Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #976
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
It's just a shame about these injuries, for two reasons: One, the Gulf tournaments were a good opportunity to Petra to make up points. After Miami -- and do I really dare hope for anything good from a Petra with a fitness gap on North American hardcourts? -- I only see Stuttgart and Rome as opportunities in her schedule through OG. For everything else, she's defending points (Madrid, Eastbourne, Wimby). And two, Petra is going to slip in the rankings. Which the haters will love.
TBH, I'm a bit pissed at her team. They are normally very responsible to make sure Petra doesn't pick up an off-court injury. For example, Petra doesn't do any skiing despite the huge popularity of the sport in CZ and numerous world-class ski resorts in the neighbouring Austria or Slovakia. She doesn't do any biking or any other potentially dangerous activity. And now they are taken by surprise by a wave of cold weather? They should be able to do better and prevent these issues, IMO
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #977
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

^is cycling considered dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Aside from the normal concerns over her,health,I just can't get too worried over Petra right now just because she might have a drop in the rankings from a failure to defend points.Honestly,I don't see where a slight rankings drop will demoralize or discourage Petra too much,and it's only a question of 'when',not 'if',she will rise up near the top again
Yes, the development of her game is the more crucial thing for fans. She has a real potential to become a 'complete' player in 2-3 years and produce GOAT perfomances on consistent basis. Plus, whatever she might gain or lose in IW/Miami or Europe, she should regain afterwards during the American Summer season and Asian swing, because they can't possibly be as bad as last year's.

Though her ranking is important as it equivalent to winning matches and appearing in later rounds, which is what we all want.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #978
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Aside from the normal concerns over her,health,I just can't get too worried over Petra right now just because she might have a drop in the rankings from a failure to defend points.Honestly,I don't see where a slight rankings drop will demoralize or discourage Petra too much,and it's only a question of 'when',not 'if',she will rise up near the top again
@Bruce Goose, Mac 47, etc..

I'm not going to worry about Petra at Indian Wells and Miami (or write her off), and hope for the best. Really! I am.

As far as the immediate (clay, grass), and rest of the season that follows, we'll see? She should be OK though.

I agree with you Mac. Petra could of made some serious hay at Doha and Dubai, and still had rest for Indian Wells (especially since she didn't play Paris Indoors). It would of set her up nicely for Indian Wells and Miami. And I also agree, if she suffers any embarassing defeats in N.America, the haters will be all over it. Yes they would. And they won't care what the reason is. Absolutely. But being sports is so unpredictable, we'll just have to wait and see. You never know what can happen on the court? She may pleasantly suprise us?

As far as her achilles injury, which appears to be the initial and main reason for her time off. I said it before, and I'll say it again. I know she's a competitor. But I can't understand "for the life of me" why Petra would risk injury playing Lucie H in a Czech club match, while not fully fit? I'm sorry. I know some of our Czech fans and Petra may think it's a big deal. But it's not. There are bigger things at stake.

I think Czech fans would of been much happier if Petra would of lost the Czech League title-uninjured, and won The Australian Open title (or Doha or Dubai that followed) any day. Yes! They would take that everytime. Petra has to know her priorities. I'm sure her team must of told her to "take it easy" before hand, and should of reminded her if she/they did not.

As far as Petronius being upset at Petra getting sick in the Czech Republic, I guess this is another reason why most players (no matter how much they love where they're from) eventually move to warm weather climates, when you think about it. Lol.

Petra couldn't play obviously (if she was healing her achilles), so they probably thought it would be fine if she stayed home. But I guess they didn't consider the weather, and how Petra could of spent the time off on vacation in a warmer climate? I guess that one could of been avoided?????? Oh well.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 03:27 AM   #979
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice
Red face Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Sportsman of the year 2011 of the Olomouc county! (and also world's 3rd best tennis player, for God's sake)

Let me tell you something.
Cernosek, her marketing manager can successfully destroy every player. And he will, if he gets a chance.
If her game sucks this year, remember, it's because of these 'social duties'.
vendulkabendulka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 05:08 AM   #980
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Is there social pressure in the CR for Petra to appear at such events,or does she do these mostly of her own accord???

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:35 AM   #981

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

No, it's not. There is just a couple of big public events where she's expected to go every year. Other events might be some private parties of her sponsors, which are probably mandatory for her. But she doesnt have that many sponsors so it's not actually a big deal.

Things like that photo, it's just unbelievable crap.
Let me guess: Some small town guys, usually businessmen, usually past members of Communist party, do their 'businesses'. They don't want to pay taxes, so they create a foundation for let's say, 'Supporting sports in Olomouc'. They can move their tax money directly into such a foundation, the government doesn't prevent this theft. But they need some results of foundation activities. So they create a special events like 'Best sportsman in Olomouc' (a city of 100k people).

My point is that these people are scum and somebody like Petra should never ever get into such a company. But I assume they are all friends of Cernosek (who is actually one of them) and he pushes her to go.

I'm very angry today, sorry. Even Pliskova twins lost their games in sucha stupid way, just a few minutes ago. What a day
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM   #982
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
Sportsman of the year 2011 of the Olomouc county!

But seriously, I think it's not a big deal. Hopefully she had been practicing and playing tennis during the day and in the evening she then briefly visited this ceremony and picked up another 'important' award.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM   #983
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

So now Petra is appearing at/for county level awards at home (though I assume this was in the evening, and didn't affect her tennis that day)? Yeah, she does need to leave for California soon? Lol

As far as her management, I've already diiscussed him quite a bit in the past. It is what it is (for the time being or forever). Lol
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 03:21 PM   #984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yeah, she does need to leave for California soon? Lol
California? Where is it? Olomouc, that's the real centre of The Universe!
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM   #985
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If her game sucks this year, remember, it's because of these 'social duties'.
I think Petra is quite intelligent enough to make a difference between this and tennis - personally I've never been really found of these kinds of obligations but at least they're (hers) are straight --

Players like Julia etc... in the same situation/status would have 'probably' (?) (considering she had refused already after Stuttgart) been in all sorts of 'trash' 2 dimes magazines like FHM & co --

Kournikova for example is all what I hate of tennis/sports, no sort of exacerbated feminism but she's is/was a destroyer of the women's cause -- beauty, sexiness, sex appeal - also talent, hard work, dedication can all be linked into one ; and one doesn't prevent the other ; watch the volleyball women players. KK a quitter who gets over-glorified because and only because of testosterone, yeah well, like a national hero, a joke.

This is what kills/can kill a player's (girl's) career, Petra's not into this I think -- eventually we can in these kinds of discussions always throw in a couple of players from the Balkans but I do not want to start BG on the subject.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM   #986
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not going to worry about Petra at Indian Wells and Miami (or write her off), and hope for the best. Really! I am
Petra will do well at IW (at least SF/F) and/or Miami -- there's a Boolean sort of algebra because Miami is always more difficult to perform into because of the physical factor especially when Petra goes deep in IW so it will/might/can be an X to resolve in the equation so we'll see how she deals with it after her success in IW.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 03:36 AM   #987
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
This is what kills/can kill a player's (girl's) career, Petra's not into this I think -- eventually we can in these kinds of discussions always throw in a couple of players from the Balkans but I do not want to start BG on the subject.
Who?Me?....I don't know what on earth you're referring to

Seriously,though,it unnerved me a bit when Petra's bf had the same first name as that which belongs to the partner of one of the WTA's worst jokes,but then Petra proved she was ready for long-term success when she won her second Slam--or at least a HALF-slam--in the same calendar year at Istanbul

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:29 AM   #988
country flag naranka

naranka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
I think Petra is quite intelligent enough to make a difference between this and tennis - personally I've never been really found of these kinds of obligations but at least they're (hers) are straight --

Players like Julia etc... in the same situation/status would have 'probably' (?) (considering she had refused already after Stuttgart) been in all sorts of 'trash' 2 dimes magazines like FHM & co --

Kournikova for example is all what I hate of tennis/sports, no sort of exacerbated feminism but she's is/was a destroyer of the women's cause -- beauty, sexiness, sex appeal - also talent, hard work, dedication can all be linked into one ; and one doesn't prevent the other ; watch the volleyball women players. KK a quitter who gets over-glorified because and only because of testosterone, yeah well, like a national hero, a joke.

I agree. I think this stuff is pretty harmless. Even if these are tacky, two-bit events, I see it as good practice for Petra's social skills. Face it, to be No. 1, as she will be, she will be required to make a gazillion such appearances, and the more accustomed and at ease she is with it, the less stressful it will be and so the less it will affect her tennis. I'm not saying she has no social graces. I think she is naturally congenial and at ease with people. But being paraded around and being the center of media attention is another thing. Being used to that is a good thing. And I can't see her and her team allowing PR/marketing duties to seriously detract from her training and practice.
naranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #989
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

[quote=Excelscior;21035328]@Bruce Goose, Mac 47, etc..

I think Czech fans would of been much happier if Petra would of lost the Czech League title-uninjured, and won The Australian Open title (or Doha or Dubai that followed) any day. Yes! They would take that everytime. Petra has to know her priorities. I'm sure her team must of told her to "take it easy" before hand, and should of reminded her if she/they did not.

Let's hope they have the common sense to skip this nonsense next year! All we can do is pray meanwhile.

As far as Petronius being upset at Petra getting sick in the Czech Republic, I guess this is another reason why most players (no matter how much they love where they're from) eventually move to warm weather climates, when you think about it. Lol.

Let's face it gang, you can get sick anywhere on this planet. Do you think people in Saudi Arabia or sunny Spain don't also catch colds and flus? Get real. It could've happened anywhere, anyways. Frankly, I blame those pesky nieces and nephews she loves to dote on. As anybody with schoolage kids knows firsthand, where children go-illness follows. I know it was them who torpedoed our Petra!!!
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #990
country flag Petronius

I decided to buy the newspaper with the tyroid tidbit, because I smelled some more juicy info and I was not disappointed. Petra's outspoken manager never disappoints, BTW.
ENJOY!

Excerpts:

First, the Czech president (a big tennis fan and amateur player) expressed criticism that too many marketing activities may derail Petra's career.

There's no link between Petra's current losses and excessive marketing activities ?
No. Just health issues. She has tyroid issues, which leads to inflammations. First, she had an inflammaton of the Achilles tendon, then an inflammation of a knee and then she had fevers. She had to skip the entire fitness camp in the Slovak mountains.
When I saw her practising just one day before leaving for Indian Wells, she was hitting her groundstrokes without moving and when she moved, she would cough heavily.
So I expected that she could play bad at the tournament.

Petra's obligatory marketing activities: those for Nike and Wilson under the signed contracts. We try to reduce the remaining activities as much as we can. For example, Wozniacki had some obligatory marketing event four days in row at Istanbul.

Is Petra complaining about too much market. activities?
Not at all. For example it was her own decision to go to the Czech music awards. Petra is attracted to these events. After all, she's a 21-year old girl who wants to look good and to be seen.

We actually have had to reject many events that might bring money, but that would be too time-consuming for her.

However, she flied to London for the BBC awards...We are targetting the English-speaking area. (One of the reasons is that both Wimbledon and the Olympics are held in London). The live coverage was watched by 15 million people, Djokovic and other megastars were there, etc. This could not be refused.

Tennis is a global sport, Petra's potential is several hundreds of millions of CZK (note: one USD = approx. 18 CZK). For example Federer can earn as much as 10 million euros per year from Nike. There are firmly fixed bonuses for the #1-3 ranking and for grandslam titles.

Is Petra attractive for sponsors?
She's a new face and that makes her interesting. She does not radiate the artificialness of Sharapova. She's natural, humble. She's somewhere between Woznaicki and Sharapova. Wozniacki is a pretty and nice girl, but tennis-wise she's a pusher. By contrast, Sharapova she's an exalted Russian who has everything calculated to the smallest detail.

However, the era of blonde Russians who have moved to America is old news in the tennis world, don't you think?
True. Their story has been created by America, but you don't know how much it cost and who was behind it. By contrast, Petra is completely natural.

However, some of her latest antics on the court... She sometimes throws her racket, she looks more stressed.
One of the reasons is her rapid rise.

Why?
I didn't expect her to rise so quickly to the top. Two years ago before Wimbledon, I gave her a car, because she was ranked 50th in the world, but she was not provided with anything else except for rackets and outfits. And then, within a year she won Wimbledon! No-one had expected her huge run she was having last season. And she wasn't prepared for this either. After the Wimbledon triumph, she kept repeating: "I'm still the same, nothing has changed." And we kept telling her: "Everything has changed. From now on, you will be taken differently and they will measure your future results differently." I have already experienced this with Martina Hingis.

You were very close to Martina Hingis, she played for your tennis club.
As long as Martina was a 14-year old girl, she was playful and all fun. Then she won everything she could and from then on she would face stress in every tournament she entered. She was not able to cope with these stresses and therefore her career finished sooner than necessary. We are now trying to prevent Petra from going mad as a result from all the current pressure. The WTA is very demanding, they expect the TOP3 players to support every WTA project. For example, now they're pushing Petra to fly somewhere in April (for one day) to do some filming for WTA, while she should be preparing for FedCup. It's a very tough battle.

Last edited by Petronius : Mar 17th, 2012 at 12:00 AM.