago, to keep track of who Jelena is working with, if anyone.

The latest coach we've heard about is Aussie Louise Pleming. Jelena spoke very positively about Louise and Louise flew into London to be on hand for Jelena for Wimbledon.

Alas, Jelena's Wimbledon run was over the same day it started, but Louise's was not: she's been doing tv commentary the entire fortnight.

What I am wondering is if she and Jelena continued working together in London after Jelena's loss -- after all, LP could not be on the air ALL the time. It would be nice to know if they're sticking together, if Louise will be traveling with Jelena regularly, and if they've come up with a regular training regimen and a reasonable tournament schedule that can work for both.

As always with Jelena -- except for that fun period when she kept a blog! -- we don't have any clue as to what's going on with her between events. Let's just hope when she does reappear in a tournament that she's with some coach or other. We can keep track of them here.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2
country flag Mastodon

Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold Mastodon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jelena's Coaches

This is what Jelena said of her situation with Louise Pleming during the French Open.

Tennis Australia (TA) coach Louise Pleming has worked with Dokic at home, in the US and in France and the world No.59 is keen to continue the relationship. "I really like her and like working with her so hopefully in the future, long-term, maybe that can turn into a more permanent arrangement," Dokic said.

"If it doesn't turn into a full-time thing, I will go from there. I was on my own for most of the year and I felt comfortable doing that and I had OK results, pretty good results, so in the worst case, that's what I will stick to."

Dokic hopes to raise the issue with TA heavy hitters Craig Tiley and Todd Woodbridge in the coming days.

I think its still a a part time thing at the moment but I expect Louise Pleming to be with Jelena at the US Open and some of the lead up events. She was until recently based at the Kratochvil academy in Switzerland so I would imagine she spends much of her time in between events there.
Mastodon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #3
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Lesley Bowrey (?–1999, 2005–2006)
Wally Masur (1999)
Damir Dokić (2000–2002, 2004–2005)
Heinz Gunthardt (2003)
Borna Bikić (2003–2005, 2006–2010)
Dado Majoli (2006)
Martin Ruftner (2006)
Glen Schaap (2010)
Louise Pleming (2011)
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #4
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't she also coached briefly by Chris Johnson (2008), Tony Roche (2010), Patrick Mouratoglou (2010), Michael Kratochvil (2010/2011) and Niki Pilic (2006).

I never knew she was coached by Wally Masur.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #5
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, guys; that's impressive. I do remember hearing something about Roche, but was that last year? I guess when she dropped Borna she took a while to find a good fit.

Wish we'd hear something about Pleming and if they're working together right now.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #6
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

She is changing them like socks. I bet it's really hard to work with her.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM   #7
auntie janie

Even she admits she's tough to work with. Remember her speech at the AO?
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 12:25 AM   #8
auntie janie

US Open 2011: Still with Louise Pleming.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 02:29 AM   #9
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

i love Lou!
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #10
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Jelena's Coaches

Louise Pleming is now officially Jelena's full time coach.

http://www.wtatennis.com/player/jele...c_2257889_2073
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #11
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Thank you God!

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #12
country flag Graf~Dokic

Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hide View Post
Louise Pleming is now officially Jelena's full time coach.

http://www.wtatennis.com/player/jele...c_2257889_2073
Great news. I was hoping for exactly that to happen the last couple of weeks already.

Mona Barthel - Karolina Šprem
Daniela Hantuchová - Yaroslava Shvedova
Petra Cetkovská - Mirjana Lučić - Ivana Lisjak
Graf~Dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #13
auntie janie

September 2011: Louise Pleming OUT. Damir Dokic IN. Jelena has come full circle.
Damir Dokic: physical training boss
Louise Pleming: still tennis coach

(edited w/ new info )

Last edited by auntie janie : Sep 27th, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #14
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

^ Louise Pleming still coach! (In Australia and some tournaments)
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #15
auntie janie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hide View Post
^ Louise Pleming still coach! (In Australia and some tournaments)
Excellent news!

"I will train with dad in Serbia, I will work with him on the condition, but I will train with an Australian coach, who will be traveling with me to tournaments when possible. Damir will not go to tournaments with me, because for him it was too much stress, but we will be in constant contact "
-- J. D.

What a relief! So happy that she hasn't burned her bridges.