Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #601
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Winning a 'golden slam' would pretty much be a signature year for Petra or ANY player,even an established legend
To explain myself, I obviously meant best years in terms of the quality of play and not necessarily the results. With Serena, Venus and Kim retired in the 2013-2017 period and Petra hopefully continuing to improve, this is shaping up to be her best years.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #602
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
But Pironkva could be a tough first match for her. Oh. I forgot; it's not Grass!!
And more importantly: It is INDOORS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
At the risk of being morbid,I fear that 18 Majors is either dead or incarcerated...he couldn't have done anything to get banned cuz his inoffensive posts were always less than 10 words.Seriously,though,I hope that--wherever he is--he enjoyed Petra's Wimbledon and YEC triumphs
It's true, what happened to 18majors? He believed in Petra and had such an unique style
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 05:09 AM   #603
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut91 View Post
It's true, what happened to 18majors? He believed in Petra and had such an unique style
Yeah,he never seemed braggadocious with his bold predictions;it always came across as simple,loyal fanship...and he didn't jump on the 'Petra Bandwagon' after it became trendy.In an odd contrast,he disappeared right when Petra gave us every reason to celebrate together by reaching excellent,unforgettable heights

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 05:09 AM   #604
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

18 majors was too hilarious.

I was always too polite to ask him/her to SHUT UP with their horrible litany of optimistic, turned train wreck Petra predictions. I'm laughing now as I think about it. Lol.

I guess that was right around Post Wimby Slump time, ha? Yeah. They were hilarious!

What timing. A true legend.

Funny.

I had a poster named KBlade attack me on GM, cause I dared mention that Petra played Serena better off the ground in 2010 Wimby (which other people concurred).

KBlade promptly attacks me, but doesn't address any point I made, though makes up his/her own; while freely admitting he/she never watched the match (which I clearly noticed), and only saw highlights. Mmmhh?

At that point, I said "I'm done with you. Go watch the full match, then get back to me", then he/she gets mad at me, and starts making insults. Mind you; this person had done this to me before. This time they had even less facts, didn't understand the conversation and butted into a cordial/fun direct discussion with another poster.

Only on GM. I love it when people try to critique Petra's game or attack it vs the Williams sisters especially, but many of them obviously have no clue what their talking about, regarding Petra's game. Why do they always do that? Just ask or speak open minded.

SMH

Can't wait till tennis comes back, so most of us can go back to our sub forums or television sets/streams, and not be attacked by bored, crazed GM zealots.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #605
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
To explain myself, I obviously meant best years in terms of the quality of play and not necessarily the results. With Serena, Venus and Kim retired in the 2013-2017 period and Petra hopefully continuing to improve, this is shaping up to be her best years.
Yeah,I was just messing with you a little;we'd all prefer Petra to have sustained greatness instead of just one great season...no matter HOW great

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #606
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey Petronius.

I saw you get attacked on several recent GM threads that you started. Lol.

Keep something in mind (from my observations).

When you're new, and you post/ask something about Petra now, some people will be jealous, if it's not actual current events or news. But even so, some people promise to be obnoxious, even when most responders are not, when you start a Petra thread.

When I first officially joined here, Petra had just beat Martha at Wimby, so all the Martha fans were attacking Petra, me and other Petra posters on GM. So they all thought I hated Martha, and so much so, they actually thought I was another poster in disguise that did. Mind you, I never said anything negative about Masha, or picked on her after a bad loss. I just gave reasons why Petra was better in the Wimby final, the entire tournament and in 2011. Hilarious. Now once they realized that Petra was/is actually good/legitimate; they stopped attacking Petra and her posters. How ironic/timely? Huh?

Now because of what's happened both to our #1 ranked Great Dane, and our # 2 ranked Czech Lioness clipping at her heels, her fans starting attacking Petra and are extremely jealous. Now it's a similar situation to Masha, post Wimby (except the Dane's fans appear much more paranoid and personal). So now I'm accused of hating our number one (though it was her fans that constantly attack us and Petra, and continue to wish her to do poorly) now. Who cares about that stuff, actually!? Equally Hilarious. See the pattern?

I'm sure they're fans of others, who feel the same (including Serena of course); whether they openly declare their fave or not. Get the picture (as childish as all this sounds)?

So I feel for you (ala Chaka Khan). Because I know a lot of time you're writing post, just to create dialogue and have something to talk about (especially being new, and in the boring off season); but then some posters attack or make fun of it; cause they're not interested in actual dialogue. They appear to take it all very personal. Where's the fun?

Oh well. Don't pay attention to them. Just keep doing what you wanna do. I'm sure you'll make the necessary adjustments (if any) when applicable. I did. Lol.

It's all good.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 06:08 AM   #607
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Btw,what kind of recognition does Madrid champ Petra usually get in Spain from tennis writers??

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #608
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Prague: Possible future WTA stop

Sorry if this has already been posted. Quickly checked and didn't see it anywhere.

http://www.ceskapozice.cz/en/news/so...rnament-prague

I hope this becomes reality!!!!!!

Petra is the best!!!
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #609
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
I think this event is actually quite innocent.
The background is that a small ice hockey club located in the city of Poprad in Slovakia's highest mountains has joined - as the first non-Russian club - the Russian ice hockey league (KHL)which has ambitions to compete with the North American NHL. As a tourist resort, the city of Poprad and the club want to get as much publicity as possible. By coincidence, the Wimbledon queen and the best female tennis player in the world is simultaneously practicing at a nearby hotel in the very same mountain resort

JMHO of course.

Funny comments on Karel Gott! I actually switched off the final part of the Prostějov celebration video when he came on the stage starting his boilerplate speech

Hi Petronius.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your info. I was happy to read it and feel better about it now. I think her actions were innocent like you said. Glad to see Cernosek not abusing her.

QPF
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #610
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Congratz Petra for winning POTY and ITF Champion this year
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #611
country flag bruce goose

Re: Prague: Possible future WTA stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted. Quickly checked and didn't see it anywhere.

Petra is the best!!!
Indeed,the people there need to support the tourney strongly,but it only seems right that Petra and her countryfolk would have something good in Prague

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #612
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Prague: Possible future WTA stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post

Petra is the best!!!
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #613
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

2011 ITF World Champions
Kvitova said: “I will cherish this award, which is the cherry on top of a wonderful year in which I managed to win Wimbledon, the WTA Championships, and together with the Czech team the Fed Cup. It was a dream year and something I will never forget.”

http://beta.itftennis.com/about/news...champions.aspx
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #614
country flag bruce goose

It's polite of Petra to say that...but really...she already knew that she was POTY in other votes so it's a little anticlimactic for the ITF to announce these decisions now--so close to Christmas--with the 2012 season just around the corner......Still,if she truly enjoyed getting that award,all the better

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #615
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra: I´m lucky with love. He doesn´t love me because of Wimbledon.

http://revue.idnes.cz/v-lasce-mam-st...11_lidicky_ved
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote