Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #1336
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Read that article from the previous post earlier today;it speaks volumes that they acknowwledge how Petra underachieved even though,statistically,she hasn't done so horribly

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1337
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Great article, funny how they talked about off season and preparation for 2013 but didn't drop even a word on what they planning on working
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1338
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
ITA

I remember reading some interview where she mentioned her confidence on NA HC being really low, despite having just won Montr้al, so she played all 900000 US Open series weeks...which resulted in her being exhausted by 4R of US Open.

Form/confidence/focus/conditions/etc... it's quite a delicate balance isn't it but she has never struck me as a Serena-type who plays her best tennis under pressure.
Well, that was stupid playing all those tournaments. I was hoping she knew what she was doing more than we did--with her choice. But the Bartoli collapse proved otherwise.

And it sounds like Petra's team, sacrificed/roll the dice with success at The US Open (the ultimate goal), for success at every US Open series event (Petra's individual goal).

Believe it or not, Petra herself even committed playing there again (cause Petra liked the tournament and it's promoter), before seeing how playing all that tennis worked out (which we know it spectacularly didn't).

Actually, historically Petra's been a big game player most of her career (Remember the Kanepi match 3 yrs ago at Wimbledon). She usually wins big matches.

Petra has a 9-2 finals record, even now in her career. And up until this year (probably what you're talking about), Petra's semi-final record wasn't too far off her finals one. But obviously, it has suffered immensely this year, with 3 semifinal losses to Sharapova, 2 to Kerber, 1 to Li Na (and any more I can't remember--though that may be it).

Yes, I've seen Petra win matches when all things weren't clicking. But like you said, she can also be so temperamental (and bothered/distracted) as well.

Hopefully, the end of the year and/or next year will bring Petra's winning semi and finals ways back.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1339
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

The article didn't say/tell me much. Though I read Kotyza considers Serve, Volley, Return and "transitional" shots an Indoor Type Game (I know he may have been speaking about, HOW to approach each--more so in that environment).

I see Petra's training at Prostojev (my guess/no doubt, to have access to her Junior male hitters). I wonder how long she's going to train in Istanbul, to re-acclimate herself to the arena and surface (Petra can always pay those Prostojev juniors parents or any other male hitters in Istanbul)?
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #1340
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
whistle-stop tour of Europe's indoor halls and arenas each October.
Whistle-stop? Ouch. Not much different than saying Mickey Mouse.
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1341
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Kvitova Gears Up For Final Flourish
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...947169,00.html

This year has seen Petra Kvitova pick up two titles, make the last four at two majors and come within a whisker of capturing the World No.1 ranking. However, if the season was to end today, by her very high standards, Kvitova would probably look back upon it with a tinge of regret.

Luckily, it doesn't, and with the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul 2012 and the Fed Cup final still to come, Kvitova has every chance of turning a good season into a great one.

Twelve months ago, Kvitova confirmed her status as one of tennis' most exciting prospects by embarking on a 12-match win streak that helped her end the Czech Republic's 23-year wait for a Fed Cup triumph and take home titles in Linz and Istanbul.

It is fair to say, then, that the 22-year-old is a fan of the WTA's whistle-stop tour of Europe's indoor halls and arenas each October.

"I enjoy this time of season, indoors, the Championships and then of course the Fed Cup final," Kvitova said. "It's really important for me to finish 2012 on a high.

"This year I qualified for the Championships without winning a Grand Slam, and it's great to be there again for confidence going into 2013. I still have a lot to improve."

After a momentum-building run during the North American hardcourt season, Kvitova hit a bit of a bump in the road in Asia last month, with early exits in both Tokyo and Beijing. A mystery stomach bug contributed to the second of these defeats and saw her make an earlier-than-expected return home.

Now, with a clean bill of health, Kvitova plans to spend the next week or so alongside coach David Kotyza on the indoor courts of her home club in Prostejov, adding the final touches to her preparations for Istanbul and the Fed Cup final against Serbia.

Kotyza is looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead, not just in Istanbul but for 2013 and beyond, and believes the best is yet to come from his talented young charge.

"I am very proud of Petra," Kotyza said. "She is always trying to be better, every day, sometimes with success and sometimes not.

"But it doesn't matter, after her unbelievable 2011, there are a lot of people around her who take the success as a norm, but it is not possible. She is well grounded, but she is still very young and needs time to progress further.

"Before Istanbul, we will concentrate mostly on her indoor fundamentals: serve, return, aggressive play from the baseline with transition shots. We are looking forward to it and believe we can achieve a positive end to the season."

The final word, though, goes to Kvitova herself, who after a turbulent year is just looking forward to being back in Istanbul.

"I think after last season, which was unbelievable for me, it is great satisfaction to be at the Championships again," she said. "It means a lot to me. It means that I had a solid season despite the injuries, with some great results, and was able to back up last year.

"Mostly, I look forward to the matches. Every match will be a big fight against great players. I'm also looking forward to playing in front of the great Turkish crowd, so many people came to watch us last year and I hope it will be the same. I remember from last year what a great event it was."
Well thats great that Kvitova is feeling good despite the seesaw year she had this year. Im happy that shes back in the championships again. Of course shes not gonna have a season like she did in 2011, its obvious really. And im sure that Vika won't have a season like she did this year, next year. So who knows?
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #1342
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena&Petra View Post
Well thats great that Kvitova is feeling good despite the seesaw year she had this year. Im happy that shes back in the championships again. Of course shes not gonna have a season like she did in 2011, its obvious really. And im sure that Vika won't have a season like she did this year, next year. So who knows?
Hopefully, Petra's 2013, will be better than both her 2011 and 2012.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #1343
country flag Excelscior

Just watched some highlights of Petra's YEC 2011 and Linz (for the first time in a very long time).

I watched Radwanska, Azarenka and Jankovic.

Where has that Petra been all year? I sure haven't seen her.

Sometimes you forget, how sublime Petra's game can look, when you actually see it and not just remember it. Wow!

Well, good luck in Istanbul. And I hope Petra can find the magic formula again there?
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #1344
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
The article didn't say/tell me much.

I see Petra's training at Prostojev (my guess/no doubt, to have access to her Junior male hitters). I wonder how long she's going to train in Istanbul, to re-acclimate herself to the arena and surface (Petra can always pay those Prostojev juniors parents or any other male hitters in Istanbul)?
It's from the official WTA webpage,so you can assume that you won't get any of Petra's top secrets there.That page details the most uninteresting,irrelevant accomplishments such as: First Luxembourg player to reach the second round of a European indoor in the month of September since 1975

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1345
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It's from the official WTA webpage,so you can assume that you won't get any of Petra's top secrets there.That page details the most uninteresting,irrelevant accomplishments such as: First Luxembourg player to reach the second round of a European indoor in the month of September since 1975
Oh.

I didn't bother to look. I just read it from here.

At least they giving Petra some retro-analysis/pub in lieu of the YEC.

Mmmhh. All these tournaments going on now, and Petra can't play in any of them. If she would have got that ranking up there (to 4 or 5), maybe she would be playing in one of them.

Still amazing/crazy to see her clips from 2011 YEC and Linz (and judging by their comments--the recent You Tube posters felt the same as well), compared to her play this year.

Oh well.
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #1346
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Oh.

I didn't bother to look. I just read it from here.

At least they giving Petra some retro-analysis/pub in lieu of the YEC.
Yes,Petra is worth their while to promote cuz,even in a slightly 'down' year,she still finished fairly well.I think they're fairly confident that she'll be an important part of their future.

....And then there are a couple cover girls whom the WTA over-promoted and weren't fit to wear the crown,so to speak.Imagine if whatever-the-f--k-her-name-is,the one that's married to the UK's young prince,was caught having trysts with everyday Joes in dance clubs...and there were legit,nude pics of her to prove it in the papers.The royal family would be bending over backwards with spin control to minimize the embarrassment.....That's sort of what the WTA does with their attractive underachieving jokes whose on-court games couldn't come close to matching their physical appearance on any consistent basis

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #1347
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yes,Petra is worth their while to promote cuz,even in a slightly 'down' year,she still finished fairly well.I think they're fairly confident that she'll be an important part of their future.

....And then there are a couple cover girls whom the WTA over-promoted and weren't fit to wear the crown,so to speak.Imagine if whatever-the-f--k-her-name-is,the one that's married to the UK's young prince,was caught having trysts with everyday Joes in dance clubs...and there were legit,nude pics of her to prove it in the papers.The royal family would be bending over backwards with spin control to minimize the embarrassment.....That's sort of what the WTA does with their attractive underachieving jokes whose on-court games couldn't come close to matching their physical appearance on any consistent basis

I agree, though. I don't think Petra will ever be one of those girls who's so into her off court endorsements that she lets her tennis go to shit, yk?
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #1348
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Overreacting again,huh?Well,the good news is that Lisicki announced today that she was using a different sports counsellor than Petra's

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #1349
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

The "hysteric" smiley face is just such a lovely representation.

Oh good to know.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1350
country flag Excelscior

Wait a minute.

Petra and Lisicki had the same sports psychologist (or that's a joke).

I thought Petra had everything/body Czech or Slovak?