Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #631
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
nice find, Ex

yesterday I noticed someone uploaded the full match of Wimbledon final in HD, but I'm not a fan of that particular match myself

speaking of Sam Smith, it reminds me of the Kvitova/Stosur clash at Rod Laver this year, with Sam Smith and Rennae Stubbs commentating on Channel 7, still my favorite
Thanks.

Yeah. PetraKvitovaFanClub had recently uploaded both the Mayr (forgot the rest of her name) and Dannie Hantuchova match. As far as I know, they're the only full matches on YouTube from Linz (like so many of their other matches). Hopefully, they'll put up more from Linz, etc., soon?

I agree with you. The Masha match, is not my favorite Wimbledon one either. Out of the 7 Wimby matches Petra played; it's probably #6, right in front of the Alexa Glatch, first rd match in enjoyment.

Nonetheless, thanks for the tip on the new HD full Masha match. I'm sure I'll take a look at it, and get a feel, if I got the tolerance and/or the inclination to sit through the whole match. If not, maybe I'll watch Petra vs Roberta Vinci, on PetraTheWimbyQueen on Youtube again? I noticed I get bored quicker, when their not in English. Lol

Yeah. I had re-watched that full Stosur vs Kvitova match recently on the PetraKvitova You tube channel, and noticed Renee Stubbs. She's much better as the third person. She talked and recklessly speculated too damn much during the YEC, particularly from the third match on. Yes. Sam Smith; is always lovely. What a pleasant surprise to hear her voice. I had only viewed the match previously on ESPN, with different, UN-knowledgeable American ESPN broadcasters. Lol

PS: Renee should of knew/remembered Petra's game, from watching that Australian Open match. She said some crazy things during The YEC (though she picked Petra to win), till she noticed the variety, change of pace, improved foot speed and stamina, etc., that Petra displayed this year and at the YEC.

I also saw the Li Na, Petra Madrid Match again. And though it wasn't the smoothest Petra match ever; she absolutely hit the SHEET out that ball, from all over the place. She served great to. I'm convinced through Madrid and Roland Garros (barring injury or meltdown) Petra will be one of THE favorites at the French Open crown this spring. No doubt!

I hope that covers it all. Lol
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #632
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Rennae Stubbs is a phony blabbermouth who might be very jealous not only of more-respected Singles champs like Petra...but also the cold,hard truth that all her Dubs titles will be forgotten by hordes of casual fans who'll more easily remember title-less Cover Girls.She seems to hope that,if she uses enough words,she'll be considered special by virtue of sheer volume......Fortunately,Petra doesn't need her dog-faced affirmation

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS

Last edited by James : Dec 17th, 2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Removed offensive term
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:52 AM   #633
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Thanks.

Yeah. PetraKvitovaFanClub had recently uploaded both the Mayr (forgot the rest of her name)

PS: Renee should of knew/remembered Petra's game, from watching that Australian Open match. She said some crazy things during The YEC (though she picked Petra to win), till she noticed the variety, change of pace, improved foot speed and stamina, etc., that Petra displayed this year and at the YEC.

I hope that covers it all. Lol
Mayr-Achleitner, FYI

I will definitely skip Rennae in my future post here in fact she did not talk much about Petra in that AO match, but you're right, bit unbearable at YEC (alongside Katrina Adams, World Feed really disappoints this year)

yeah, that's pretty much it, all her amazing 2011

Last edited by TimeyWimey : Dec 15th, 2011 at 04:00 AM.
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #634
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Was meaning to say this earlier but forgot....Petra shouldn't waste her time making negative declarations such that her bf isn't after her fame and money.It's an undeniable fact that he was with her when she was still unknown to many casual tennis fans,so there's no intelligent reason for anyone to assert that he's a golddigger...which means that Petra,by her own words,is almost creating a story that doesn't exist.She shouldn't expend any energy defending her bf if no one with common sense is attacking him.There'll always be at least some haters,Petra;as long as they physically keep their distance,don't sweat those bastards

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #635
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

There are 2 groups interested in switching May’s WTA tournament from Brussels to Prague.

First: CLTK tennis club and Kovarčík
Second: Česká sportovní (Petra´s marketing group)

Octagon Marketing Group (Brussels) already asked.

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...ta-belgii.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #636
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Reyesjzz

Thanks for mentioning that new Full HD Sharapova vs Kvitova, Wimbledon match.

Yes, I mentioned it wasn't my favorite Wimbledon match, as far as pure enjoyment. That's true.

But this match, pregame, post game, etc., was excellent. It's funny how much you like a match more, when it's in clear, large Hi Def, with English speaking broadcasters and good production/editing. Lol

This match was uploaded by TopTennisHighlights and TennisTubeYou, to name a few. One is 1:41:18, the other is 1 hr 45 min+.

As much as I love PetraKvitovaFanClub videos, they usually upload in 3-10 videos. This match was just one 1 hr 41 min, HD quality video. And the broadcasters, were the ones I've seen the least do this game (though I've seen it a couple of times with them); Ted Robbins and Mary Carillo. Interesting.

Yeah. It's always interesting when you watch a full match, when you haven't seen it in a while. You always pick up, see and hear new stuff from the broadcasters and the match, that you didn't notice the previous times (no matter how often you watched the match or broadcast). You either didn't notice it; cared, or you forget. Lol

Though she only had one ace, Petra served better than I gave her credit for in that match (probably cause of those couple of wicked service winners she let Sharpie hit off of her second serve, along with the one ace total). I always knew Petra had a lot of service unreturnables (as opposed to aces) herself, but Sharapova really couldn't do much with Petra's serve all match. The irony is, Petra could of served better. But it's understandable, considering the setting, the match and the opponent.

Nice Upload, tip.

PS: As we all know, Petra could of won that match 6-3 6-2, and probably should of won it 6-3 6-3, if not for missing those 3 easy sitters, on 2 consecutive service games (and broken) in the second set.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #637
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
You getting very tired of being attacked, not having tennis to watch, or both?

So try some of the full matches (unless you watched those to) on PetraKvitova'sFanClub on Youtube?

A lot of times, when you watch the full matches, you get a different perspective (if you have the time, patience and can stay awake), than by just watching the highlights.

I actually was pleasantly surprised for example, how well Petra played (even in the second set that she lost 6-2), against Serena at Wimbledon last year.
Thanks Excelsior. I've seen most of those matches live, but I haven't seen the full Serena match I'm a bad fan

I'm tired of no tennis. The attacks and the Wozniacki trolls of GM (not all Wozniacki fans obviously) actually amuse me. Off-season would be even more boring without them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Do you really feel that we're,as a country,bigger tennis fans than Spaniards?Unless it's a Slam or one of our two tourneys,TV coverage is virtually non-existent here(it's either web feed or satellite dish).You may have been joking somewhat about Pavs and Monterrey--sure,she's a good young player but she's still often erratic and I don't think that Petra should fear her,really.You realize,too,that they are different surfaces,don't you?(Monterrey being hardcourt and Acapulco red clay)Like I said,it's hard to imagine Petra's ever coming here aside from a vacation,but maybe she'll surprise us
Well, tennis gets more attention here because we have good male players and because we have a PM event. So yes, there's more TV coverage and many people attend ATP matches when they involve the top players. What I meant is, stands are still awfully empty for the WTA matches, for it being a PM tournament. It's almost as embarrassing as Beijing

I've watched videos of Monterrey, and at least people seemed to be into it. They seemed to be entertained. They were cheering. I think that, for a country that invests that much money on tennis, interest/attendance on WTA matches is very low in Spain. It is low compared to many places IMHO.

Regarding Pavs Of course Petra shoudn't fear her at this point. I said I'd rather Petra went to Acapulco, because I like Pavs and I don't want her to lose in Monterrey, the only tournament she seems to have a chance of winning

Last edited by Coconut91 : Dec 15th, 2011 at 06:08 PM.
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #638
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut91 View Post
Thanks Excelsior. I've seen most of those matches live, but I haven't seen the full Serena match I'm a bad fan

I'm tired of no tennis. The attacks and the Wozniacki trolls of GM (not all Wozniacki fans obviously) actually amuse me. Off-season would be even more boring without them
No. You're not a bad fan. It took me forever to finally re-watch the full Serena vs Kvitova match from last year, as well. And that only happened, cause we were in the boring tennis off season (plus THE NBA was still in a lockout and there were no American Football games that night), and I managed to stay up to watch the entire match, despite nodding off several times. Yeah. It's tough! Lol

Agreed. Off season, would be boring with out them, indeed. One by one, it seems every poster, no matter how unbiased in the past or present, is being labeled with the title "HATER" by her fanatics, if/when they offer any criticism or fair analysis of her.

The latest one is BOBITO. No matter how much he/she tries to defend themselves, Bobito's been added to the TROLL/HATER list by her Stans this week.

It's been amusing reading, indeed. Lol
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #639
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut91 View Post
Well, tennis gets more attention here because we have good male players and because we have a PM event. So yes, there's more TV coverage and many people attend ATP matches when they involve the top players. What I meant is, stands are still awfully empty for the WTA matches, for it being a PM tournament. It's almost as embarrassing as Beijing

I've watched videos of Monterrey, and at least people seemed to be into it. They seemed to be entertained. They were cheering. I think that, for a country that invests that much money on tennis, interest/attendance on WTA matches is very low in Spain. It is low compared to many places IMHO.

Regarding Pavs Of course Petra shoudn't fear her at this point. I said I'd rather Petra went to Acapulco, because I like Pavs and I don't want her to lose in Monterrey, the only tournament she seems to have a chance of winning
Well,you know your country much better,of course,but maybe things will improve if another Arantxa comes along;your current best,AMG and MJMS,are obviously several notches below that.Our fans who attend are pretty hardcore types who have fewer chances to enjoy top-notch tennis since our developmental program sucks

I'm glad that things are starting to turn around for Petra's people in CR because it's embarrassing when a country with such rich tradition like the UK becomes a tennis joke

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #640
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra Kvitova to her Laureus nomination: "To get to the Laureus award nomination is an honour for me. I am realy happy. It is an amazing feeling to be in the same group with other great champions. As Czech Republic have had so many succesfull sportsmen in the past it is a surprise for me that I am the first Czech. Really great feeling."
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #641
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all tennis fans,

Just off the phone with Mr. Ostarek, organizer of the Czech Extraleague.

Both Caro and Kvitty are on the roster of the TK Agrofert Prostějov team and, according to the latest info, there is a very good chance both of them will play.

It is largely expected that the Prostějov team will make it to the finals (they also have the ATP No. 7 Berdych on the roster). It is even possible that Caro and Kvitty will appear in the semifinals on December 18 and 19 (not sure now).

The final match will be covered live on Tuesday, December 20 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Central European Time. Live coverage will be available on the Czech sports channel CT4.

Link: http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ct4/zive-vysilani/

However, I am not sure whether the channel is accessible from outside the Czech Republic (you can try it, there's some biathlon event now). Perhaps some computer expert will help?

Maybe there will also be some internet streams. Mr. Ostarek promised to update the Czech extraleague website: http://www.tenisovaextraliga.cz/?id1=1 (there's also the Live Score section)

Still don't know the exact schedule of matches, because team captains can change the lineup even 30 minutes before the match.

Women's roster of TK Agrofert Prostějov:

1. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark, WTA No. 1)

2. Petra Kvitová (CZ, 2)

3. Lucie Šafářová (CZ, 25)

4. Petra Cetkovská (CZ, 31)

5. Barbora Krejčíková (CZ, 871)

That's all for now.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #642
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post

However, I am not sure whether the channel is accessible from outside the Czech Republic (you can try it, there's some biathlon event now). Perhaps some computer expert will help?
This content is not available at your territory due to limited copyright.
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #643
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
This content is not available at your territory due to limited copyright.
Just sent an e-mail to Czech TV's webmaster. Hope they respond soon.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #644
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra Kvitova to her Laureus nomination: "To get to the Laureus award nomination is an honour for me. I am realy happy. It is an amazing feeling to be in the same group with other great champions. As Czech Republic have had so many succesfull sportsmen in the past it is a surprise for me that I am the first Czech. Really great feeling."
It sounds ridiculous that no Czech had ever been nominated,so that leads me back to the belief that the Laureus aren't all that old....Still,good luck to Petra

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #645
country flag Excelscior

To my knowledge Martina has been nominated for the Laureus award in the past. I had seen her comment on it the other day (her nomination), on a random Internet search.