Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:20 AM   #1036
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
It is obviously very premature, but Petra's chances in the Olympics mixed doubles are getting very interesting. On top of the Aussie Open title, her partner Stepanek (with Paes) has also won Miami, beating the world #1 and #2 doubles teams in a row.
Of course Petra and Radek would be a tough team. I don't really need to see those results of Stepanek with Paes to know he's an excellent doubles player. Just watching him play singles and seeing how good he is at net allows you to see his potential as a doubles player. Paes and Radek are a very good team. Paes has great hands and quick eyes, and doubles allows him to hide his problems with his bh topspin and fitness.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:15 AM   #1037
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Paes is a freaking beast. I watched him win Cincinnati last year, taking out the Bryan Bros. and Llodra-Zimonjic. Paes just took over in the tiebreaks.

But Radek is good too, and I would put money on him and Petra to slay on grass.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM   #1038
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #1039
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

@spellman_katie
Hey guys, I'm taking a leap of faith and will be leaving the WTA after Madrid and Rome to set up my own boutique PR business

Very excited to be working with Wimbledon champ and world No.3 @Petra_Kvitova as my first client

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!

Last edited by cosmoose : Apr 4th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1040
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Much better than Karel Tejkal from Česká sportovní.
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1041
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

Do those people do anything substantial or are they just sending out press releases?
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1042
country flag paulmara

I don´t know what her exact position will be. But Meilen Tu is very important for Azarenka.
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #1043
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
Do those people do anything substantial or are they just sending out press releases?
maybe that's why Petra has a new PR person. Last one just sent out press releases

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #1044
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I don´t know what her exact position will be. But Meilen Tu is very important for Azarenka.
this
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #1045
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

PR? And that will help her reach the full potential of her game how? I thought that she'd be one to avoid the circus but clearly I was incorrect.
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #1046
country flag naranka

naranka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
PR? And that will help her reach the full potential of her game how? I thought that she'd be one to avoid the circus but clearly I was incorrect.
No tennis player ranked as highly as Petra, and a Wimbledon reigning champ to boot, can avoid "the circus." It's simply a fact of her life now. So she might as well have a PR person who (having worked with the WTA) appears to know what she's doing.

No, of course PR doesn't help you reach your potential, that's up to Petra. But it can't hurt Petra or her fans to have her presented to the world in the best possible light.
naranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1047
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by naranka View Post
No tennis player ranked as highly as Petra, and a Wimbledon reigning champ to boot, can avoid "the circus."
BS! Of course they can. It's called saying "no." The reason players get caught up in it is simple - they get large sums of money for doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naranka View Post
But it can't hurt Petra or her fans to have her presented to the world in the best possible light.
To me, the "best possible light" is her playing up to her potential, continuing to be largely honestly herself in interviews and not getting caught up in the circus. No one needs to be "presented to the world."
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #1048
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Um, I thought the whole point of having a PR person was so that you wouldn't have to pay attention to that side of things yourself, and could focus on tennis.

Not sure what Pov's problem is, or why he continues to dump on Petra in her own forum.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1049
country flag Utterchaos

Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all Utterchaos is a name known to all

I don't care about any of that PR nonsense. I just hope Petra can stay healthy and that her asthma doesn't flair up anytime soon. I am tired of lack of talent at the top. If she doesn't pick up, pusher Radwanska will soon be #3
Utterchaos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #1050
country flag mac47

ARad is already mathematically certain to pass Kvitty for #3. Fortunately, there's a rather large gap before #5. Still, if Petra doesn't turn it around soon, down she will go. I'm really worried about Madrid and Wimbledon.