Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1246
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
Všechno nejlepší k svátku!

Now that's the real way to say it!!!!

For those even more monolingual than I, it means "all the best on your nameday". I think.... LOL
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:45 AM   #1247
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

nice little article about Petra

http://www.newhavenopen.com/news/pet...aughing_matter
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:06 AM   #1248
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked that article's concluding paragraph about Kotyza. I have never agreed with those who call for him to be replaced. Supplemented, maybe, but it is clear that he is very dear to Petra and that having a second father, as it were, keeps her grounded and happy with her tennis career.

No, Pova fans, I'm never gonna say anything good about your girl.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:32 AM   #1249
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
Aww thanks for sharing!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:35 AM   #1250
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I liked that article's concluding paragraph about Kotyza. I have never agreed with those who call for him to be replaced. Supplemented, maybe, but it is clear that he is very dear to Petra and that having a second father, as it were, keeps her grounded and happy with her tennis career.
Nadal is very grounded to. But that didn't stop him and Uncle Tony being prepared for, and wanting to win every major in sight.

I had read the article previously. And yes it's nice.

Thanks Tennisaddict84.

What's up Mac and Steni!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:56 AM   #1251
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who are the silly buggers who want Kotyza to get fired?

That may not necessarily be a career suicide but at the very least it's tantamount to turning Petra into an ordinary coach-swapping more-of-the-time-down-than-up WTA-mug like Na Li.

If somebody really needs to be replaced, then it's the other guy - the physio/fitness coach that needs to go (for failing to create sixpack abs
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:00 AM   #1252
country flag steni

steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold steni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post

That may not necessarily be a career suicide but at the very least it's tantamount to turning Petra into an ordinary coach-swapping more-of-the-time-down-than-up WTA-mug like Na Li.

If somebody really has to go, then it rather be the other guy - the physio/fitness coach that needs to go (for failing to create a sixpack belly. :lol:
Hey!

That was funny! But I think she wont get rid of the fitness coach, she seems to like him very much! I honestly cant imagine Petra firing someone, she is too nice!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:21 AM   #1253
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If somebody really needs to be replaced, then it's the other guy - the physio/fitness coach that needs to go (for failing to create sixpack abs
That would be me.
So going to field trips to art galleries counts as coaching?

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:28 AM   #1254
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
I honestly cant imagine Petra firing someone, she is too nice!
If she heard that she just might do some firing just to prove a point

No ,honestly though, I don't see the need for that here. I don't like what one might call the "Florida method" of doing tennis business, which is that once the player has learned the basics of hitting balls and vocal cords, nothing else is important (Floridian coaching can function irrespective of who is doing the coaching and in fact it can be completely discarded and replaced by daddy or mammy).

I'd rather that Petra not get into that sort of thing and stick to her European school.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1255

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Hey Mac, there was nothing in the story which said she actually enjoyed THOSE trips.

Just kidding! Good for her huggybear. Aw, what a great 'coach'!

Now, if he really wanted to impress people he would find some magical way for Petra to retain focus during matches, reduce her UEs, and come up with better mid-match adjustments and strategies. You know, figuring out a Plan B sometimes. Any dope could take her out for sightseeing and culture.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1256
country flag Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
That would be me.
So going to field trips to art galleries counts as coaching?
It's not healthy for her to be only preoccupied with tennis 24/7.

So in order to maximize longevity and minimize (mental) burnout, Kotyza knows that Petra needs to do stuff that has nothing to do with tennis (like Venus who has a "not couture" fashion label, or Serena who became a "toenail painting technician" a few years ago).
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 04:25 AM   #1257

Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
It's not healthy for her to be only preoccupied with tennis 24/7.

So in order to maximize longevity and minimize (mental) burnout, Kotyza knows that Petra needs to do stuff that has nothing to do with tennis (like Venus who has a "not couture" fashion label, or Serena who became a "toenail painting technician" a few years ago).

I respect SW to the sky, but why would anybody want anything to do with touching another human being's crunchy toenails?

Yuck!

But seriously, I wonder if our dear Petra is already battling burnout issues? If so, kudos to Kotyza for stepping in and trying to help in a positive way.

And, wouldn't you love to hear Petra's comments looking at some of those masterpieces and museum artifacts? Priceless I'm sure.

From what I've heard from others who have spent time around serious or professional athletes, most of them aren't the deepest thinkers or most well-rounded individuals you'll ever meet. All of their free time seems to be taken up by training, gamedays and travel.

Once again, yuck!

So good for Kotyza for saving our Petra!

Queen Petra's 2012 NA HC Season: More oxygen, more wins!!!
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1258
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

No Challenges Remaining-"Episode 15" the charm of Petra Kvitova (32:00 – 36:30)

http://nochallengesremaining.tumblr.com/
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM   #1259

TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all TennisAddict84 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
No Challenges Remaining-"Episode 15" the charm of Petra Kvitova (32:00 – 36:30)

http://nochallengesremaining.tumblr.com/
LOVE this...thanks for sharing paulmara
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1260

for anyone who hasn't seen this interview w/ Petra yet:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ten...8325--ten.html