Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #1351
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Wait a minute.

Petra and Lisicki had the same sports psychologist (or that's a joke).

I thought Petra had everything/body Czech or Slovak?
Our lovely young 'Net' didn't read my intent,probably because most Latinos usually don't enjoy the same wise-ass humor as mine;as you deduced,Petra never had the same sports counsellor as the dizzy,airbrained German....if Petra ever lost her mind enough to do that,we could just have a career funeral party for her right here in the forum

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #1352
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Whoever Lisicki's counselor is should really just stop now
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #1353
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Whoever Lisicki's counselor is should really just stop now
She appointed one of her stuffed animals to that key position.Hey,at least she found someone more mentally grounded than SHE was

As for Petra,she has a living,breathing companion in Prosto whom she can turn to whenever Adam isn't around.Unfortunately,he can't communicate too easily since,unlike a parrot,he hasn't been trained to speak.However,he sometimes gives Petra a psychological edge over future opponents when he lifts his leg and urinates on them at the player parties

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #1354
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Radwanska's coach Tomasz Wiktorowski comments about Petra and her form:
Quote:
"The perfect tennis player of the future will be the girl hitting the ball as hard as Serena, having variety of shots like Agnieszka and running as fast as Sara. There was a moment that Kvitova was getting closer to that - she had power and finesse and she was even moving well. However then she was slimmer than today. She got injured and everything changed. Today she's not the same person that won Wimbledon and YEC in 2011.
source

It's nice to hear that other coaches recognize Petra's potential and I have to agree with him, this year Petra lost her touch. Offseason is near and hope she restores her good form.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM   #1355
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it's nice to hear that indeed Shify; cause those who follow or noticed Petra's form very closely, have been shouting this all year.
I'll give you a bit of a bye but unless I'm in an alternate reality, when I started griping about her play/form/fitness early this year, most people on here were ready to take my head.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #1356
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Radwanska's coach Tomasz Wiktorowski comments about Petra and her form:

source

It's nice to hear that other coaches recognize Petra's potential and I have to agree with him, this year Petra lost her touch. Offseason is near and hope she restores her good form.
Yes, it's nice to hear that indeed Shify; cause those of us who follow or noticed Petra's form very closely, have been shouting this all year.

Yes, Serena, Vika and Sharapova are all arguably playing better in 2012 (particularly Serena). But it's Petra's lack of form, compared to 2011 YEC, that has held her back more than anything (and yes, her brain farts, errors and shrinkage at the big moments, contributed as well).

I'm glad Radwanksa's coach confirmed this and our beliefs.

Of course, we don't know what he said about the others (didn't view the link yet). But I guess it's hard to say something similar about other players, when he was comparing Petra to the "Perfect Tennis Player".

You're right! It does reinforce the confidence, and belief we all have/had in Petra, including her movement--which was well more than adequate last year. I declared Petra the best Tennis WTA prospect, since Serena or even Graf, after seeing her in 2010. Her play in 2011--during some matches at Brisbane, at Paris Indoor, Madrid, Linz, Wimbledon and especially the YEC, only reinforced this.

Now, if this guy knows and says this. What Da Hell is Kotyza saying (and is it sinking in). And what would someone like Martina saying it (unless Petra doesn't want to live up to those expectations with her), mean to Petra?

Excellent quote to hear, after a "Disappointing Year".
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:38 PM   #1357
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I'll give you a bit of a bye but unless I'm in an alternate reality, when I started griping about her play/form/fitness early this year, most people on here were ready to take my head.
Fair enough, but he also mentioned the injuries, sickness--time off (which some of us had mentioned as well), which Petra and her team claimed altered her tennis and physical training.

To be honest, what I was really arguing THIS YEAR was, "her fitness and movement last year was fine". And I was only judging her (and hoping she would RECLAIM it), her form to LAST YEAR. That was my barometer.

There are some haters on GM (I'm not saying you), that never realized, that Petra was moving very well (at the least, very adequately last year), mind you the finesse component of her game.

I know you, for one, were attracted to Petra's power, finesse, creative combination.

Last edited by Excelscior : Oct 22nd, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1358
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I also think, the reason why you caught some flak, was cause you had seemingly criticized her, before you praised her (at leasts it appeared that way). And of course, you're going to always get flack--in a players sub forum, when you do that.

I for one, always stood up for your right to speak--I may add, even if/when I disagreed.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:18 PM   #1359
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also think, the reason why you caught some flak, was cause you had seemingly criticized her, before you praised her.
Not so. In fact I was one of the original people pushing for a Kvitova sub-forum.
"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM   #1360
country flag pov

Quote:
Now, if this guy knows and says this. What Da Hell is Kotyza saying (and is it sinking in). And what would someone like Martina saying it (unless Petra doesn't want to live up to those expectations with her), mean to Petra?
One possible difference is that Williams and Graf have/had an intense hunger and drive to dominate. For them it was almost as if felt deeply that they had something to prove - kinda like flipping the world the finger. That's why Williams honestly didn't really enjoy tennis until last year. Without that hunger, it's tougher.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1361
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Kvitova Aims to End Season on the Rise Again
By BEN ROTHENBERG
http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...he-rise-again/
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1362
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1363
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

@BenRothenberg: The most down I've seen Petra Kvitova after a loss. Tears in her eyes in press, but an occasional smile snuck through. #WTAChamps
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM   #1364
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
@BenRothenberg: The most down I've seen Petra Kvitova after a loss. Tears in her eyes in press, but an occasional smile snuck through. #WTAChamps
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #1365
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Call me a heal ILK, but it doesn't bother me.

It's not like she played some Mexican STandoff of a match, then lost a heartbreaker.

Petra was just crying, cause she sucked, while knowing Aga was eminently beatable.

You notice, you didn't hear, the normally naively honest Kvitova team big up Aga more than they complained and were more upset with Kvitova's play? They knew she was beatable, and Petra's wretched performance (Geesh, can't wait till QPF makes his appearance )!

Hopefully (whether she gets it together here or not), she'll learn from this, and it will maker her more stronger and more hungry. But how long?

Unfortunately, it seems Petra's not putting the work on (and maybe off) the court, then she's crying after she loses, when she realizes what opportunities slipped out of her hand.

Get stronger Petra. That will make you get better.