Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM   #706
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Great Q&A! hope she does well next year

Really cool she answered my question even though it was not very original

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei

Last edited by GoofyDuck : Dec 21st, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #707
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
@Petronius.

Are all of those smiley faces yours or some are Petra's?

I also liked that very matter of fact answer she gave regarding Berdych and the Hopman Cup ("We’ll see based on our performance at the Hopman Cup").
Each of those smiley faces were made by Petra herself.

LOL, I agree that she didn't respond to your question, but at least she admitted that you were right

I think we were very lucky that she responded - at least partly - to all our questions. Based on my previous experience with these Q&A's, I was smart enough to send the questions one day in advance. They usually follow the First In First Out principle

She usually keeps her answers very short, but it was fun anyway.

I also think that if she has another huge season and her international fanbase grows, it will become unbearable to hold these live chats only in her mother tongue.

Check also the Q&A photos/video posted by Paul !
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM   #708
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I am suprised all of our questions were picked
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM   #709
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for those translations, Petronius.

Interesting read and some great answers.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM   #710
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Wow terrific stuff Petronius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Do you think you would be even a much better player, if you had attended the Bolletieri academy?

Hard to say, I have never been there. Maybe if I attended the academy, I would be out of tennis now (I think she may be referring to her compatriot Nicole).

I am glad that my path has been different.
Amen Amen Amen Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah!

I'm as glad as you Petra that your path has been different!

Of course, I already felt this was true before reading this interview but I must say it feels good to hear something that have been my "pet peeve" for a long time, is now coming from Petra's own mouth that, indeed the tennis she learned in Europe that focused on real/pure tennis skills is superior than the gimmicky Florida school of "scream tennis" philosophy that in an endless quest to replicate Monica Seles's unexpected success, Bolletieri and others in his slipstream have (in my opinion) degenerated the standing of the SPORT that is womens tennis.

But now that Kvitova is in the process of dismantling that tennis philosophy, hopefully by the time she retires she'd have had enough success to completely discredit the doctrine to the point that future players would follow Petra's footsteps rather than any of the screamers (that would be my definition of "saving the wta").

Quote:
EXCELSCIOR’S QUESTION (I modified it a bit for Petra): Petra, what are you doing for getting more quickly into form and reducing the number of errors early in tournaments? You have a stellar record in semifinals and finals so you are probably most vulnerable in early rounds when you are not in top shape. Am I right?

It’s true, but this applies to all the favorites, including Federer. (Gotta love the fact that she already regards herself as one of the favorites and compares herself to Federer!)
Not sure what "favorite" is emphasizing in this context, but the more important and joyous point is that Petra picked Fed rather than (God forbid) Nadal or Djoker

Quote:
VIKAPOWER’S QUESTION: Petra, do you watch other players’ matches (men/women). If yes, which players and do you watch your draw before the start of a tournament?

When I’m at home, I don’t watch tennis at all. When I’m away at tournaments, I sometimes watch tennis during my rest time. Mainly the men’s matches.
Again, it suffices to say that her answer to this question is like music to my ears... and kudos to Vikapower for initiating the question even though she may or may not have dealt with the subject matter before

Last edited by Raiden : Dec 21st, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM   #711
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petronius

Quote:
Do you think you would be even a much better player, if you had attended the Bolletieri academy?

Hard to say, I have never been there. Maybe if I attended the academy, I would be out of tennis now (I think she may be referring to her compatriot Nicole).

I am glad that my path has been different.
Amen Amen Amen Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah!
Originally posted by Jerriy
Quote:
I'm as glad as you Petra that your path has been different!

Of course, I already felt this was true before reading this interview but I must say it feels good to hear something I have sincerely believe-in for a long time, is now coming from Petra's own mouth that, indeed the tennis she learned in Europe that focused on real/pure tennis skills is superior than the gimmicky Florida school of "scream tennis" philosophy that in my opinion has degenerated the standing of womens tennis.

But now that Kvitova is in the process of dismantling that tennis philosophy by her success, hopefully by the time she retires she has enough success to completely discredit the doctrine to the point that future tennis players would follow Petra's footsteps rather than any of the screamers (that would be my definition of "saving the wta").
It's funny you said all this Jerriy. Cause I recall someone telling me earlier this year (after I brought it up to them), that "Petra could never be number one, because all the number one players eventually trained in America at some point in their careers". No Joke. They said that to me! I remember. Lol

Though it may of been mostly true, or made sense at the time, hopefully (like you), Petra can change that notion soon.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #712
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^ Excel, my peeve is not so much that it's "America". I'm not a nationalist. It's just a purely sport-ideological point of view that American, more specifically Floridian school of tennis has been negative in that it had that typical Yank opportunism of Bolletieri & co. to "milk the sucker dry" or "over-exploit" unexpected success: to turn too many little girls into assembly line product of Monica-Seles-clones.

Call it if you will the era of "tennisxploitation" (in the style of Hollywood's wave of sexploitation, blaxploitation... etc).
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM   #713
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jerriy
Quote:
Excel, my peeve is not so much that it's "America". I'm not a nationalist. It's just a purely sport-ideological point of view that American, more specifically Floridian school of tennis has been negative in that it had that typical opportunism of Bolletieri & co to milk or "over-exploit" unexpected success: to turn too many little girls into assembly line product of Monica-Seles-clones.

Call it if you will the era of "tennisxploitation" (in the style of Hollywood's wave of sexploitation, blaxploitation... etc).
No. I see. It's two fold here.

I think the person I spoke with, did mean the Bolleterri school in actuality, since it's the current factory. The irony was, he was European, though still felt that way.

As far as your point; I agree whole heartedly. Many people feel the Bolleteri school, etc., has ruined women's tennis for all the reasons you stated. And yes it's good, that Petra has learned actual tennis skills, kept them, and is learning on how to improve on and integrate them continually, it appears.

Oh. I get it.

She's not just another Bolleteri Baseline Ball Bashing Banshee (nor wants to be)! Lol
Old Dec 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM   #714
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight 21:00 Czech Sport awards 70 minutes

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/1...vec-roku-2011/

http://sport.idnes.cz/budicek-v-sest...90403_tenis_ma
today busy schedule

Last edited by paulmara : Dec 21st, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM   #715
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Today Petra in Manchester

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/spor...y/16292622.stm

she will be in violet

http://sport.idnes.cz/tenisova-kralo...01557_tenis_ma
interview
2012 WTA in Prague not probable
second interview
http://www.sport.cz/clanek/195687-kv...emsky-rok.html
Jozef Ivanko article
http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/pra...-kvitove-9196/
Czech tennis player of the year
http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/kvi...o-kanara-9194/

Last edited by paulmara : Dec 22nd, 2011 at 07:16 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:05 PM   #716
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I don't know if she still feels this way, but historically she liked Sampras, Federer and Agassi.

Those are the players she watched. As she said, Petra's always stated she never liked women's tennis (or tennis in general on TV), except for Martina and those men, when she did watch.
I think this is the reason why some think she may become the dominant WTA player. Learning the best from men and then putting it in practice on the women's circuit

Note: some commentators observed that her FedCup match with Kuznetsova was as good as many men's matches
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:30 PM   #717
country flag Petronius

Thanks for your insight Jerriy, it was a very interesting read

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Not sure what "favorite" is emphasizing in this context, but the more important and joyous point is that Petra picked Fed rather than (God forbid) Nadal or Djoker.
In this context, it meant players considered likely to win. However, in Petra's case it actually had the other meaning as well, with Roger being one of her personal favorites.
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #718
country flag ExtremespeedX

ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold

I would be very disappointed if Petra named Nadal or Faker as one of her favorites. Both Fed and Sampras have way more class, game and are better champions with more talent.
ExtremespeedX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #719
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I think this is the reason why some think she may become the dominant WTA player. Learning the best from men and then putting it in practice on the women's circuit

Note: some commentators observed that her FedCup match with Kuznetsova was as good as many men's matches
At last someone has notice something in this match.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #720
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmachine View Post
At last someone has notice something in this match.
Funny (but true)! Great match!

And for Cordswant (I hope I spelled it right); I know you didn't see the full Jankovic or Kuznetsova match. A decent portion of Petra vs Kuznetsova is on Youtube right now.

I think it's titled "Fed Cup 1 and Fed Cup 2". It's not the entire match match. But it's a good portion of it (45 min), particularly during key stretches. You'll know you stumbled on the right thing, when you see Japanese writing. They show the Kirilenko match first (Fed Cup 1). Petra vs Kuznetsova is Fedcup 2. "Ah forget it". "Here it is below!" Lol

Fed Cup 1 http://youtu.be/3kUue2eoW90

Fed Cup 2 http://youtu.be/QMeWXIWD4ZI

The full Jankovitch from Linz is also on via PetraKvitovasfanclub. The video quality is not that good (and it's in 10 parts). But if you need to watch it/get your Petra fix before next year, feel free.

http://youtu.be/IbRaVWqA9rs

Oh. And Happy Holidays Everybody!!