Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1306
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

I was thinking … for 5 seconds … Petra should hire Michal Novotný. ATP physiotherapist from 2001 to 2010. Refused Real Madrid but got a very lucrative offer from Ernest Gulbis. He lives in Tenerife-Adeje.

Last edited by paulmara : Oct 3rd, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM   #1307
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I was thinking … for a 5 seconds … Petra should hire Michal Novotný. ATP physiotherapist from 2001 to 2010. Refused Real Madrid but get a very lucrative offer from Ernest Gulbis. He lives in Tenerife-Adeje.

Three years ago, Novotný said that he was giving Nadal three years due to chronic knee problems. Nadal's current situation confirms that the Czech doctor was not that far from truth.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM   #1308
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
You got it.

She's a chatterbox normally-when speaking Czech. Couple that with the fact, she's been increasingly more charming and magnetic during her press conferences as well.

I wish her tennis play-this year, would have grown as confidently and comfortably as her English seemed to.
Perhaps she can't multi-task ....
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #1309
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Three years ago, Novotný said that he was giving Nadal three years due to chronic knee problems. Nadal's current situation confirms that the Czech doctor was not that far from truth.
No offense:

Petra knows enough English now, where she shouldn't have to keep her team exclusive to Czech's.

I think that's been part of the problem of her maturation in the first place. It just keeps Petra in her little sequestered comfort zone.

Djokovic, may be surrounded by a lot of Serbs (and could even be wary of the US/West Politically-cause of what happen in his country-though I don't know). However, he's a very out going guy with the English speaking media, his sponsors, and marketing responsibilities. He may even have consulted non-Serbian nutritionist, coaching/fitness and physicians for all I know.

Petra just needs to hire the best people. If other player relationships can take disparate individuals from around the world placing them together--create working relationships on the regular, Petra can to. They need to stop babying her.

Yes, Katie's a good start. However, I'm sure it wasn't Petra's (or her camps) idea in the first place. But I could be wrong. Nonetheless, kudos for the decision, cause the exposure appears good for her.

Petra's just too much sometimes.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM   #1310
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No offense:

Petra knows enough English now, where she shouldn't have to keep her team exclusive to Czech's.

I think that's been part of the problem of her maturation in the first place. It just keeps Petra in her little comfort zone.

Djokovic, may be surrounded by a lot of Serbs (and could even be wary of the US/West Politically-cause of what happen in his country). However, he's a very out going guy with the English speaking media, his relationships and responsibilities.

Petra just needs to hire the best people. If other player relationships can take disparate individuals from around the world placing them together--create working relationships, Petra can to.

Petra needs to stop being babied.
It would probably help if she won a few matches at YEC and earned some more $$$, making it about $3m for this season in on-court earnings. More money, more choices.

Ivanko was from Slovakia, so there was no language barrier, as the language is extremely similar to Czech.

But you make a great point, her fluency in English will open up a wealth of new opportunities and her team can become more international. E.g. Lendl hired Aussie coach Tony Roche for advice on volleying.

Depends on Petra's priorities though.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1311
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Petronius

Her team can be more international now. What's stopping her?

You can't always do everything on the cheap Petronius, unless your telling me these Czech's and Slovaks would perform the same as anyone else.

And the language thing, is not as important as you think. Look at Li Na and the success she had with her coach-when she won the French? Look at Petrova now, with her Spanish coach. The examples are numerous.

I also not sure if some of these people are as expensive as you think. It all depends on the individual agreements and relationships they foster/agree on. Petra doesn't have to win the YEC again and/or the Australian to get a suitable team. Trust me!

She and her team just need to make the effort, and let the cards fall where they may (whether it's a Czech, Slovak or anyone else).

I'm still amazed (unless they know something we don't know), why Petra doesn't use Martina more as an ally, reference and confidante. She's already offered.

Sloane Stevens does it already now--with Serena, and she's younger, less capable and less experienced than Petra--even though Serena's an active player she may have to play against one day. Sloane's not stupid or shy.

SMH

Last edited by Excelscior : Oct 3rd, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1312
country flag Petronius

Quote:
@Petronius

Her team can be more international now. What's stopping her?

You can't always do everything on the cheap Petronius, unless your telling me these Czech's and Slovaks would perform the same as anyone else.

And the language thing, is not as important as you think. Look at Li Na and the success she had with her coach-when she won the French? Look at Petrova now, with her Spanish coach. The examples are numerous.

I also not sure if some of these people are as expensive as you think. It all depends on the individual agreements and relationships they foster/agree on. Petra doesn't have to win the YEC again and/or the Australian to get a suitable team. Trust me!

She and her team just need to make the effort, and let the cards fall where they may (whether it's a Czech, Slovak or anyone else).

I'm still amazed (unless they know something we don't know), why Petra doesn't use Martina more as an ally, reference and confidante. She's already offered.

Sloane Stevens does it already now--with Serena, and she's younger, less capable and less experienced than Petra--even though Serena's an active player she may have to play against one day. Sloane's not stupid or shy.

SMH
Nothing can be ruled out IMO. See Mauresmo-Azarenka, etc. If Petra started some form of co-operation with Martina Nav., I doubt anyone would complain.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1313
country flag Petronius

Quote:
SMH
I think it's not always easy with Martina either. In March 2007 she had a big press conference here in CZ announcing her plans to open a tennis academy here where kids would learn to play all-court tennis like Hingis, Henin, Federer and Martina herself.

And I have not heard about this ever since. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Martina's mother died later in 2007 so maybe this made Martina change her plans about spending more time in her native country.

So as you can see with Martina it's not that easy.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1314
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I think it's not always easy with Martina either. In March 2007 she had a big press conference here in CZ announcing her plans to open a tennis academy here where kids would learn to play all-court tennis like Hingis, Henin, Federer and Martina herself.

And I have not heard about this ever since. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Martina's mother died later in 2007 so maybe this made Martina change her plans about spending more time in her native country.

So as you can see with Martina it's not that easy.
I hear what you're saying. But two totally different things.

One is a huge financial/fund raising, time commitment. The other is just Petra making the phone call, text, e-mail or greeting-in person, hoping Martina would respond or be available.

Really, nothing is required of her, except Martina being available when Petra contacts her.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #1315
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Thank you! Btw do you have some info about Petra's whereabouts?
Petra is vacationing in beautiful,rustic East Rutherford,New Jersey,so that she can relax and take a break by breathing in the pure,natural,unspoiled air from that region;East Rutherford is like Lourdes for sufferers of asthma and other lung problems

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #1316
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

More for the title than anything else, which appears to be an invention of the sub-editor rather than a quote from Jojo: Kvitova is the Best Indoors.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1317
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
More for the title than anything else, which appears to be an invention of the sub-editor rather than a quote from Jojo: Kvitova is the Best Indoors.
Needs to sell the story I guess...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #1318
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I was thinking … for 5 seconds … Petra should hire Michal Novotný.
Petra should hire a lemur obedience trainer...if she can find one,since they're in such short supply.Though she's the defending champ now,Petra MIGHT not be invited back to NH next year because Prosto lifted his leg and sprayed the tourney director right in the pants crotch area during the trophy ceremony...leaving a dark stain there and making it appear as if he'd peed on himself in front of 20,000 people.Tbh,Prosto's animal instincts were RIGHT ON as he sensed that Petra might need that extra week of rest prior to the USO next season

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #1319
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova

Back on practice court today and preparing for #WTAChamps in Istanbul! Feeling much better, thanks for all your messages
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #1320
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova

Back on practice court today and preparing for #WTAChamps in Istanbul! Feeling much better, thanks for all your messages
I think it would be actually great, if Petra performed excellent at YEC without any match practice.

Just like Sharapova before AO and UO (finals, semis) or Azarenka before W and UO (semis, finals).

Keepin' my fingers crossed