Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM   #1471
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

My apologies if this was already posted.

http://worldoftennisblog.dailymail.c...tova-blog.html
Fed Cup final - Petra Kvitova blog
by PETRA KVITOVA

Ahojte z Prahy! Hello from Prague! I’m here for the final event of my season, the Fed Cup Final against Serbia. I wish I could say that I have had the ideal preparation for the tie but unfortunately that’s not true. As you may know, I had to pull out of the WTA Championships in Istanbul last week with a viral infection and it has been a race against time for me to recover.

It’s always nice to start Fed Cup week though, so I’m really excited to be here. There’s a lot of energy in the team and it’s a totally different environment to the regular WTA tournaments. Here, ten of us eat dinner together every night, joking and laughing. We practice together, we have fun in the locker room, we have a DJ in there with great music, it’s a really positive feeling.

It’s also huge to play with Czech Republic on your back. It’s more pressure to play at home in front of the people who really want you to win, but I enjoy this pressure. I like seeing the bench and their support between points, you can’t feel that anywhere else. Tennis is an individual sport and sometimes I miss the team competition – which is what makes Fed Cup special.

The most important thing for me ahead of the weekend is rest rest rest, but that can be difficult before a final. On Monday, I played against Maria Sharapova in an exhibition at the O2 Arena – where we are also playing the Final. Luckily my friend and team-mate Lucie Safarova helped me out and we played one set each against Maria (three of us below).

It was my first proper exhibition but Maria has played them a lot and is great in those situations so we had some fun. I didn’t play my best, but it was good to stand on the court and to feel the atmosphere so I know what I can expect for the weekend.

The arena was almost sold out and lots of people I know came to watch, including of course my parents and Czech ice hockey legend Jaromir Jagr.

My father bought a lot of tickets for the final. I used to travel with my mum and dad until I was 16 around the Czech Republic. It was a bit much at that age and a very intense relationship so I was really glad to move to Prostejov and have my own coach. Now when my parents come they have a different view, they know I am an adult and they can enjoy watching. My father is of course still stressed when I play but he is also very emotional if I win.

We have the draw ceremony tomorrow and the action starts on Saturday. I hope I am ready. I feel better every day and I’m a positive person so I will give 100 per cent because this is the last event of the season and I want to go out on a high.
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM   #1472
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I´m worried about Excelscior´s theory „thinking outside the box. “ His name is Zdeněk (English version is Sidney) Duplák. He is very close to Černošek and some politicians.

Why?

Who is he/What is he, and what's your opinion on him (or why you say that)?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 11:13 PM   #1473
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Why?

Who is he/What is he, and what's your opinion on him (or why you say that)?
It's all about mafia conspiracy and how deep they can reach, Petra needs saving from them
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 11:40 PM   #1474
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
It's all about mafia conspiracy and how deep they can reach, Petra needs saving from them
Oh

I was joking when I said it (cause of the old boys club).

But if true (or if there's good reason for speculation), I'm not surprised.

It appears that way: Like one potentially unhealthy (for Petra) inter-connected cabal.

Who does Jiri or Csersonek owe favors to?
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:00 AM   #1475
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
My apologies if this was already posted.

http://worldoftennisblog.dailymail.c...tova-blog.html
Fed Cup final - Petra Kvitova blog
by PETRA KVITOVA

Ahojte z Prahy! Hello from Prague! I’m here for the final event of my season, the Fed Cup Final against Serbia. I wish I could say that I have had the ideal preparation for the tie but unfortunately that’s not true. As you may know, I had to pull out of the WTA Championships in Istanbul last week with a viral infection and it has been a race against time for me to recover.

It’s always nice to start Fed Cup week though, so I’m really excited to be here. There’s a lot of energy in the team and it’s a totally different environment to the regular WTA tournaments. Here, ten of us eat dinner together every night, joking and laughing. We practice together, we have fun in the locker room, we have a DJ in there with great music, it’s a really positive feeling.

It’s also huge to play with Czech Republic on your back. It’s more pressure to play at home in front of the people who really want you to win, but I enjoy this pressure. I like seeing the bench and their support between points, you can’t feel that anywhere else. Tennis is an individual sport and sometimes I miss the team competition – which is what makes Fed Cup special.

The most important thing for me ahead of the weekend is rest rest rest, but that can be difficult before a final. On Monday, I played against Maria Sharapova in an exhibition at the O2 Arena – where we are also playing the Final. Luckily my friend and team-mate Lucie Safarova helped me out and we played one set each against Maria (three of us below).

It was my first proper exhibition but Maria has played them a lot and is great in those situations so we had some fun. I didn’t play my best, but it was good to stand on the court and to feel the atmosphere so I know what I can expect for the weekend.

The arena was almost sold out and lots of people I know came to watch, including of course my parents and Czech ice hockey legend Jaromir Jagr.

My father bought a lot of tickets for the final. I used to travel with my mum and dad until I was 16 around the Czech Republic. It was a bit much at that age and a very intense relationship so I was really glad to move to Prostejov and have my own coach. Now when my parents come they have a different view, they know I am an adult and they can enjoy watching. My father is of course still stressed when I play but he is also very emotional if I win.

We have the draw ceremony tomorrow and the action starts on Saturday. I hope I am ready. I feel better every day and I’m a positive person so I will give 100 per cent because this is the last event of the season and I want to go out on a high.
I know there can be translation issues or something. But this sounded like it was written by a 16 yr old.

And did Petra really need to tell us she misses (maybe even likes better) team competition? It shows?

I would have also appreciated more honest, insightful, tangible comments than the standard PR/media fodder that Petra presented.

Nonetheless, good luck to Petra and the entire Czech team and Nation.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:49 AM   #1476
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I´m worried about Excelscior´s theory „thinking outside the box. “ His name is Zdeněk (English version is Sidney) Duplák. He is very close to Černošek and some politicians.

Being close to sleazy politicians doesn't say much for one's character unless such an individual has altruistic motives and strokes the pols' egos to accomplish the greater good.....You say that you're worried,so how do you see this turning out harmfully for Petra??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1477
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I know there can be translation issues or something. But this sounded like it was written by a 16 yr old.

And did Petra really need to tell us she misses (maybe even likes better) team competition? It shows?

I would have also appreciated more honest, insightful, tangible comments than the standard PR/media fodder that Petra presented.

Nonetheless, good luck to Petra and the entire Czech team and Nation.
Because all the other pros are so eloquent?

I agree about more honest, insightful comments, but I don't think that's what a person instantly thinks of when it's, "Hey, would you like to write a quick blog about Fed Cup?", you know?
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:24 AM   #1478
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was it posted in Czech and then translated or did Petra do it in English for her international fanbase?If it was the second scenario,then I'll be more understanding because Petra's English vocab isn't that broad yet

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM   #1479
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Being close to sleazy politicians doesn't say much for one's character unless such an individual has altruistic motives and strokes the pols' egos to accomplish the greater good.....You say that you're worried,so how do you see this turning out harmfully for Petra??
Unfortunately Bruce, I think that's one of the things that can hold Petra back from true stardom/greatness.

If she is so indebted to the Czech Republic and it's associated henchmen and events, it may conflict with what's better for Petra sometimes (like that silly Exo and the Fedcup--as an example).

I don't have a problem with Petra having total Czech support. However, if they're better alternatives (especially when she needs it), outside of the Czech Republic or non Czech's, I say why not.

To Paulmara's thoughts, if we notice that every one associated with Petra is Czech (and especially if they're old), you gotta wonder.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1480
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Was it posted in Czech and then translated or did Petra do it in English for her international fanbase?If it was the second scenario,then I'll be more understanding because Petra's English vocab isn't that broad yet
I have no idea Bruce.

I only read what POV posted.

I didn't follow the link.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM   #1481
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Unfortunately Bruce, I think that's one of the things that can hold Petra back from true stardom/greatness.

If she is so indebted to the Czech Republic and it's associated henchmen and events, it may conflict with what's better for Petra sometimes (like that silly Exo and the Fedcup--as an example).

I don't have a problem with Petra having total Czech support. However, if they're better alternatives (especially when she needs it), outside of the Czech Republic or non Czech's, I say why not.

To Paulmara's thoughts, if we notice that every one associated with Petra is Czech (and especially if they're old), you gotta wonder.
True. I'm sure part of it is that hiring a team entirely from the CR enables her to stay in her comfort zone, so to speak. Which is fine, but you do have to wonder lol.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1482
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
True. I'm sure part of it is that hiring a team entirely from the CR enables her to stay in her comfort zone, so to speak. Which is fine, but you do have to wonder lol.
I'm starting to think it's not just her comfort zone Net.

I think her Manager--Milos Csersonek (or Kotyza or her agent Sydney--who are all inter-connected I'm sure), recommend or suggest these people to Petra, for their own benefit, pride/bragging rights, favors/debts, nationalism or connections.

Yeah, having Czech's may make Petra feel comfortable. But I don't think it's the primary reason or only reason they're provided to her (even if that's what they may tell Petra).

She should diversify. Just look at Kvitova and her English speaking PR Agent, Katie.

Petra claims, just having her there in North America (especially alone), helped her feel comfortable/able to win there. It took her team (Unless it was a WTA suggestion) over a year after Wimbledon 2011 to figure that one out? That was a good decision/person, even if it was a belated non Czech one. There should be more to come, we hope.

Once again, I'm not sure if Petra will truly reach her fulls potential (unless things and her fortunes change dramatically), if she doesn't loosen some of her ties in The Czech Republic and search the world for the best people that can assist or help her (like Katie The PR Lady or the US based Martina Nav).

I'm sure (or hope) that they're people IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC--even (outside the Csersonek sphere of influence/cabal) that may provide good suggestions, assistance and/or additional team members for Petra.

This is kinda reminding me of Caro and her father (along with the requisite events and responsibilities) and Li Na, before she sought some independence from China's strong grip of her career. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM   #1483
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why?
I don´t want to be the bad guy who deny „Navratilova theory".
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM   #1484
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I don´t want to be the bad guy who deny „Navratilova theory".
What did Navratilova say?

I don't know.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #1485
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

If those old Czech guys are,indeed,trying to selfishly move Petra around like a chess piece,then I'm all in favor of a clean break.However,you speak errantly when you compare FC to a meaningless exo.I understand that FC is quite minor for American sports fans and,down here,it's even smaller b/c,frankly,we suck at tennis and never make it out of zonal qualifying.

In contrast,FC and DC are VERY big in Europe and S.America...sort of like an Olympics "A-minus" in tennis,if you catch my drift.Even the top players who win Slams frequently make it a part of their calendar,and that includes the U.S. players,too.If Petra is genuinely INJURED,then she shouldn't risk aggravating such an injury by playing FC.On the other hand,if she's merely SICK,then that's gonna go away eventually,anyway,so all she's doing is delaying her recovery time and,possibly,putting forth a less-than-great performance due to the sickness.Since the tennis year is over,basically,Petra will have plenty of time to recuperate after the final,and it's not realistic to expect Petra to piss away this final since it probably means a lot to HER,too---NOT just the Czech fans