Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #721
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

That match with Kuznetsova was incredible. Petra was under incredible pressure, and you could see it in her body language and facial expressions, yet she kept coming up with great shots. There were some must-hold games in the third set where she hit nothing but service winners and never had to play a second shot.

It's this kind of performance that convinces me that she will continue to come up big in the big tournaments and the marquee matches when there's a lot of pressure. If she can beat an on-fire Sveta while feeling physically uncomfortable (look how she hunches over frequently in that match) and in front of thousands of Russian fans, and despite being down 0-3 in the third, then she can beat Serena, Kim, anyone the tour has to offer.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #722
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
That match with Kuznetsova was incredible. Petra was under incredible pressure, and you could see it in her body language and facial expressions, yet she kept coming up with great shots. There were some must-hold games in the third set where she hit nothing but service winners and never had to play a second shot.

It's this kind of performance that convinces me that she will continue to come up big in the big tournaments and the marquee matches when there's a lot of pressure. If she can beat an on-fire Sveta while feeling physically uncomfortable (look how she hunches over frequently in that match) and in front of thousands of Russian fans, and despite being down 0-3 in the third, then she can beat Serena, Kim, anyone the tour has to offer.
Amen,Mac,and it's the duplicated feats that encourage me that Petra has that necessary internal strength to be a long-term champion...the Memphis win vs. Venus back in 2008;the USO comeback vs. then-#1 Dinara;the domination of Clijsters in France and then Masha at Wimbledon;the hard-fought YEC triumph and then the Sveta match you mention above.This has happened too many times to be dismissed as flukes or good luck,and she'll likely get even tougher,mentally,as she grows emotionally

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #723
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What's most interesting about that match, besides the great play of Sveta and the up and down swings, was Petra said in an interview after, "my serve wasn't there like it was in my first match, so I decided spin it in and I was prepared to win points on long rallies".

Some people always think of Petra as a brainless ball basher, but don't realize that she actually thinks and adapts, while having a strategy most times.

When she's inform; it's easier to notice and for her to implement. When she's out of form, it's not (cause she doesn't have full mastery and confidence of all her shots/playing styles). People who don't see enough of these Petra Fed Cup type matches (or Petra herself in general), are completely oblivious to all this, of course. Let's hope it continues?

She showed a lot of heart, resiliency, stamina, patience and adaptive ability in this match.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #724
country flag ExtremespeedX

ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

Some people always think of Petra as a brainless ball basher, but don't realize that she actually thinks and adapts, while having a strategy most times.
Only idiots think that Hitting hard doesn't automatically equal brainless ballbasher.
ExtremespeedX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #725
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:

Excellent summary. Couldn't agree more BigMac.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #726
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremespeedX View Post
Only idiots think that Hitting hard doesn't automatically equal brainless ballbasher.
Only the haters are too blind to give her credit as an all-around player. None of the other girls can offer up, or actually use like Petra, such a variety of shots. I also laugh when they say she can't move. Our girl moves plenty well for a lady of her height - and she's getting better at it all the time thanks to her conditioning training. Her mental approach jumped leaps and bounds the last quarter of the season. That was her greatest area of improvement I felt. You almost never see her hanging her head anymore when things get bad. She's a fighter now and a soon to be No.1 ranked champion!

Queen Petra will rule the WTA in 2012!
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #727
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God, we have Wikipedia

Petra Kvitová (Czech pronunciation: [ˈpɛtra ˈkvɪtovaː], English: /kəˈvɪtəvə/; born 8 March 1990) is a Czech professional tennis player. Known for her powerful left-handed shots and variety, she has won seven WTA singles titles. As of 31 October 2011, she is ranked World No. 2
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #728
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Hopman Cup
Sydney
Australian Open
Fed Cup
Week off (no Paris)
Dauhá
Dubaj
2 weeks off
Indian Wells
Miami
Clay season

http://www.sport.cz/clanek/195702-kv...k-ma-plny.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #729
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

not defending Paris? I guess she's aiming for the Wimbledon-Olympic.
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #730
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Planning to win in Melbourne --> no need to defend Paris.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #731
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
not defending Paris?
She'll apply for a late WC if things go badly down under - those are the perks of being a top player. Paris GDF will be happy to oblige, as they'll probably have a shite field again this year.

Just found out that the Fed Cup tie in Stuttgart will be played on hard. Makes even more sense to end up entering Paris GDF after all.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #732
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Hopman Cup
Sydney
Australian Open
Fed Cup
Week off (no Paris)
Dauhá
Dubaj
2 weeks off
Indian Wells
Miami
Clay season

http://www.sport.cz/clanek/195702-kv...k-ma-plny.html
Just read the interview at the link you provided. She is again incredibly humble.

What is your schedule before defending the Wimbledon title?
Hopman Cup, Sydney, Australian Open and then I hope that I will be nominated for Fed Cup.

The most talented Czech player since Martina Hingis, the current world No. 2, the reigning Wimbledon, YEC and Fed Cup champ and she hopes that she will be nominated. Incredible.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #733
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
What is your schedule before defending the Wimbledon title?
Hopman Cup, Sydney, Australian Open and then I hope that I will be nominated for Fed Cup.
the world is waiting for you, go Petra
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #734
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

As a top 10 player she is guaranteed to get a wild-card in any non mandatory tournament next year.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #735
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
not defending Paris? I guess she's aiming for the Wimbledon-Olympic.
aims on bigger tournament in Doha

Nadal Tsonga Soderling Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Krajinovic Rosol
Han ZhangL Zhaos Zhou Wang ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian Lu

Giorgi Jovanovski Szavay Chakvetadze Petkovic Muguruza Duan
Zvonareva Peng Garcia Mladenovic Martic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Robson
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote