Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #1096
country flag naranka

naranka has disabled reputation
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I was expecting something like Hell Week for the US Navy SEALS.

The sad thing is, I doubt most of the other top women do anything more impressive. Just imagine if Petra were REALLY in shape, with ripped abs and lean muscle, able to run all day. I would fear for the WTA tour.
The main thing is, Petra is healthy at last, and she's bound to be much more fit than we've yet seen her this year. That alone ought to show in her results. And the fact that she is fitter will boost her confidence, which she sorely needs after that godawful U.S. tour.
naranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #1097
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx View Post
Petra is practicing new method of returning serve. They do not go to details about what kind of return it is except that it is usually used by male tennnis players. Petra adds that some women also can do it and that she has already tried it before but had some troubles with rhythm that's needed for that kind of return. (Does anybody have a clue what kind of return they might be talking about?)
What sort of return of serve is that unless if Petra has suddenly decided to return in chip/slice like Federer consistently does at times on opponent's second serves to deny them the first offensive strike in the exchange. Also on first serves too at times --

Or, probably related to the split step before contact (?) -- certain guys in ATP tennis have a split step forward to close on the ball and cut the trajectories (0:08, 0:15 etc. on the Youtube video), I can't think of any other player other than Murray or/and Federer who does that consistently though -- Nalbandian does it but it varies and theirs even Federer's isn't as comprehensive as Murray's.

Girls in the WTA have a tendency to just hop on place (Venus, Ana, Victoria, Radwanska...) and (like Julia)/or have a timid little hop forward (Serena, Maria, Li, Stosur, Cibulkova...), some have almost none (like Wozniacki), Petra she has 2 or 3 hops on place -- that's the assumptions we can have if she talks about timing etc. -- if it's related to the technique on return iDK and I really doubt this changes from ATP to WTA.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #1098
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

It will be exciting to see Petra in action next week, she hasn't played for a while.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #1099
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I think you're making things up here. If the "departure" was something new or unforeseen maybe you'd have a point. The fact is that it's an established part of their lives and relationship. Not a biggie. In fact, if they're really into each other as much as it seems it's a strong advantage. Plus, it's not like they can't see each other whenever they want.

Beyond that, I continue to be bemused at how often fans (aka people who don't even know their fave p-layer(s)) get in the business of thinking they know what's best for said player(s) in their personal lives.
I agree

PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #1100
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

WTA All-Access Hour Stuttgart Q&A:

Petra Kvitova

On clay...
"Before last year I didn't like clay too much - I preferred hardcourt and grass, just because they're faster and I'm more comfortable on them with my movement. But then I won Madrid and now I know I can play on clay too."

On Stuttgart...
"I am really looking forward to playing in Stuttgart. It's a beautiful tournament and it's my first time here, so I'm excited to play. I wanted to play last year too but had to withdraw after Fed Cup because I was injured. This year I'm ready to play. I came yesterday, but my first practice is after this All-Access Hour."

On the top group dominating the game...
"If you look at Vika, she played unbelievable at the start of this year. Maria's playing very well too, and Agnieszka won Miami - we have a lot of players at the top, but I don't know if someone will actually dominate women's tennis."

On why she chose Turkey in her recent training block...
"Why Turkey? That's probably a question for my fitness coach! It was my third time there already. He likes to be there. There's sand, and we run in the sand a lot. It's a good climate near the sea - for me as an asthmatic, that's good."
Lufa is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #1101
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
WTA All-Access Hour Stuttgart Q&A:

Petra Kvitova

On clay...
"Before last year I didn't like clay too much - I preferred hardcourt and grass, just because they're faster and I'm more comfortable on them with my movement. But then I won Madrid and now I know I can play on clay too."

On Stuttgart...
"I am really looking forward to playing in Stuttgart. It's a beautiful tournament and it's my first time here, so I'm excited to play. I wanted to play last year too but had to withdraw after Fed Cup because I was injured. This year I'm ready to play. I came yesterday, but my first practice is after this All-Access Hour."

On the top group dominating the game...
"If you look at Vika, she played unbelievable at the start of this year. Maria's playing very well too, and Agnieszka won Miami - we have a lot of players at the top, but I don't know if someone will actually dominate women's tennis."

On why she chose Turkey in her recent training block...
"Why Turkey? That's probably a question for my fitness coach! It was my third time there already. He likes to be there. There's sand, and we run in the sand a lot. It's a good climate near the sea - for me as an asthmatic, that's good."
I really hope Petra doesn't always believe everything she says.

And if she does; it won't stop her from future world domination. Lol
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #1102
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmhhh. Interesting.

Petra's NOT scheduled for tomorrow, so she may be playing till Thursday?? OK. If she does, that would give her some rest and a several practice sessions.

There a few time slots left on the second venue-Court 1 (Centre Court is the stadium Court) tomorrow. But I would hope, and highly doubt they would put Petra there? Probably not.

Since the quarterfinals start Friday, I guess it is possible for Petra to play her first match Thursday (probably on her request; coming from Fed Cup).

I don't see Vika scheduled either. So it makes sense.

We'll see?
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #1103
country flag Excelscior

A Petra post match article in Germany.

Quote:
“My role model was Martina Navratilova”

Stuttgart. NWimbledon winner Petra Kvitova’s first appearance at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix lasted one hour less two seconds. The world No. 3 from the Czech Republic had little trouble in overcoming Francesca Schiavone (Italy) 6-2, 6-2. After the match against the 2010 French Open winner, Petra Kvitova talked about . . .

. . . her game on clay:
“I grew up on clay in the Czech Republic. But these days, I actually prefer to play on quicker surfaces. I feel at home here in the Porsche Arena. The surface is similar to the one at the French Open and it aids more aggressive players in contrast to many outdoor clay courts.”

. . . her role model when a junior:
“It was obviously Martina Navratilova. She’s a left-hander like me. I liked her aggressive style which is also my way of playing. And I can beat a lot of players with my game.”

. . . the next challenges:
“I’m obviously looking forward to the French Open, for sure. But first of all I want to play well here in Stuttgart and do as well as possible. I was really sorry at having to withdraw from last year’s tournament because of an injury. And it’s nice that everything has started so well for me here.”

26/04/2012
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #1104

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
A Petra post match article in Germany.
She's so adorable and humble
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1105
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Petra on British tv on Monday. If anybody watches, please post a short summary here. Thx.

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/new...rand-Slam-Girl
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM   #1106

I will record it and attempt to put it on You Tube.

Never put anything on You Tube before, so don't expect it to be done quickly..... I'm going to have to look up how to do it
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1107
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
I will record it and attempt to put it on You Tube.

Never put anything on You Tube before, so don't expect it to be done quickly..... I'm going to have to look up how to do it
Thanks, but be careful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM   #1108
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

What's your YouTube name so we can all go see it when it's done?
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Oh!! What do I do then? How else can I get you all to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
What's your YouTube name so we can all go see it when it's done?

Haven't thought of one yet. If I do manage to put it somewhere, I will PM you all with my user name.

Old May 21st, 2012, 04:58 PM   #1110
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Oh!! What do I do then? How else can I get you all to see it

Haven't thought of one yet. If I do manage to put it somewhere, I will PM you all with my user name.

that would be awsome!

the special looks well worth watching from the preview
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote