Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #571
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

WTF? Becker a lefty??
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #572
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
WTF? Becker a lefty??
You are correct, the guys from this TV channel (it's a tabloid channel, not very reliable) made a mistake. Unfortunately, in the video it can't be heard what Becker actually said, his voice is overdubbed.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #573
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Laureus Sportswoman Award But I think she should get the breakthrough award more (is there any award of this?). her results are not too consistent to be Sportswoman of the Year, plus she isn't the #1, so it won't work well for her. But hopefully the former tennis players committee members will still help her.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #574
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Laureus Sportswoman Award But I think she should get the breakthrough award more (is there any award of this?). her results are not too consistent to be Sportswoman of the Year, plus she isn't the #1, so it won't work well for her. But hopefully the former tennis players committee members will still help her.
Yeah.

That's nice, right?

Because of the years of Yani (the Golfer) and another player who's name escapes me, I don't expect Petra to win for this season. I would like to see her make the final six though. As I mentioned, she could make a better case for herself (to make that final six), if she includes the Fed Cup victory in her Bio, and plays on what a miraculous season she had this year, with 3 different major titles. Hopefully, she'll have other chances in the following years with this award.

What I found interesting/ironic (especially in light of the 750+ #1 ranked Player GM thread, with many of her Stans telling TF she had the best year), was that Petra was chosen as the SOLE WTA representative. Makes sense to me. But it's just crazy how some other folks (who will remain nameless) live in a totally different world, when it comes to evaluating who actually had the best season. That was the reason why the thread got so long in the first place. Lol

Go Figure? SMH
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #575
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has a good chance of being nominated as one of top 5/6 players in the Sportswoman of the Year for her impressive results (not looking at the poor ones initially ) One can hope she will eventually win.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #576
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't go back and re-read all the posts,and I don't remember how long the Laureus Awards have been around....I certainly don't recall hearing about them when I was a kid

Anyway,I'll be happy for Petra if she wins but it won't seem so terrible if she DOESN'T...unless she has mentioned the award as one of her main career goals...which is hard to imagine.Petra will continue to get plenty of recognition for her tennis accomplishments,and she'll earn that just as she did this season

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #577
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As another WTA season ends and another one fast-approaches, skysports.com caught up with a few of the stars of the tour to see how they relax during the 'off-season'.

Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova

Q: Have you managed to relax and enjoy some time off?

PK: It was really tough for me first the week after the Fed Cup Final as I had a lot of social duties, photo shoots and official dates with some VIPs, sponsors and even with the Czech prime minister. The following week I was with my boyfriend, Adam (Pavlasek), for his last tournament of the season as "his coach" - he was with me as a coach in Linz where I won. He managed to reach the semi-finals and jumped more than 400 places in the rankings - now already under 1000 in ATP Rankings - so we have had good success "coaching" each other! And last week we went for a short relaxing holiday in an Austrian Spa because I did not want even to hear about flying anywhere.

Q: You must be in the middle of your pre-season training by now, can you tell me about your daily regime?

PK: After a TV music award event on November 27, I left for the new season preparation in the mountains - High Tatras in Slovakia - where we started on Sunday morning with high altitude training - climbing, running, gym, massage, stretching etc. It means starting every morning and finishing late afternoon and after dinner I just fall into bed to relax and sleep to be ready to start again the next morning with the same routine. The whole body suffers, but I like it...

Q: What other activities, aside from tennis, have you been doing?

PK: I will not touch my rackets at least till next week when we start slowly with my coach to combine high altitude preparation and the first touch and feeling of new racket and balls. We are also playing a lot of different games with balls like basketball, volleyball, football tennis - a special game where a small ball is played over low net by legs/feet and head etc.

Q: What are you most looking forward to about the 2012 season?

PK: To prove that I am able to play at a high level during the whole season with concentration on Wimbledon and Olympics - it is something special for me as you can have it only once in your lifetime - plus I get to play on grass within one month at the place which I love so much!
Source: http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/new...come-the-girls
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #578
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q: What are you most looking forward to about the 2012 season?

PK: To prove that I am able to play at a high level during the whole season with concentration on Wimbledon and Olympics - it is something special for me as you can have it only once in your lifetime - plus I get to play on grass within one month at the place which I love so much!
Wow!

I love that answer.

I can hear/feel the defiance and simultaneous warm, fuzzy feelings and outlook!!

I'm all for a Golden Slam (and more tier 1, premier wins)!!

Go Petra.

I hope coaching your "Ahem" boyfriend, showed you a different perspective on the game, as well?

Thanks Yazoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #579
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well,Petra,your bf is doing a much better job of coaching than YOU are,considering that YOU are a Slam champ who's about to crack #1 and your bf has merely broken the top 1000 in the weak-ass ATP.......which basically has three worthy players and a bunch of punk swishes who serve as crash-test dummies/bitches for that lonely trio of champions...but,still,good luck to both of you,Petra

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #580
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,Petra,your bf is doing a much better job of coaching than YOU are,considering that YOU are a Slam champ who's about to crack #1 and your bf has merely broken the top 1000 in the weak-ass ATP.......which basically has three worthy players and a bunch of punk swishes who serve as crash-test dummies/bitches for that lonely trio of champions...but,still,good luck to both of you,Petra
You probably forgot that he is about 8 or 9 years younger than Petra so I think it's a nice achievement to break into the TOP 1000 at thirteen years of age

Kidding.
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #581
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
You probably forgot that he is about 8 or 9 years younger than Petra at thirteen years of age

Kidding.

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #582
country flag Petronius

Quote:
We are also playing a lot of different games with balls like basketball, volleyball, football tennis - a special game where a small ball is played over low net by legs/feet and head etc.
This game is immensely popular in CZ and Wikipedia even says that the first-ever match was played in 1922 in Prague. We call it "nohejbal"("noha" = "foot")

It's a lot of fun, but it is very rarely played by women. Thus, it's kind of interesting that Petra plays it. It must be much more difficult with a tennis ball!

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #583
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like it would totally give you ripped legs. Of course, Petra has the nicest pair on the WTA tour.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #584
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of

I love that she's doing all this physical training. It will improve her movement, and that is a scary prospect for the poor souls of the WTA tour.
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #585
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasapacasa View Post
I love that she's doing all this physical training. It will improve her movement, and that is a scary prospect for the poor souls of the WTA tour.
I want Petra to absolutely demolish WTA next year! WTA bitches need to be punished!

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote