Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 82 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #1216
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
as long as it's not too graphic
standard 60-100 photos from a Sigmund Freud's patient
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #1217
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

15 years from now:

Petra: It should be a lovely picnic today;I hope your mom enjoys all the food we prepared
Adam(4-time Wimby champ and Czech hero) :Indeed,my love,she is grateful for everything you've done for her since her onset of rheumatism...and our sweet Pavel is four years old now and can appreciate such a family event better
Pavel(from the other room) :WAAAAAAAAA!
Petra'n'Adam:(quickly going into the den)
Adam: What's wrong,my son
Pavel(almost incoherent between sobs) :Uncle Paul showed me....Uncle Paul showed me....
Petra: Paul!Did you scare him with another of your enormous,zip-code-sized photos again?I'm gonna break one of your ribs if you did that again!
Paulmara:

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1218
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Paul!Did you scare him with another of your enormous,zip-code-sized photos again?
I admit that once I posted a slightly bigger photo from Petra´s training camp in Slovakia.

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #1219
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I admit that once I posted a slightly bigger photo from Petra´s training camp in Slovakia.

Yeah,I think that I can recall that one...it's much lovelier to behold when it's scaled correctly.

...But your use of the word 'once' is a bit dishonest in re your gigantic photos;it's sort of like when an alcoholic claims that he only gets drunk 'once in a while'.Petra is founding a pediatric clinic for Czech kids with nightmarish sleep disorders that were caused by your Dinosaur-sized Pics

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1220
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Great in-depth article starting with a reference to Petra's 2011 Wimbledon victory and then comparing the Czech tennis system with the Swedish, Australian and American systems.

One of the best foreign articles I've read on the topic.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/.../120620.01.pdf
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #1221
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Great in-depth article starting with a reference to Petra's 2011 Wimbledon victory and then comparing the Czech tennis system with the Swedish, Australian and American systems.

One of the best foreign articles I've read on the topic.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/.../120620.01.pdf
And,in your opinion,how would those systems rank,top-to-bottom?

Old Jul 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1222
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And,in your opinion,how would those systems rank,top-to-bottom?
My knowledge is too limited to make an expert comparison, but it's interesting that e.g. Sweden has produced three great male players - Borg, Edberg and Wilander (24 singles slams in total) - but not any champion on the WTA side.

And the decline in Australia's tennis is also remarkable. Stosur's last year US Open title was the first slam for an Aussie woman since 1973!

It will be also interesting whether tennis picks up in huge countries like China and India and whether they'll be able produce top players.
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #1223
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
On occasion,Prosto gets jealous of Petra's various Wild Kingdom knick-knacks like the small bear mentioned above;Prosto believes that HE should be the undisputed,#1 animal in Petra's camp.Once,he hid underneath Petra's rackets,before she went on court,while she was using an extra-large duffel bag.Petra thought that the bag felt a bit heavy,but she was so focused on the match that she dismissed it.

Later,during a long rally,Prosto couldn't stand the heat inside the bag anymore,so he ventured out and began sniffing around the chair umpire's tower.The ump was a bit too presumptuous about his animal-handling skills,so he didn't stop and ask Petra for help in fixing this problem as he SHOULD have done.When he tried to pick him up and carry him away,Prosto bit him where.....well,let's just say the ump is lucky that he and his wife already have three children,cuz his 'equipment' no longer functions normally
Prosto is 'blue eyed' just like our Petra

{The blue-eyed black lemur is thought to be the only primate with blue eyes - except humans}

Quote:
I started working on a concept of „The true story of the night before Serena-Petra match or : How the world was saved.“ Are you interested? I can hide it somewhere.
Yes ! We are! We eagerly await chapter & verse of your write up...
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #1224
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
My knowledge is too limited to make an expert comparison, but it's interesting that e.g. Sweden has produced three great male players - Borg, Edberg and Wilander (24 singles slams in total) - but not any champion on the WTA side.

And the decline in Australia's tennis is also remarkable. Stosur's last year US Open title was the first slam for an Aussie woman since 1973!

It will be also interesting whether tennis picks up in huge countries like China and India and whether they'll be able produce top players.
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/roll_...s-singles.html
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1225
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Thanks! I was too lazy to confirm my source (they got it wrong). So it should be "since 1977". I didn't know about this great player Evonne Goolagong Cawley.
Still, the 1980-2010 is a very weak period for Aussie female tennis.

Last edited by Petronius : Jul 15th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #1226
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Andrea Hlavackova interviewed Petra Kvitova for Tennis Arena. (in Czech)

http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/hla...ausnice-10475/

Without my talisman, small bear, I´m not going to the tennis courts. I have it in my bag for 3 years."
Competition! Competition! Competition!

Yep! for the 1st Pics posted to the Picture thread of the “Mysterious talisman small bear’’ that resides in Petra’s Bag – I believe we have missed this intriguing golden nugget since Petra’s meteoric rise to the higher echelons of the WTA tour!

So Kudos & Positive reps to the 1st Successful Entry! Submitted to this sub-forum!

Rules: The pic has to be a genuine reflection of Petra’s Talisman bear (it’s got to be Petra’s tennis bag for starters) – fake entries like a lemur disguised as a bear hiding in a tennis bag or hypothetically an attempt from the likes of say ‘TA84’ to send in a pic of a random tennis bag with a small bear in it snapped at any downtown mall will not cut-it!

Good Luck!
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #1227
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Prosto is 'blue eyed' just like our Petra

{The blue-eyed black lemur is thought to be the only primate with blue eyes - except humans}
Petra's pet,even when calm,has the look of a creature that is currently being shocked with electrodes attached to its anus...glad to see that we both appreciate the eye-color connection between Prosto and Petra

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 01:16 AM   #1228
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

10 questions with Petra Kvitova
By: Nicholas McCarvel, NBCOlympics.comUpdated: Jul 31, 7:51p ET

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blog...a-kvitova.html
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1229
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^ What's the obsession with Michael Phelps? Why'd she want to meet him above all others?

I mean the other day it was Lisicki and/or others I forgot, who was all going gaga about that guy.

It's rather mystifying. I mean OK he's won golds in ancient past but as of right now his ass getting whooped left and right (he's not even likely to win one individual gold medal if I'm not mistaken). And on top of that, personality-wise he's not exactly a darling, is he (the only time he is in the headlines outside of the Olympics is when he is causing trouble by getting high or getting drunk).

And last but not least, I'm a hetero guy but I think he's ugly as hell, right?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1230
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
^ What's the obsession with Michael Phelps? Why'd she want to meet him above all others?

I mean the other day it was Lisicki and/or others I forgot, who was all going gaga about that guy.

It's rather mystifying. I mean OK he's won golds in ancient past but as of right now his ass getting whooped left and right (he's not even likely to win one individual gold medal if I'm not mistaken). And on top of that, personality-wise he's not exactly a darling, is he (the only time he is in the headlines outside of the Olympics is when he is causing trouble by getting high or getting drunk).

And last but not least, I'm a hetero guy but I think he's ugly as hell, right?
Yes he isn't cute but the guy has something(19 medals)
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote