Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:09 PM   #541
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,GM is the ideal place to go agitate immature people--it seems designed for that,really.You DO realize,right,that the amount of Petra-haters will only increase if you shove Petra's victories in the faces of the fans of players whom she defeated???Don't get me wrong;I don't care if mindless idiots get offended,but if you don't like the antipathy towards Petra in GM,then you're not helping that situation very much
Thanks for warning, Bruce! Fortunately, there are many intelligent posters in GM (e.g. Bobito, Apoleb etc.) who appreciate this information. Having read carefully the Kvitova/Azarenka final thread, I know there are many other Petra supporters who don't visit this place. I just need to find the Ignore button (is there any such option ?) to get rid of a Dutch troll named Kworb who litters every Petra-related thread with his negative nonsense.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:50 PM   #542
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I just need to find the Ignore button (is there any such option ?) to get rid of a Dutch troll named Kworb who litters every Petra-related thread with his negative nonsense.

it's always a joy to read all her trash
Kworb also created a WTA database which is super awesome, btw
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:22 AM   #543
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for warning, Bruce! Fortunately, there are many intelligent posters in GM (e.g. Bobito, Apoleb etc.) who appreciate this information. Having read carefully the Kvitova/Azarenka final thread, I know there are many other Petra supporters who don't visit this place. I just need to find the Ignore button (is there any such option ?) to get rid of a Dutch troll named Kworb who litters every Petra-related thread with his negative nonsense.
Perhaps your Dutch adversary has chronic Masha-turbation problems and resents Petra for ruining his mood last Wimbledon(btw,I don't dislike her one bit,regardless of how her fans act).

I guess my perspective is a little different: If there were a bar where there were 2 or 3 nice,intelligent folks...along with a bunch of inbred morons....I wouldn't go to the bar just for those 2 or 3 people.I'd invite them to drink at my house or some other bar where the patrons had class...and I wouldn't give a rat's ass what the mental midgets at the slum bar thought of me,my friends,Petra or anything else that was important to me.

Anyway,things seem a lot slower now with no tourneys to follow,so I'll be anxious for more Petra come January

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:57 AM   #544
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post

it's always a joy to read all her trash
Kworb also created a WTA database which is super awesome, btw
LOL, she probably has a dart board with Petra's picture attached to the wall in her Amsterdam apartment

Do you have a link to that database?
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM   #545
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Anyway,things seem a lot slower now with no tourneys to follow,so I'll be anxious for more Petra come January
Petra is also scheduled to play Czech Extraleague with her good friend Caro as early as in December
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 11:22 AM   #546
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

4 more weeks until next tournament, It's too long.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #547
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
LOL, she probably has a dart board with Petra's picture attached to the wall in her Amsterdam apartment

Do you have a link to that database?
http://kworb.net/wta/
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM   #548
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra is also scheduled to play Czech Extraleague-----with her good friend Caro-----as early as in December
Now THERE'S a reference that doesn't get much emphasis here in Petra's thread

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #549
country flag bruce goose

Saw the photo with Petra and her female teammates....Makiri,Lucie S. and Caro.That's ummm.....an attractive quartet.More importantly,let's hope that Petra and crew do well on court

Old Dec 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #550
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
Some of you may remember the infamous tea created this thread earlier in the year, and it was well received with some very interesting results.

Unfortunately tea has since left the forum (R.I.P. tea ) and can no longer post such threads. But fortunately for the rest of us, I am in fact a ghost whisperer. I have been able to communicate with tea and he has given me his blessing to continue the legacy of the thread, and so I give to you the stats for November:

Posters' Dedication Index
Code:
Player                        1st\6th place       2nd\7th place       3rd\8th place       4th\9th place       5th\10th place      
Williams, Serena              bandabou(168)       justineheninfan(157)dsanders06(112)     StephenUK(111)      ChrisWilliams(96)   
                              aloeball(92)        Vikapower(86)       Philbo(83)          doomsday(79)        Veerror(73)         
Sharapova, Maria              bandabou(137)       MashaFan01(134)     doomsday(132)       madmax(125)         dsanders06(119)     
                              Veerror(108)        vozas(94)           Caralenko(93)       reetard(92)         Excelscior(89)      
Kvitova, Petra                Excelscior(179)     mac47(124)          ExtremespeedX(94)   aloeball(90)        pasapacasa(89)      
                              Petronius(87)       Novichok(67)        bobito(63)          justineheninfan(62) bandabou(57)        
Wozniacki, Caroline           ExtremespeedX(152)  goldenlox(149)      dsanders06(121)     Nidal1402(116)      ChagoDoni(114)      
                              Excelscior(108)     CAPRIATI420(104)    Novichok(90)        s_dreamer82(89)     terjw(82)           
Williams, Venus               winone23(159)       justineheninfan(132)Banditoo(114)       rimon(107)          Vikapower(105)      
                              kbw72688(103)       Uranium(91)         AcesHigh(87)        ChrisWilliams(76)   bandabou(71)        
Ivanovic, Ana                 Curtos7(154)        nestor_bgd(134)     Cajka(123)          FlameOn(119)        InsideOut.(110)     
                              Santana Lopez(103)  Hurricane Ana(100)  @danieln1(86)       GameSetAndMatch(75) Yazoo.C(74)         
Henin, Justine                justineheninfan(167)Caralenko(109)      AcesHigh(94)        shap_half(93)       thrust(92)          
                              debby(89)           n1_and_uh_noone(88) ChrisWilliams(71)   rimon(70)           pierce85(67)        
Clijsters, Kim                Sphrontanascier(150)justineheninfan(136)Viennalover(108)    ChrisWilliams(76)   Vikapower(67)       
                              Excelscior(64)      dsanders06(62)      Laura_VeeFan(59)    ExtremespeedX(59)   stromatolite(56)    
Stosur, Samantha              stromatolite(170)   tennisforadults(135)dsanders06(108)     Theodoropen(103)    ZODIAC(95)          
                              justineheninfan(90) Siderophyre(87)     Excelscior(81)      SilverPersian(62)   ExtremespeedX(59)   
Azarenka, Victoria            Vikapower(136)      Excelscior(125)     dsanders06(122)     doomsday(112)       justineheninfan(101)
                              Desuetude(98)       Veerror(93)         ZODIAC(92)          miffedmax(73)       Jechijo(69)         
Jankovic, Jelena              Safe-From-Harm(140) Santana Lopez(125)  dsanders06(103)     Cajka(100)          Caralenko(89)       
                              TZVETI83(82)        vozas(75)           Linguae^(74)        MB.(61)             InsideOut.(58)      
Kuznetsova, Svetlana          justineheninfan(151)Caralenko(112)      Serezha(84)         vozas(74)           goldenlox(65)       
                              dsanders06(63)      Hibari Kyoya(60)    Svetlana)))(57)     bandabou(52)        AcesHigh(50)        
Radwanska, Agnieszka          fede33(145)         Aryman3(122)        SwingVolley93(118)  dsanders06(104)     Excelscior(94)      
                              Santana Lopez(91)   Skyblue101(89)      Cajka(81)           Светльо(75)Otlichno(71)        
Dementieva, Elena             miffedmax(200)      Santana Lopez(56)   Number19(47)        Spring Pools(29)    FlameOn(26)         
                              goldenlox(25)       Cajka(25)           Светльо(23)dsanders06(22)      Otlichno(21)        
Zvonareva, Vera               BepaMaria(131)      Excelscior(105)     dsanders06(78)      AnomyBC(56)         Santana Lopez(49)   
                              stromatolite(48)    lang26(46)          GameSetAndMatch(42) MechWarrior2k(41)   pav(41)             
Petkovic, Andrea              Excelscior(126)     Aryman3(125)        Santana Lopez(103)  JustPetko(96)       matthias(94)        
                              dsanders06(90)      Patrick345(89)      Skyblue101(70)      NA-MUG(68)          Julian.(67)         
Li, Na                        Excelscior(124)     Lin Lin(123)        Potato(121)         Big_Nana(106)       NA-MUG(103)         
                              longtin23(88)       Julian.(66)         dsanders06(63)      Jajaloo(55)         ZODIAC(53)          
Hantuchova, Daniela           Santana Lopez(147)  aMAZE+ingDaniELA(139)Julian.(110)        A-Bond(93)          Sammo(90)           
                              InsideOut.(73)      lang26(54)          Yazoo.C(51)         $uricate(48)        profesorakittens(47)
Safina, Dinara                TZVETI83(132)       justineheninfan(110)aloeball(83)        Galang(82)          JCTennisFan(79)     
                              Cajka(73)           dsanders06(72)      goldenlox(70)       MakarovaFan(67)     Desuetude(62)       
Schiavone, Francesca          ZODIAC(149)         Papillon.(144)      Julian.(136)        Sphrontanascier(118)Jechijo(109)        
                              Shvedbarilescu(107) JCTennisFan(97)     nevetssllim(94)     NA-MUG(82)          Excelscior(80)      
Bartoli, Marion               Sphrontanascier(200)heejin(152)         Tennisfan06(128)    InsideOut.(116)     Paparazzi(104)      
                              Julian.(80)         Excelscior(72)      NA-MUG(67)          FlameOn(61)         dsanders06(53)
Tennis Forum's Player of the Month Award
Code:
  # Player                       # of refs
  1 Williams, Serena                  2374
  2 Sharapova, Maria                  1968
  3 Kvitova, Petra                    1850
  4 Wozniacki, Caroline               1801
  5 Williams, Venus                   1385
  6 Ivanovic, Ana                     1148
  7 Henin, Justine                    1107
  8 Clijsters, Kim                    1032
  9 Stosur, Samantha                   827
 10 Azarenka, Victoria                 785
 11 Jankovic, Jelena                   687
 12 Kuznetsova, Svetlana               537
 13 Radwanska, Agnieszka               470
 14 Dementieva, Elena                  459
 15 Zvonareva, Vera                    430
 16 Petkovic, Andrea                   395
 17 Li, Na                             392
 18 Hantuchova, Daniela                355
 19 Safina, Dinara                     326
 20 Schiavone, Francesca               308
 21 Bartoli, Marion                    305
 22 Pennetta, Flavia                   291
 23 Kirilenko, Maria                   274
 24 Goerges, Julia                     241
 25 Wickmayer, Yanina                  229
 26 Cibulkova, Dominika                229
Most Active Poster of the Month Award
Code:
  # Poster              # of posts 
  1 Светльо             368 (This must be Svetlio - my program struggles with Cyrillic nicknames:p)       
  2 dsanders06          347        
  3 justineheninfan     317        
  4 bandabou            310        
  5 Excelscior          308        
  6 ExtremespeedX       296        
  7 Sammo               275        
  8 dentine             251        
  9 Novichok            209        
 10 Sombrerero loco     202
Thread of the Month Award
Code:
  # Thread                                                                          # of posts 
  1 Will Sharapova do better or worse than in 2011 this coming year?                484        
  2 Which of these top players displayed the worst sportsmanship in her career?     482        
  3 Who're your faves & who do you hate/dislike? | 2011 edition | POST YOUR LISTS!464        
  4 WWW: 07 USO Henin vs. 08 AO Sharapova?                                          343        
  5 True #1 of 2011 : Wozniacki or Kvitova?                                         334        
  6 Venus Williams: I'm planning to going back to top of the rankings.              287        
  7 Who will win, Peak Sharapova vs. Peak Kvitova?                                  274        
  8 Caro makes fun of short people in exho against Domi!(with pics)                 258        
  9 WWW: Peak Hingis VS Peak Venus?                                                 251        
 10 How will Kvitova fare against Serena next year?                                 250
Sweet Couple of the Month Award
Code:
  # Pair                          # of posts
  1 rimon - bandabou              72         
  2 doomsday - bandabou           42         
  3 Novichok - mac47              30         
  4 dsanders06 - Novichok         27         
  5 Matt01 - dsanders06           27         
  6 Novichok - Excelscior         27         
  7 Veerror - doomsday            27         
  8 dsanders06 - AcesHigh         25         
  9 ChagoDoni - Novichok          25         
 10 madmax - reetard              25
Smile of the Month Award
Code:
  # Smile          # of refs  
  1 :lol:          3943       
  2 :o             2214       
  3 :shrug:        1655       
  4 :oh:           1494       
  5 :)             1450       
  6 :hearts:       1070       
  7 :worship:      965        
  8 :tape:         848        
  9 :facepalm:     840        
 10 ;)             688        
 11 :help:         681        
 12 :spit:         619        
 13 :rolleyes:     600        
 14 :hysteric:     586        
 15 :p             584        
 16 :haha:         577        
 17 :eek:          568        
 18 :yeah:         562        
 19 :confused:     550        
 20 :wavey:        531        
 21 :cheer:        505
Troll of the Month Award
Code:
  # Poster              # of refs  
  1 dsanders06          7          
  2 Excelscior          5          
  3 Sp!ffy              5          
  4 Matt01              4          
  5 debby               4          
  6 bandabou            4          
  7 tennisforadults     3          
  8 justineheninfan     3          
  9 ExtremespeedX       3          
 10 Skyblue101          3
Writer of the Month Award
Code:
  # Poster              # chars per post avg
  1 Papillon.           9365       
  2 Vikapower           1216       
  3 dragonflies         911        
  4 StephenUK           761        
  5 OsloErik            739        
  6 TZVETI83            650        
  7 rjd1111             613        
  8 justineheninfan     608        
  9 WhatTheDeuce        581        
 10 MakarovaFan         580
[/quote]
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #551
country flag bruce goose

Great novel!....Would rather watch a long Petra match,though

Old Dec 5th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #552
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Reyes

Funny, yes to see.

But if you noticed, I mentioned EVERYONE in the top 10 (probably the only person that did), and many of them much more than I did Caro, such as Petkovic, Li Na, Azarenka and Petra. Even Zvonareva had almost as many mentions as Caro with me. So your highlights don't provide a true picture of my overall posting.

I was actually well balanced in how I discussed the top 10, and Clijsters, apparently.

I'm sure if the Carotards didn't attack Petra and some of us on GM, when she was slumping, and predicted doom for her during the YEC, everyone's numbers would be even lower. No one really talks or cares about Caro here.

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 5th, 2011 at 05:09 AM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #553
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

It's Official

Quote:
Kvitova to play in Sydney

Mon, 05 Dec 03:31:00 2011

Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has confirmed that she will play in the WTA Sydney event at the start of next season.
TENNIS The Czech Republic's Petra Kvitova reacts after defeating Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova in their Fed Cup World Group final tennis match in Moscow November 6, 2011 - 0
Related links

The world number two will play in the tournament that runs from January 8-14 as part of her preparation for the Australian Open.

Kvitova has happy memories of Australia having won in Brisbane to start a fantastic 2011 that culminated in her winning the WTA Championship.

"I have had some great results in Australia over the years winning in Hobart and Brisbane, so hopefully 2012 will be my year to win the title in Sydney," she said.

"The Sydney event is really tough and most of the top girls play there each year so it is a great opportunity to get some good matches in before the Australian Open.

"I really see the event as the perfect preparation for the first grand slam of the year."

Tournament director Craig Watson added: "We have had some outstanding line-ups in the women's draw over the years and 2012 is shaping up to be one of the best ever."

Other names confirmed for the tournament include Li Na, Sam Stosur, Caroline Wozniacki and Ana Ivanovic.

Eurosport
I know it's text, but Petra seems genuinely excited and looking forward to this. Good for her and Good Luck to her!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #554
country flag bruce goose

All right,folks!Our Petra Countdown is around 30 days...although I'm referring to when she actually arrives at the tournament as opposed to the precise date when she plays her first match(subject to tourney director whims).Those of you who've followed Petra for a while can give us a decent guess as to when she'll show up in Sydney....It's coming

Old Dec 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #555
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
It's Official

I know it's text, but Petra seems genuinely excited and looking forward to this. Good for her and Good Luck to her!
2 byes for Sydney, so her first match will be last 16