Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #466
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Hi Paul, is there any website where i can find the full results of the previous tennis extraliga? thanks
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #467
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.protenis.cz/turnaje/detail.php?tid=5067
http://www.protenis.cz/fotogalerie/set.php?catid=210 photos

None (time collison with davis cup )

http://www.tenisinfo.cz/?a=tournament&tid=103183 women
http://www.tenisinfo.cz/?a=tournament&tid=103182 men
http://www.protenis.cz/fotogalerie/set.php?catid=111 photos
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #468
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

^thanks Paul
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 04:54 AM   #469
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Czech Extraliga is ice hockey league. This is tennis Extraliga (extraleague)
Forgive me if I overlooked any details from previous posts,but is this a league that Petra has participated in before??Is it invitation only or are any Czech professionals welcome to compete??

EDIT: Just went back and read where Meelis used the term 'nominated',so I guess the league organizers make those decisions

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #470
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she has played it before. She was already in the team when Prostejov won it in 2007, maybe even before?

It´s kinda a similar to World Team Tennis, but with real tennis clubs. Also Germans, Italians, French etc. have their own club competitions.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #471
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Yes, she has played it before. She was already in the team when Prostejov won it in 2007, maybe even before?

It´s kinda a similar to World Team Tennis, but with real tennis clubs. Also Germans, Italians, French etc. have their own club competitions.
Haven't heard Petra or other players mention it in interviews(not saying that they haven't),so I wonder how big it is in those countries.....I'd GUESS that it's not as special as Fed Cup

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #472
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201111...256076_2518233

Lots of interesting Petra info regarding 2011 WTA Stats Leaders.

The stats that meant the most to me were: Wins Versus Top 10 Players (13-Radwanska had 9) and Wins Versus Top 5 Players (7-tied with Stosur).

Petra is looking damn strong heading into 2012. I'm predicting right now she wins at least two grand Slams in 2012. I predict she will defend her Wimbledon title and also regain her honor at next year's French Open. It would also not surprise me at all if she continues to stun the tennis world and beats Serena at the Australian Open. Book it.

Petra is the best!!!
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #473
country flag TimeyWimey

I'm wondering where is 18majors right now?! When Petra indeed rocks the world at Istanbul and Moscow, he/she is completely gone from this forum
I wish he/she will be back when Petra is having trouble finding her form sometime next year
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #474
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201111...256076_2518233

Lots of interesting Petra info regarding 2011 WTA Stats Leaders.

The stats that meant the most to me were: Wins Versus Top 10 Players (13-Radwanska had 9) and Wins Versus Top 5 Players (7-tied with Stosur).

Petra is looking damn strong heading into 2012. I'm predicting right now she wins at least two grand Slams in 2012. I predict she will defend her Wimbledon title and also regain her honor at next year's French Open. It would also not surprise me at all if she continues to stun the tennis world and beats Serena at the Australian Open. Book it.

Petra is the best!!!
very true, but the stats that should really be included is the winning percentage in semis and finals
Petra is 8-1 in the semis and 6-2 in the finals if you include Fed Cup, that would be 10-1 and 8-2

people who really don't understand the importance of these stats could think about Vika this year, the 3 defeats to Petra (all in semis or finals) cost her 1300 points and 1,500,000 USD

Last edited by TimeyWimey : Nov 17th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #475
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
very true, but the stats that should really be included is the winning percentage in semis and finals
Petra is 8-1 in the semis and 6-2 in the finals if you include Fed Cup, that would be 10-1 and 8-2
Great points Reyeszjj.

I really hope Petra can open the new year in her present form and become the dynamo we know she can be.
2012 is going to be a fascinating year for the WTA and Petra and for us fans. I can't wait for it all to start!!!

Petra is the best!!!
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #476
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm wondering where is 18majors right now?! When Petra indeed rocks the world at Istanbul and Moscow, he/she is completely gone from this forum
I wish he/she will be back when Petra is having trouble finding her form sometime next year
Maybe 18 majors was so embarrassed from being wrong so many times, they gave up or disappeared?

I have seen them post one time or another on GM, so I know they exist.

Oh well! Shrugs.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #477
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

people who really don't understand the importance of these stats could think about Vika this year, the 3 defeats to Petra (all in semis or finals) cost her 1300 points and 1,500,000 USD
Correction: Petra is 6-1 in finals this year, and 7/9 in her career.

That is WTA main draw finals, unless your including her Prague Challenger final, as well. Most people don't.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #478
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

Yeah,even though Petra got nervous,by her own account,in several of those big matches,she was rarely so uptight that she seriously unraveled,and she often got back on track even when an opponent had a nice,quick run.As you contrasted above,that's a special quality that's displayed only by true champions

Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #479
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Correction: Petra is 6-1 in finals this year, and 7/9 in her career.

That is WTA main draw finals, unless your including her Prague Challenger final, as well. Most people don't.
Impressive stats, indeed. And even more impressive when I heard Petra saying in an interview that she regarded the Eastbourne final match as more of a "theater show" than a tennis match, because of strong wind.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #480
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Impressive stats, indeed. And even more impressive when I heard Petra saying in an interview that she regarded the Eastbourne final match as more of a "theater show" than a tennis match, because of strong wind.
Sorry,I don't get the connection;what did Petra mean by 'theater show'??Was she talking about the open-air theaters from the earlier centuries where the wind could disrupt the sets and throw props out of place??