Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #526
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

To any Czechs here, Please post any video coverage of Petra at the Czech tennis awards event---it doesn't really matter at all that I don't know the tongue b/c I'll be able to feel the mood of the event and figure out a lot just by watching the body language of Petra and others

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #527
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

20. 12. 2010
http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilan...0/21047129772/
70 M ( Petra 27M, 39M)

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #528
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming Petra is on this video.

When/what time does she appear?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #529
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

27m biggest jump
39m WTA player
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #530
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

She looked a bit shy and awkward back then and those teeth...
She has really made a huge improvement in every department since then.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #531
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's also a strange truth, that most Czechs I've met have worse feelings toward Germans than towards Russians
I think the reason may be geographic. Germany is a big powerful country situated right next door, while Russia, though big and powerful, is far away and not considered as a major threat any more.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:22 AM   #532
country flag allhingis

allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
Oh no! They've turned our Petra into a Masha clone!!!!
Wow, she look gorgeous in this photograph
allhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:22 AM   #533
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay Davenport's comments, while picking Kvitova vs Sharapova, at Wimbledon as her favorite match this year for Tennis Channels, Top 30 (ATP or WTA) matches of the year.

Quote:
"My favorite match was the Wimbledon final between Petra Kvitova and Maria Sharapova. I really had no idea what to expect of this final. It's not easy for most players to play their best (or near their best) in their first Slam final, and Maria really had a ton of momentum going into the match. But it was apparent early on that Kvitova was ready to ascend to the top. This was one of the few matches that I've been able to just sit and watch live... and it was a treat. The sound of Kvitova's ground strokes was unlike any I had heard; very clean, very strong. It was so apparent she had become the best ball striker now in women's tennis. After watching and playing against Maria for years, I know the strategy: try and take the play out of her hands by striking early in the rally, but it is not easy to do. Kvitova had no problem doing this throughout the match. Hard, heavy ground strokes, huge returns and a big serving day. It was an honor to see this shy Czech lady come out of her shell on the biggest stage."—Lindsay Davenport
It's one ex-players opinion, but it's amazing how many old, out of touch Venus and Serena fans, say that those players still hit the ball harder than Petra, or even Clijsters is up there with her.

WTF. Thank You Lindsay for establishing some order to this. Lol

PS: Martina picked Stosur vs Williams for a few reasons. But one of the reasons why she said she picked that match, was because "Kvitova's win (at Wimbledon) was great but not as much of a surprise."

You go Martina! You tell em, and set the record straight! Lol
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:48 AM   #534
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhingis View Post
Wow, she look gorgeous in this photograph
Yes she does, check also the video section
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 05:01 AM   #535
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes announcers,even ex-players,get overly gushy with their commentary... at times I wonder--if it's so obvious--why they didn't notice Petra's ball-striking ability before she got more famous.Still,the fact that Petra is doing it,at a high level,is far more important than being praised for it in the mainstream press

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM   #536
country flag paulmara

Petra Kvitova 5 wishes for Christmas ( MF dnes magazine / www.idnes.cz paper version)

(note my guess 8:30 phone interview for a magazine )

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM   #537
country flag bruce goose

You posted five photos,Paul;are they supposed to be related to Petra's five wishes somehow??

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:07 PM   #538
country flag Petronius

Quote:
It's one ex-players opinion, but it's amazing how many old, out of touch Venus and Serena fans, say that those players still hit the ball harder than Petra, or even Clijsters is up there with her.

WTF. Thank You Lindsay for establishing some order to this. Lol

PS: Martina picked Stosur vs Williams for a few reasons. But one of the reasons why she said she picked that match, was because "Kvitova's win (at Wimbledon) was great but not as much of a surprise."

You go Martina! You tell em, and set the record straight! Lol
Great find. Just posted it in the GM as a new thread, expecting a lot of funny comments, especially from Masha supporters and Petra haters. It's off-season after all!
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM   #539
country flag Excelscior

@Petronius.

Yeah. Lol.

Lindsay had made those comments earlier this year, after Wimbledon, and I posted them. And yes, those same people you mentioned, didn't want to hear/believe Lindsay then; so I'm glad she repeated herself for their Top 30 (and our amusement). Lol

As far as why these reporters/broadcasters take so long to recognize certain players; in Lindsay's (like a lot of American Reporters), she just hadn't watched Petra play.

I remember when Martina picked Petra to do well at the French Open and to win Wimbledon, Lindsay admitted/said "Martina I don't know much about Kvitova, I haven't really seen her play". That's the truth. Lol

A lot of these folks (especially Tennis Channel reporters, except Martina) didn't really watch Petra play, till the Wimbledon semi-final or finals this year.

Many of the European, some Australian, and even less American broadcasters, were well ahead on the Petra curve, though.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 05:46 PM   #540
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Great find. Just posted it in the GM as a new thread, expecting a lot of funny comments, especially from Masha supporters and Petra haters. It's off-season after all!
Well,GM is the ideal place to go agitate immature people--it seems designed for that,really.You DO realize,right,that the amount of Petra-haters will only increase if you shove Petra's victories in the faces of the fans of players whom she defeated???Don't get me wrong;I don't care if mindless idiots get offended,but if you don't like the antipathy towards Petra in GM,then you're not helping that situation very much