Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 80 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1186
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Martina Navratilova and Petra Kvotiva share their experiences of winning the Ladies' title with CNN's Open Court.
http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video...-champions.cnn
Thanx paulmara Lets do it Petra.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #1187
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

aw Petra was nominated for an espy

http://espn.go.com/espys/voting?vote=8082683&lang=en
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #1188
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
aw Petra was nominated for an espy

http://espn.go.com/espys/voting?vote=8082683&lang=en
These punk-ass awards shows like the ESPYs or Laureus awards are just minor diversions IF and when the athlete decides to attend them with his/her bf/gf/hubby/wife.The REAL trophies athletes care about are the championship titles: If you asked Petra about her ESPY 20 years from now,she might not even remember what an 'ESPY' WAS......but you can be damned sure that she'll never forget that moment when she got her first Rosewater Dish

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 12:55 AM   #1189
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

I can't remember if I ever read such a fuckery as this article.
Especially shitty is part about Petra's father.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-to-watch.html

Man who wrote this garbage is very stupid MORON.
Lufa is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:11 AM   #1190
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

The writer has evidently confused Petra's father with the moustached fellow who tried to do a chest-bump after the final last year, and fell down. The writer is also obviously not a fan of women's tennis. Federer's 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 first-rounder was entertaining, but Petra's 53 minute display of domination wasn't? He's an ass, and not worth reading.
To hell with these idiotic ideas that players can "save tennis" and that "the tour needs" any particular player.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM   #1191
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

I think Petra played very well and I'm very happy about it(SHE REALLY ENTERTAINED ME), so the writer can suck it. But Lepchenko really sucks "without winning a single competition, Lepchenko has accrued nearly £230,000 in prize money. And she has done it, it might be thought, without knowingly delivering anything in the way of entertainment."
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1192
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Petra is a great girl and she herself admitted she would have no problems if male tennis players earned more - the competition is tougher and the matches are longer.

The chest-bumping guy is Jaroslav Navrátil, the Czech Davis Cup captain, who also works at the Prostějov tennis club.
I've got to admit - and I agree with the writer - that he acted like an idiot. I think there's even a youtube vid "Chest-bump Celebration Fail" or sth like that
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM   #1193
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Navratil was widely confused with Petra's dad at the time, including on this forum.

Petra is just great. Even on her Twitter feed title ("Travel the world playing tennis, always smiling") she recognizes that she is living a wonderful life and has a great job.
To hell with these idiotic ideas that players can "save tennis" and that "the tour needs" any particular player.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM   #1194
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
I can't remember if I ever read such a fuckery as this article.
Especially shitty is part about Petra's father.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-to-watch.html

Man who wrote this garbage is very stupid MORON.

Below are some of the sensationalist pieces written by this W**k*r for the conservative right-leaning broadsheet called the Telegraph – In short ignore this idiot who earns a living writing these sorts of shit ….

Serena wins but shock and awe has gone

Kvitova offers efficiency, not excitement
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1195
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

This is a funny article (besides me enjoying the beautiful grass court tennis Petra's played her last two matches), cause I saw the crowd in her last two matches give her thunderous applause and standing ovations after both matches, kinda saying "We adore that type of beatdown performance and display of tennis". You mean, he didn't see Petra take her bows, then walk of the court to more approving applause?

But the article wasn't that bad (except the Petra father thing), and he's entitled to his opinions and attempts at attention grabbing).

Actually, he seems to know more about Petra, and what preceded/what's going on at Wimbledon, than a lot of his colleagues at other British Rags (though I know that's not saying much). And in a way, he was complimenting Petra on her beatdowns (but I know, he threw in the negative stuff with the WTA, along with it). I get it.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM   #1196
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

That Telegraph article is utter crap - and not because the writer said the match was not competitive (that's OK and expected of a critic, let him say that) it's more because he is blaming Petra AND her father for it.

Completely baseless, shoddy journalism.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM   #1197
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Petra is a great girl and she herself admitted she would have no problems if male tennis players earned more - the competition is tougher and the matches are longer.
Petronius,normally I wouldn't argue a post like this b/c the issue is almost totally subjective and not empirically provable...but you are a thoughtful fellow so I decided to give you my input.

In re the competition supposedly being tougher,I say this w/o ANY malice towards you...but I think that's a joke.Excepting one great run by JMDP at the USO,THREE GUYS!!! have won all the Slams for the last EIGHT YEARS!!!!!Aside from the Triumvirate,ATP 'guys' are just about the weakest bunch of pussies I've seen from quasi-'male' athletes.I'd even call European futbol-lers--with all their flopping,whining,and limp-wristed,girlish slapfights--tougher than ATPers.You probably don't watch the NFL,so I'll inform you that even the suckiest teams such as Cleveland "man up" every once in a while and defeat the elites such as the Patriots or Steelers.Besides JMDP,NO ONE seems capable of manning up at Slams in the ATP;the director should hide his face in shame over what a bunch of gutless,swishy punks he has

As for the length of the matches,duration DEFINITELY doesn't equal quality...exhibit #1 being the marathon Horrific Shit-fest of crappy,putrid,one-dimensional tennis known as Isner-Mahut.The only upside to that travesty was that inbred puke Isner was exhausted and sent home quickly after his following match.

In addition...and I say this w/o an ounce of ill will towards the Triumvirate...but they don't even come CLOSE to successfully marketing the sport to non-fans as well as the WS,Sharapova...and even cheesecake eye candy like Kournikova and Slut-vanovic have done.

Lastly...and this is just my opinion,of course...tennis is one of those sports where the elegance of the female players adds a great extra element of beauty that doesn't,or RARELY,exists with the males.In general--basketball,ice hockey,boxing and a few others--are far more watchable when the men are competing...and then there are sports such as volleyball that are sort of in-between.The guys show greater power and athleticism,yet the aesthetic appeal of women's volleyball,well...you don't need an esplanation,do you?Tennis is on the other side of the spectrum with gymnastics and figure skating: I suppose you MIGHT watch men's gymnastics if someone in your family,or from your hometown,were competing but,otherwise,let's be serious.Unless it's Novak,Rafa or Fed on court,the ATP is like watching an all-male ballet...it just feels as though something lovely is missing.

As I said above,I'm not trying to talk down to you at all,Petronius...just wanted to share a different perspective...I'm done for today;seeya later

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1198
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Another good, informative Martina/Petra article (this one actually took place after her first Wimby match this week).

Interestingly enough (among-st other tidbits), they actually mentioned Petra's height as 6'1" (1.85 M), as many of us have speculated.

Quote:
Navratilova Sees Herself in Wimbledon Winner Petra Kvitova

By Danielle Rossingh on June 26, 2012

Martina Navratilova looks at Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and she sees a little bit of herself. That’s not bad when the observer has won the grass- court Grand Slam tournament in London a record nine times.

Navratilova, the most successful player since tennis turned professional in 1968 with 59 Grand Slam titles, has counseled Kvitova since she first saw her play at the French Open a few years ago. Although 34 years apart in age, both are left-handed, play attacking tennis, are Czech-born and won their first Wimbledon title at the age of 21.

“I saw her here and I thought, ‘God, if this girl gets it together, there’s going to be trouble,”’ Navratilova, 55, said in an interview in Paris this month.

Watched by her parents from the royal box, Kvitova started the defense of her title on Centre Court today with a 6-4, 6-4 win against Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan.

Navratilova and Kvitova have kept in touch since that first meeting in Paris. Navratilova, an 18-time Grand Slam singles champion who was born in Prague and became a U.S. citizen in 1981, watched from the royal box last year when Kvitova beat former champion Maria Sharapova of Russia in straight sets for her first Wimbledon title.

Quiet Court
In February, Navratilova took Kvitova on a tour of the All England Club, including a visit to the museum and a look at Centre Court in winter.

“We had fun, talked, walking round,” Navratilova said in the interview at the French Open. “It’s always great to be on Centre Court when there’s nobody there.”

Navratilova also showed Kvitova the roll of honor in the club house that lists her record nine Wimbledon singles titles, won between 1978 and 1990. Kvitova was only a few months old when the last of those championships was won, and her father, Jiri, made her watch recordings of Navratilova’s matches as she was growing up.

Kvitova, who stands 6-foot-1 (1.85 meters), has a game built on a strong serve and flat ground strokes. Navratilova said Kvitova has the tools to win as many titles as she did on the fast grass surface of the All England Club.

‘More Physical’
“She got started the same time I did, with the first one, and you never know,” Navratilova said. “These days it’s hard to stay healthy long enough because the game is so much more physical, but the way she plays, if anybody could do it, it could be her because she plays such a powerful game, points are short, she doesn’t really have to exert herself that much.”

Kvitova said she wasn’t so sure.

“I have a really long way to go,” she said in an interview at the Rome Masters last month.

The 22-year-old followed her Wimbledon success by winning the season-ending WTA Championships in Istanbul last year. She said Navratilova’s advice before the Wimbledon final helped calm her nerves.

“She told me not to think that it’s the Wimbledon final, but that it’s a normal match, and that I can do it,” Kvitova said. “When I came on court, it was a normal match and I was really lucky that I felt it like a first round.”

The Czech newspaper Mlada Fronta Dnes carried the headline, “Wimbledon Witnessed the Birth of a Star,” while another publication, Pravo, proclaimed, “Modest Champion Petra Kvitova Enchanted Wimbledon.”

Auto Upgrade
Kvitova, the No. 4 seed at Wimbledon this year, no longer drives a Skoda, but a BMW 320. Although she said she enjoys driving a faster car, getting recognized took some getting used to.

“It was something new for me, a new experience,” Kvitova said. “I don’t want to say it was hard but it was not very easy to get used to being famous in the Czech Republic. Everybody stared at me in the supermarket and on the street.”

Navratilova, who defected to the U.S. from communist Czechoslovakia in 1975, credits the Czech system with producing champions such as herself, eight-time major winner Ivan Lendl, 2010 Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych and Kvitova.

“The club system there produces really good players, without trying to,” Navratilova said. “You go to the club and hang out. You play other sports and kids are running around kicking a soccer ball. They become better athletes, much better all-round athletes, and they’re active and they’re healthy and they’re doing it for fun. I was there all day long. Just playing sets, doubles, singles, whatever I could do.”

Major Semifinals
Kvitova made the semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open this year, losing both times to Sharapova. Her preparation for Wimbledon was cut short when she lost in the opening round of Eastbourne last week to Ekatarina Makarova, a Russian ranked 48th on the women’s tour.

Although Kvitova has no major flaws in her game, there is still scope for improvement.

“She’s a big woman, but use that to your advantage and make it as little a disadvantage as possible,” Navratilova said. “I think she just needs to get a little lighter on her feet. Petra doesn’t need to re-tool but she can definitely improve. She’s 22 years old. I was clueless at that age, so she’s way ahead of me on that one.”

To contact the reporter on this story: Danielle Rossingh at Wimbledon through the London sports desk at drossingh@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Chris Elser at celser@bloomberg.net

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ampion-kvitova
Some interesting insights, observations and quotes in this article by both women, I must say.

But I'll leave Petra alone at the moment. Lol
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM   #1199
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article, but there's lot of stuff we've already read here. What is interesting though is that it was published in Business Week.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 08:11 PM   #1200
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Nice article, but there's lot of stuff we've already read here. What is interesting though is that it was published in Business Week.
That's what I thought, was trying to avoid Petronius. Cause I had read most of those type articles last year (before they were republished and re-posted again this year for Wimby). Should I take it down?

I put it up for a few interesting tidbits, I thought interesting (even though I may already knew or had speculated). But not everybody does.

Though I've seen Petra articles republished in Businessweek. This article actually appears to be published by Bloomberg Business News Services, by one of their reporters.