Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:04 PM   #1456
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Maria Honest.

Since when (certainly not last year at Wimbledon and the French Open)?
Exactly - hence the name Cheaterpova
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM   #1457
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

From tennis.com

Kvitova struggles with health ahead of Fed Cup final
Matt CroninWednesday, October 31, 2012
PRINT THIS PAGE

Petra Kvitova still appears to be questionable to compete in this weekend’s Fed Cup final, which pits the Czech Republic against Serbia. While Kvitova says she is planning on playing, she has not practiced since pulling out of the WTA Championships with a virus a week ago.

“I do feel better,” said the eighth-ranked Kvitova, who has had four viruses this year and was on bed rest through Sunday.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion did manage to play one set of an exhibition against Maria Sharapova on Monday night, but lost it 6-1 and was said to have trouble breathing. Czech captain Pert Pala told reporters that he expects Kvitova to play the tie, which begins on Saturday. “We never thought she wouldn’t be playing,” he said.

Pala has brought world No. 28 Klara Zakopalova to the tie as a practice partner and possible replacement. World No. 17 Lucie Safarova is set to play second singles. Kvitova, who has only lost one indoor hard-court match in the past two years, has won 10 straight Fed Cup matches.

The Serbian team is led by No. 12 Ana Ivanovic and No. 22 Jelena Jankovic, both of whom are former No. 1s. Jankovic says the court at Prague’s O2 Arena is to her liking.

“It’s not that fast, the balls gets fluffy and play gets slower after one game or so,” she said. “I think that suits us.”
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:56 PM   #1458
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Petra needs to stay home (unless she can recover quickly), other wise she may get blown out. Remember, Indian Wells and Chrsitina McHale (great first set, then she lost it all the next one)? And that's if Petra has enough energy for a good first set--even.

Jelena could run a recovering Petra ragged. Anci--cause she's a hit and miss player, could be a little diffent. Petra may survive that match (or at least the first set).

But this all sound so silly to me, unless Petra is 100% healthy. We have seen how she can just disappear (McHale, Bartoli, Beijing, YEC), when she's sick, recovering or very tired.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1459
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

she could choose to not play if she's INDEED sick (like in the Olympics, she pulled out of the mixed doubles, which was HIGHLY anticipated), so if PLAYS in the final, please don't tell me afterwards that, in fact, she's sick

it's understandable that they could not see the % of her game (or ^ % of recovering game-wise), in fact, unless you're playing video games, how on earth could you tell?!

but man, is it really THAT hard to tell if she's SICK?

tbh i really don't care who Czech plays, i want her to be out of this crap which's been haunting her the WHOLE YEAR
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:23 PM   #1460
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Quote:
Petra needs to stay home (unless she can recover quickly), other wise she may get blown out. Remember, Indian Wells and Chrsitina McHale (great first set, then she lost it all the next one)? And that's if Petra has enough energy for a good first set--even.

Jelena could run a recovering Petra ragged. Anci--cause she's a hit and miss player, could be a little diffent. Petra may survive that match (or at least the first set).

But this all sound so silly to me, unless Petra is 100% healthy. We have seen how she can just disappear (McHale, Bartoli, Beijing, YEC), when she's sick, recovering or very tired.
If i'm not mistaken, Petra supposed to play Ana, if they play it would be hilarious cause Ana can't put more than one aggressive set and Petra out of energy would be horrible from the start, Kookie likes to choke too, either way it will be horrible shitfest with some flashes of brilliance but Czech team has good doubles pair and Lucie looks 135% ready.

Anyway, Petra will undergo stress test and everything will be decided after it
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:19 PM   #1461
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

I am cautiously optimistic. Petra knows that this is her last chance to win an important (for her) trophy this year. She will give it her all, even if she were to stay in bed for two months following the final.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:22 PM   #1462
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Lucie looks 135% ready.
If she plays like during the exho (it may be misleading though), she should win at least one match. The home crowd will help her.
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 02:10 AM   #1463
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Piers Newbery ‏@piersnewbery
Just spoke to @Petra_Kvitova who hit balls for 15mins this afternoon, "optimistic" of playing in @FedCup final. Still upset over WTA Champs.

petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 05:13 AM   #1464
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
but man, is it really THAT hard to tell if she's SICK?

tbh i really don't care who Czech plays, i want her to be out of this crap which's been haunting her the WHOLE YEAR
Yes,let's hope that Petronius' post above originated from a journalist and NOT from Petra's camp: "APPEARS to be questionable"? What a bunch of semantic horseshit!!Something is either questionable or it isn't;if there's no doubt,then the issue is NOT questionable and,if there's even a SMIDGE of uncertainty,then one could use the word 'questionable'...though many folks would employ other words if the unknown factor were rather small and insignificant.Perhaps the quote is just another bad translation,but it almost seems as if Petra's camp is copying b.s. tactics from other players(I won't name names) by dancing around the sickness matter: If she wins,she's a heroic warrior princess for overcoming a life-threatening illness and,if she loses,it's not her fault cuz she was sick.It's definitely not the most dishonorable strategy one could try,yet it gets a little tiresome when you catch a half dozen players recycling the same statements almost verbatim

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1465
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

I have my crazy theory about „Sidney“

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1466
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I am cautiously optimistic. Petra knows that this is her last chance to win an important (for her) trophy this year. She will give it her all, even if she were to stay in bed for two months following the final.
I'm sure Petra's Czech fans would love Petra--if she won The Fed Cup again.

However, I think Czech fans would LOVE PETRA EVEN MORE (as well as the rest of the world), if she won the Australian Open instead.

I'm sure she's under a lot of pressure (some of it self imposed--no doubt). But I wouldn't risk my immediate health and future preparation to play the Fed Cup, if I was Petra and her team. Sorry.

This is all sounds crazy, and like a bad soap opera and TV sitcom.

I just can't wait for 2012 to end for her (while some of you guys--want to continue it, in all it's mediocrity, uncertainty, craziness and disappointment) . SMH
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1467
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I have my crazy theory about „Sidney“

First saw your post in my email inbox and wondered if 'Sidney' might have been Prosto's MORE disobedient brother or cousin.However,Petra hasn't mentioned any Lemur family problems in her recent pressers so I suppose that there was nothing to worry about,huh?

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:41 PM   #1468
country flag Petronius

Quote:
However, I think Czech fans would LOVE PETRA EVEN MORE (as well as the rest of the world), if she won the Australian Open instead.
I would love if she won both the Fed Cup and Aussie Open

Anyway, for players from little countries - the Czech Republic is of a similar size as e.g. North Carolina - these national team competitions are very important and are a source of national pride.

For example, I've read somewhere than when Bjarne Riis from the little Denmark won the Tour de France in 1996, all the Danes went crazy and bought a bike

Last, the unique FedCup/DavisCup double is still at stake
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1469
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
First saw your post in my email inbox and wondered if 'Sidney' might have been Prosto's MORE disobedient brother or cousin ... so I suppose that there was nothing to worry about,huh?
I´m worried about Excelscior´s theory „thinking outside the box. “ His name is Zdeněk (English version is Sidney) Duplák. He is very close to Černošek and some politicians.

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1470
country flag paulmara

Before I forget

Michal Šafář (Petra´s mental coach)