Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1081
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Why do they have to work out together in the first place (Petra and Adam)?

I know he's a tennis player as well. But It's only going to create a stronger emotional departure when they eventually separate/break up.

I'm not being negative folks. That's just the odds; especially when you consider that Adam is only 17 or 18, to Petra's now 22. And she's successful to boot. Adam's got a long way to go.

As far as Kvitova's work out regimen? It did Petra great last season; so I assume/presume, she'll do fine with this one as well. We just need to get those visions of Indian Wells and Miami, with Petra visibly laboring out of our heads.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1082
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'd imagine she's doing 2 hours of training in the morning, then another 1/2 hours of fitness and then finally 3/2 hours of tennis. There's nothing wrong with how many hours she's doing - that's pretty much how much the top players on both tours spend. It's more about what she does in that time and how hard she pushes herself, rather than spending 10 hours a-day training. That would just kill her body.

The only weird thing is the timing as most players tend to start much earlier and then finish earlier too, having the rest of the day off to do treatment or whatever.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1083
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

I know he's a tennis player as well. But It's only going to create a stronger emotional departure when they eventually separate/break up.

I'm not being negative folks. That's just the odds; especially when you consider that Adam is only 17 or 18, to Petra's now 22. And she's successful to boot. Adam's got a long way to go.

Firstly, they have the same fitness coach.

And secondly, they're in a long-term relationship and spend most of their time at different tournaments, far away from each other. It's only natural that they'd want to spend time together the few times a year when both are taking a small break from tournaments.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1084
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if they got married and grew old together.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #1085
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Yuk (to Mac47)! Lol

And as far as the previous post, he/she took me too seriously. Lol.

As you guys all know, I always felt the relationship was silly, but (hey!) it's her life, not mine.

QPF fan says/thinks he makes Petra and her tennis happy.

Nuff Said. Go Petra!
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #1086
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yuk (to Mac47)! Lol

As you guys all know, I always felt the relationship was silly, but (hey!) it's her life, not mine.

Nuff Said. Go Petra!
isn't that evident?
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1087
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Yuk (to Mac47)! Lol

Nuff Said. Go Petra!

With all due respect Ex, what I said was I thought he seemed like a nice guy and made her happy; and that if she was happy she would probably play better tennis than a lonely, homesick Petra. What's wrong with that? Next year he'll turn 18 and be old enough to make all the neo-con rudey poos of the planet who had a problem with their relationship happy. They won't have anything to bitch about anymore. The relationship will be legal and regal.

However, who could have predicted all the health and fitness problems she's had so far this year. That's the real issue we should be concerned about regarding Petra. Speaking of the devil. . .

More coverage of Petra's current training from CNN.com:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/12/sp...tml?hpt=isp_c1

P.S. I continue to wish Adam and Petra boatloads of happiness.

Queen Petra will roar again soon!!! Pretenders to her throne beware!!!

Last edited by Queen Petra Fan : Apr 12th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1088
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's an extra boost for her to have the opportinuty to spend time with her bf and to work out along with him, as he's a man it may make her want to push harder to do as well as him

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #1089
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm not being negative folks
Well, you're not exactly being positive are you?

And as if that's not enough, you have already concluded that the two will eventually break up. Terrific!

In that case Excelsior, why stop half way? Why not take that level of paranoia all the way and demand that Adam be kept away from her now, and only contact her via a remote orgasm-device (just like Sly Stallone and Sandra Bullock in "Demolition Man")

Last edited by Raiden : Apr 12th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1090
country flag Excelscior

Funny!
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #1091
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
What has been a typical day?
"In the morning we have a relaxed breakfast and then around 11am we start the first section, which depends - sometimes it's running in the sand, working with medicine balls or training in the gym with weights. Then we have lunch and rest for three hours. Around 4pm we start training again - mostly long distance - and then I can play tennis finally! The end of the day is more relaxed. We have a massage or maybe visit the spa, then dinner and finally to bed."

LOL, and she's trying to tell us that this is not a seaside vacation with her sweetheart. She's basically doing nothing two-thirds of the day. And people complain about the poor quality of female tennis
Title of the article is, "Kvitova Getting Ready: Turkish Training Block"
I thought wow, she must be having a real intense training camp.
Then I read her description...it's like Club Med!

Oh Petra...all is forgiven if you find your KvittyGOAT form.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #1092
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Title of the article is, "Kvitova Getting Ready: Turkish Training Block"
I thought wow, she must be having a real intense training camp.
Then I read her description...it's like Club Med!

Oh Petra...all is forgiven if you find your KvittyGOAT form.

True though
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #1093
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting something like Hell Week for the US Navy SEALS.

The sad thing is, I doubt most of the other top women do anything more impressive. Just imagine if Petra were REALLY in shape, with ripped abs and lean muscle, able to run all day. I would fear for the WTA tour.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1094
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think you're making things up here. If the "departure" was something new or unforeseen maybe you'd have a point. The fact is that it's an established part of their lives and relationship. Not a biggie. In fact, if they're really into each other as much as it seems it's a strong advantage. Plus, it's not like they can't see each other whenever they want.

Beyond that, I continue to be bemused at how often fans (aka people who don't even know their fave p-layer(s)) get in the business of thinking they know what's best for said player(s) in their personal lives.
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1095
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post

The sad thing is, I doubt most of the other top women do anything more impressive. Just imagine if Petra were REALLY in shape, with ripped abs and lean muscle, able to run all day.
Gawd . .I so wish!! Way back when I told Excelsior that if Kvitova spent a month under my auspices, that's what she be. Of course if she really wanted that level of fitness she'd opt for a plan/trainer that would get her there. I also think that maybe no one is helping her cultivate a hankering for that. Like you said most of the players aren't in that shape. I do think a few of the top players train fairly hard. Wozniacki and Azarenka have good endurance. Sharapova is pretty ripped.