Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #556
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

ďIím really looking forward to playing there for the first time,Ē Kvitova said.

ďIíve never been to Sydney before and everyone tells me it is such a beautiful city so I canít wait to get there and see the harbour and the stunning beaches.

http://www.apiainternational.com.au/...eads-to-sydney
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #557
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't she play Czech Extraleaugue next week?

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #558
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Prostějov is seeded and they play in week 19-25 I think
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #559
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
ďIíve never been to Sydney before and everyone tells me it is such a beautiful city so I canít wait to get there and see the harbour and the stunning beaches.
That's fine,Petra---just don't spend every waking moment chasing some sleazy,dime-a-dozen Aussie playboy while completely,100% neglecting your physical training or practice time(won't name any names...)

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #560
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

http://korzar.sme.sk/c/6168059/kvito...-stromcek.html

The latest interview published today on a Slovak newssite. Very long, interesting and personal: on asthma, skiing, losses, standing ovation during music awards, No. 1 spot, publicity, money, tabloids, boyfriend, Christmas, etc.

If there is sufficient interest, most interesting excerpts may be translated by me or Paulmara (?). If not, just wait for her tennis in January
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #561
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Petra Only WTA Player to Be Nominated For Prestigious 2012 Laureus Sportswoman Of The Year Award

I'm Not sure if you guys posted this already (so I apologize in advance if it has), but Petra is one of the current 13 nominees. It gets whittled down to 6 on Dec 15. They announce the winner next year in London, February 6th. I hope Petra makes the short list. It's a prestigious award. And Yes; Petra's was the only picture they provided. This is from their Official Website.

LONDON, December 1, 2011 - Homare Sawa and Yani Tseng, two amazing sport stars from the Far East, are among the favourites to be nominated for the 2012 Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year Award, along with a clutch of gold medal winners from the World Athletics Championships in Daegu.

The Laureus World Sports Awards is recognised as the premier honours event in the international sporting calendar and the Awards Ceremony provides a high profile focus as stars of the sporting world come together to salute the finest sportsmen and sportswomen of the year. The winners will be unveiled during a globally televised Awards Ceremony in London on Monday, February 6.

Proceeds from the Laureus World Sports Awards directly benefit and underpin the work of the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, which supports 89 community sports projects around the world that have helped to improve the lives of more than one-and-a-half million young people.

In July 2011, Homare Sawa captained Japan to its first ever FIFA Women's World Cup with victory over the United States in a penalty shootout. In addition, she was awarded the Golden Boot for being the tournament's leading scorer, with five goals, and the Golden Ball for being the top player. Long considered Japan's finest female footballer, she made her international debut at 15 and has played more than 170 times for Japan, scoring 80 goals.

Taiwan's Yani Tseng, at 22, has enjoyed one of the most amazing years in the history of women's golf. By the end of October, she had ten wins, including two Major Championships - the Wegmans LPGA Championship and the Ricoh British Open - and had amassed prize money of US$2.8 million, twice the winnings of Christie Kerr in second place on the money list. She finished in the top ten 13 times in the 20 tournaments she had played at that time.

The World Athletics Championships in Daegu in August have produced several strong contenders for nomination for the Laureus Sportswoman Award. THE most impressive candidate is Kenya's Vivian Cheruiyot, who established herself as one of the great distance runners of this generation after winning the 5,000 metres and 10,000 metres gold medals. Earlier in the year, Cheruiyot won the World Cross-Country Championship in Punta Umbria in Spain.

Also in Daegu, Carmelita Jeter became the fastest woman in the world when she won the blue riband 100 metres gold medal. She also won gold in the 4 x 100 metres relay and silver in the 200 metres. Currently she holds three of the top ten times ever run, while Veronica Campbell-Brown, one of the current group of outstanding Jamaican sprinters, at last won the 200 metres gold medal after three unsuccessful attempts. She also won silver medals in the 100 metres and 4 x 100 metres relay.

In the heptathlon, Russia's Tatyana Chernova got the better of British rival Jessica Ennis and took the gold medal. Chernova equalled her personal best in the 200 metres and the 100 metres hurdles and set a new best in the shot putt, winning the title with a new personal best of 6,880 points. New Zealand's Valerie Adams, indisputably the greatest female shot-putter in the world, won her third straight world title, after also winning in Osaka in 2007 and Berlin in 2009.

The Czech Republic's Petra Kvitova, at 21, beat Maria Sharapova in straight sets to win Wimbledon, her first ever Grand Slam, becoming the first Grand Slam winner born in the 1990s. As 8th seed, she beat Alexa Glatch, Anne Keothavong, Roberta Vinci, Yanina Wickmayer, Tsvetana Pironkova and Victoria Azarenka on her way to the final. The other significant highlight of her year came in October when she won the WTA Championships in Istanbul, defeating Victoria Azarenka in three sets.

In winter sports, the incredible Marit BjÝrgen won four gold medals and one silver at the World Nordic Championships at Holmenkollen in her native Norway. She is the most successful sprinter in cross-country World Cup history. At Holmenkollen, she won the Sprint, the 10km Classic, the 15km Pursuit and the 4 x 5km relay. In Alpine skiing, Germany's Maria HŲfl-Riesch won the overall Alpine World Cup for the first time. During the year, HŲfl-Riesch won seven times to beat her great rival Lindsey Vonn.

Australia's Anna Meares won three gold medals in the World Track Cycling Championships in Holland, winning each of the sprint disciplines - Keirin, Team Sprint and Individual Sprint. In 2008, Meares suffered a bad accident at the World Cup when she broke her neck, but she fought back and qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where she won a silver medal in the Individual Sprint.

Two British athletes dominated the triathlon in 2011. Chrissie Wellington won her fourth Ironman Triathlon World Championship in five years, despite racing in Hawaii with a torn muscle after a bike crash two weeks earlier. Helen Jenkins won her second World Triathlon Championship after finishing runner-up in the season-ending Grand Final in Beijing. It was a third second place in the seven-race series for Jenkins, who won only once, in London, over the 2012 Olympic course in Hyde Park.

The Laureus World Sports Awards, which recognise sporting achievement during 2011, are the premier honours on the international sporting calendar. The names of the six Nominees for the Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year Award, as voted by the Laureus Media Selection Panel, will be announced on December 15. The eventual winner will then be chosen by the 47 members of the Laureus World Sports Academy, the living legends of sport honouring the greatest athletes of today.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #562
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
If there is sufficient interest, most interesting excerpts may be translated by me or Paulmara (?). If not, just wait for her tennis in January
You can decide if it's worthwhile,Petronius,but it would probably be a lot better if YOU did the translation.Paul can handle the language issue just fine...plus he's a decent fellow and a devoted Petra fan but,if he overdoes it on the Magic Mushrooms again,we might get supposedly-pure Petra quotes interrupted by random outbursts and,possibly,equally-random accompanying photos:

Petra(at least partly) :"Yes,it was a real honor for me to win Wimbledon and bring tennis glory to my home country,the Czech Republic,again--GARLIC MAKES MY FEET STINK!!!--and it was great to finish the season in a strong way by winning the title in Istanbul against such tough competition--I'VE GOT LITTLE ELVES DOING GYMNASTICS UNDER MY ARMPITS!!!--to give me some momentum heading into the 2012 season.".......And we don't want Petra to think that we're misquoting her on purpose

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #563
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

PS: Regarding The Laureus Award:

I do think they can include Petra leading the Czech Republic to the Fed Cup in her bio; plus maybe her winning percentage and victories over top 10 opponents, to help bolster her candidacy (who ever is doing/providing that for her).
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #564
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
'The three times I've got to the second round, I've lost to the eventual champion – Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova and Petra Kvitova. So I'm a good person to play in the second round.

'Kvitova was a joke this year – her game is perfectly suited to the grass and if she doesn't keep winning it over the next few years, it would be a big surprise'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...#ixzz1fgXaNd00
British Tennis Player, Anne Keothavong discussing playing Petra Kvitova there this year and her luck on the grass at Wimbledon, with a British Daily Mail reporter, Dec 1, 2011.
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #565
country flag paulmara

Part 2
Successful athletes are presented as role models. They are driving expensive cars, wearing designed clothes, living in luxury.
Isnīt it wrong?
Maybe yes, but that is the world. But only an athlete can imagine what someone more succesfull have to do and hold out. So he can choose his car or house of his dreams. People donīt want to listen, how much pain and self-denial is hiding behind it . And in individual sport it counts twice. Nothing against football, it is sport number 1, but playing for youself is also not easy.

On money : Iīm glad to my father that I finished high school. I wanted stop and finished it later.

College, your tennis Academy : too soon

Tennis idols : Navratilova … I followed MečŪř from Slovakia

On Christmas :
I have all presents. I like shopping like every women. Especially for others. Iīm glad I donīt have to buy in the last moment. Iīm looking forward to Christmas . After all the rush I will spend Christmas in Fulnek . We will talk and give presents, Christmas is wonderful time. Unfortunately it will be short. Iīm flying to Australia on 27th of December.

We have an artificial tree, even that can make you happy. My mother said there is no mess after. I will help her with Christmas dinner. And Iīm looking forward to my favourite fairy tale (Czech). Most important is to be healthy and then come results or not. Believe me I will not dream about winning next Wimbledon at Christmas tree.

December 12 Petra will meet fans in Fulnek Cultural center
http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/ful...ychlejsi-9142/

Last edited by paulmara : Dec 6th, 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #566
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

I need to coordinate more with Paul. I had some free time and translated the first part of the interview and now I see that he already did it. I am posting it anyway, because there is some additional insight:

Petra what about you and the mountains? Have you ever skied?
The mountains are an ideal place for preparation for the next season. I suffer from asthma and even though I have very good medicines I am tremendously helped by hiking tours across the Tatra mountains. Itís no wonder that there are so many sanatoriums for people who have similar problems like me. However, I have almost zero skiing experience, because I am afraid of injury.

You have had a dream season. Arenít you a bit afraid that, after so many achievements, a rapid fall may come?
To be honest, I am not thinking about this at all. I am enjoying the results I have achieved and I am getting ready for the next season. Sure tennis is a sport and you need luck. Sometimes youíre extremely lucky, sometimes you have no luck at all. Maybe If I had been luckier, my season could have been even more successful. (Could she be talking about Rolland Garros?) But I donít want to push my luck, cause Iíve achieved almost everything I dreamt about.

On the standing ovation during Czech music awards:
I was looking forward to the ceremony very much and I was pleasantly surprised by the audienceís reaction. I was really touched by the standing ovation and I will for sure never forget these moments. Itís a pity that I didnít have enough time to get to know some of my favorite musicians.

Tennis experts are tipping that you will be the world No. 1 next season. Is it making you nervous?
No, because being world No. 1 is not my ultimate goal. The gap between the current No.1 and me is 115 points, which is not little. Moreover, there are other players not far behind me, so I just have to keep winning and winning.

You have become a hero for many little kids and young people. Are you aware of that?
Sure. I am slowly realizing that I have to share my world with others. People recognize me, want an autograph, I have obligations to sponsors, etc. Iíve got to admit that I am often overwhelmed by peopleís interest, but I always try to be nice and satisfy everyone. Just the thought that I have become someoneís hero makes me approach everything very responsibly. I would be very glad, if I motivate some kids to pick up a sport and want to be best. Winning fairly is a fantastic feeling.

Arenít you bothered by tabloids?
Every newspaper has its own writing style and, as far as I know, tabloid press has not caused me any damage. I have no problem with tabloids. And I donít mind at all, if anybody asks me about my boyfriend Adam. Weíve been together for a year and we are having a great time.

You met your boyfriend when you were No. 32 in the world and there was no indication of you winning a Wimbledon. Today you are a millionaire... Itís probably better that your boyfriend has been with you through thick and thin, instead of not meeting you until now? In the latter case, his affection may be motivated by other reasons than just love, donít you think?
You are right. And I am really very grateful for the entire year. Adam is a boy of character and I like him very much. He accompanies me everywhere, he is with me here in the Tatra mountains and he is very happy about all the success I have had.
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #567
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

you guys are amazing @Paul and @Petronius, thanks for the translation
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #568
country flag Petronius

Quote:
I'm Not sure if you guys posted this already (so I apologize in advance if it has), but Petra is one of the current 13 nominees. It gets whittled down to 6 on Dec 15. They announce the winner next year in London, February 6th. I hope Petra makes the short list. It's a prestigious award. And Yes; Petra's was the only picture they provided. This is from their Official Website.
Nice find, thanks.
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #569
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
you guys are amazing @Paul and @Petronius, thanks for the translation
Glad to do it for you
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #570
country flag Petronius

The 6-time grand slam champ Boris Becker today in Prague, making comments on Petra while participating in a pocker tournament:

"Like in tennis, it is not the first, but the last ace that matters. You need to be bluffing, using body language and that's what I like," said Becker, comparing poker with tennis.

The 3-time Wimbledon champ continues to follow tennis very closely and admires Petra KvitovŠ. "She is humble. She is not an arrogant starlet and will be world No. 1. She plays hard and is a lefty like me," added Becker, praising the Czech tennis player.

Short video: http://tn.nova.cz/sport/ostatni-spor...li-pokeru.html