Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1201
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Petronius,normally I wouldn't argue a post like this b/c the issue is almost totally subjective and not empirically provable...but you are a thoughtful fellow so I decided to give you my input.

In re the competition supposedly being tougher,I say this w/o ANY malice towards you...but I think that's a joke.Excepting one great run by JMDP at the USO,THREE GUYS!!! have won all the Slams for the last EIGHT YEARS!!!!!Aside from the Triumvirate,ATP 'guys' are just about the weakest bunch of pussies I've seen from quasi-'male' athletes.I'd even call European futbol-lers--with all their flopping,whining,and limp-wristed,girlish slapfights--tougher than ATPers.You probably don't watch the NFL,so I'll inform you that even the suckiest teams such as Cleveland "man up" every once in a while and defeat the elites such as the Patriots or Steelers.Besides JMDP,NO ONE seems capable of manning up at Slams in the ATP;the director should hide his face in shame over what a bunch of gutless,swishy punks he has

As for the length of the matches,duration DEFINITELY doesn't equal quality...exhibit #1 being the marathon Horrific Shit-fest of crappy,putrid,one-dimensional tennis known as Isner-Mahut.The only upside to that travesty was that inbred puke Isner was exhausted and sent home quickly after his following match.

In addition...and I say this w/o an ounce of ill will towards the Triumvirate...but they don't even come CLOSE to successfully marketing the sport to non-fans as well as the WS,Sharapova...and even cheesecake eye candy like Kournikova and Slut-vanovic have done.

Lastly...and this is just my opinion,of course...tennis is one of those sports where the elegance of the female players adds a great extra element of beauty that doesn't,or RARELY,exists with the males.In general--basketball,ice hockey,boxing and a few others--are far more watchable when the men are competing...and then there are sports such as volleyball that are sort of in-between.The guys show greater power and athleticism,yet the aesthetic appeal of women's volleyball,well...you don't need an esplanation,do you?Tennis is on the other side of the spectrum with gymnastics and figure skating: I suppose you MIGHT watch men's gymnastics if someone in your family,or from your hometown,were competing but,otherwise,let's be serious.Unless it's Novak,Rafa or Fed on court,the ATP is like watching an all-male ballet...it just feels as though something lovely is missing.

As I said above,I'm not trying to talk down to you at all,Petronius...just wanted to share a different perspective...I'm done for today;seeya later
You make a lot of good points. I was only quoting what Petra said in an interview after she won Wimbledon in 2011.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:43 PM   #1202
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Big difficult. A post match article.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #1203
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent article POV (I read it in GM).

The one thing I'll say about this though is, "what if Azarenka beats Serena?". How will Petra feel then?

Will she think about the missed opportunities, and the more subtle things like slices (that even Chris Evert noticed early, that Petra wasn't doing), volleys, drop shots, re-directing, etc., that could of threw Serena off balance? What could you have done better Petra?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #1204
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Big difficult. A post match article.
Thanks pov. Great article. That's exactly how I saw the match.
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #1205
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

I read somewhere that Petra is gonna play an exhibition match against Sharapova in Prague.
Someone has more details about it, please?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #1206
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^ I have just one detail: it will be on October 29.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1207
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
^ I have just one detail: it will be on October 29.
Thanks
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #1208
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

I started a GM thread on the exho, with a bit more info. Check it out, if you wish.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #1209
country flag steni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I started a GM thread on the exho, with a bit more info. Check it out, if you wish.
Alright thanks!
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #1210
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea Hlavackova interviewed Petra Kvitova for Tennis Arena. (in Czech)

http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/hla...ausnice-10475/

„Without my talisman, small bear, I´m not going to the tennis courts. I have it in my bag for 3 years."
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #1211
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

On occasion,Prosto gets jealous of Petra's various Wild Kingdom knick-knacks like the small bear mentioned above;Prosto believes that HE should be the undisputed,#1 animal in Petra's camp.Once,he hid underneath Petra's rackets,before she went on court,while she was using an extra-large duffel bag.Petra thought that the bag felt a bit heavy,but she was so focused on the match that she dismissed it.

Later,during a long rally,Prosto couldn't stand the heat inside the bag anymore,so he ventured out and began sniffing around the chair umpire's tower.The ump was a bit too presumptuous about his animal-handling skills,so he didn't stop and ask Petra for help in fixing this problem as he SHOULD have done.When he tried to pick him up and carry him away,Prosto bit him where.....well,let's just say the ump is lucky that he and his wife already have three children,cuz his 'equipment' no longer functions normally

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!

Last edited by bruce goose : Jul 11th, 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #1212
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On occasion,Prosto gets jealous of Petra's various Wild Kingdom knick-knacks like the small bear mentioned above;
I was little confused who is Prosto. For a few seconds. There are many sport talismans. Mr. P. is very popular everywhere.

http://oidnes.cz/12/071/org/TEN44649...120706_102.jpg
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1213
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I was little confused who is Prosto. For a few seconds. There are many sport talismans. Mr. P. is very popular everywhere.

http://oidnes.cz/12/071/org/TEN44649...120706_102.jpg
Obviously,I congratulate Mr.P for being nestled between female volleyballers,but Prosto is someone else who's found right in your avy,so named for the C.R. town Prostejov that Petra is so familiar with....Please forgive me,Czechs,if the spelling is wrong

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #1214
country flag paulmara

Quote:
I congratulate Mr.P
I started working on a concept of „The true story of the night before Serena-Petra match or : How the world was saved.“ Are you interested? I can hide it somewhere.
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #1215
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I started working on a concept of „The true story of the night before Serena-Petra match or : How the world was saved.“ Are you interested? I can hide it somewhere.
Absolutely and,as long as it's not too graphic,you could send it to Petra in her native tongue so that she'd see what creative thought her fans devoted towards her career