Did Kvitty have allergic shiners? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 06:57 AM   #1
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of
Did Kvitty have allergic shiners?

See the whole interview here...

You can just go directly to 1:50 and pause there.

It looks to me she has some kind of chronic allergy problem. I have that kind of marks and I have chronic allergy problems causing breathing problem during sleep. It's NOT nice at all and decrease my fitness level. I can't stay sharp and focus all day with this problem (easily got fatigue).

Sabine also has similar marks and she has asthma. I might be wrong, but it looks so familiar. Those dark, sometimes purplish with prominent folds surrounding your eyes.

--

Last edited by metamorpha : Nov 2nd, 2011 at 07:04 AM.
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:13 AM   #2
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of
Re: Did Kvitty have allergic shiners?

It's also obvious here
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM   #3
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Metamorpha

Yes.

Petra has Asthma.

She says it's most prevalent and annoying during the North American summer series.

She attributes that to her recent struggles (though I'm not sure if I'm buying that, cause she made the 4th round two years ago; and I'm sure she had a post Wimby hangover this year-coupled with no match play for 2-3 months) in North America

It was diagnosed in 2009, at the US Open in NY.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:28 AM   #4
country flag metamorpha

That's too bad. I wish she doesn't have big problem with that... unlike me. But she will definitely perform much better without such illness, on and off the court.

And also, those shiners make you look older and somewhat weak.
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM   #5
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she can find local doctors in certain cities (either through the WTA, ATP, what ever), that she plays in, that may be able to help her adapt to local conditions.

We'll see?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:20 AM   #6
country flag ExtremespeedX

ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold

Poor Petra Fortunately she has the money to hire the best in the world to help her cope with asthma and allergies. Henin was asthmatic too as far as I know and she still did great.
ExtremespeedX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 01:46 AM   #7
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremespeedX View Post
Poor Petra Fortunately she has the money to hire the best in the world to help her cope with asthma and allergies. Henin was asthmatic too as far as I know and she still did great.
Thank you metamorpha for sharing that knowledge with us.
Anyway why my favourites players has to be asthmatic.
My old favourite Justine is an asthmatic and now both Sabine and Petra are also asthmatics too. It seems is common thing amongst sportspersons to be asthmatics.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:32 AM   #8
country flag metamorpha

If you can control it or avoid the trigger, that will be OK. But I think it's temporary. Sometimes it's not just occasional asthma attack due to allergic reaction, you might have other breathing problems which affects you daily.

Since those athletes can't possibly use steroid-based drugs to breathe well day in day out, I guess vigorous physical exercise and some breathing technique/devices can help. Novak's sleeping pod?

As for Djokovic and Lisicki, they aim for gluten-free diet which had improved Djokovic's performance. If it eliminates the allergy, then it's significant improvement.

--

Last edited by metamorpha : Nov 3rd, 2011 at 03:43 AM.