Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #451
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
@Reyeszjj

Thank You for your comments.

This was more about Csersonek. But nonetheless, I don't think you read what I said Properly.

My problem with her playing Prague (Bahama's etc.), is that they're Csersonek sponsored events, which make him money. And though they're decent tournaments, is the level of competition there going to prepare her for the French Open, after winning Madrid? No one thought she should play there. Petra had to explain, "it was a local tournament I wanted to support". But what she forgot to say was, "it was a Csersonek sponsored tournament".

Those are the questions, with Prague for example. Like I said, if she has proper rest, or it doesn't interfere with her other planning, then I have no problem with that. I did say that. And my discussion about Csernonek comes out of a discussion I had with Petronius, regarding some reservations he may of had about him. This was my response and topics to his post.

As far as her year next year; yes I do expect her to be more consistent. Why not? I've seen her game grow right before my eyes, and I think the indoor hard court success, is easily transferable to outdoor hard courts. So I disagree with you with that one. I'm not expecting her to win every match. But (yes) I do expect improvement. And so does she. Petra has sad these things herself.

And how is Petra not an all around player? Please explain that to me? As far as I can see, she has a game (and titles) that translates to all courts, and she presently has all or most of the shots, she'll need for them. Don't confuse the stage she's at in her precocious career, with her all around ability. One has to catch up with the other. This year, they merged even closer.
yeah, i just read your post #444, so haven't quite thought about Mr. Csersonek, but still bit surprised on your upset though

all around player i mean the proven ability to deal with different situations, not just theoretically, or just her tennis, yes she has the game that theoretically could translate into all courts, but don't you think that something has been preventing her to complete that transfer this year? the asthma, the wind, or other things unexpected, distraction? we don't even know yet, if you watched her match in Beijing, you would think "oh, yes she's not playing badly, but why hasn't she improved since IW?"

that's why i'm feeling premier or not is not a big deal at least for the year 2012, it's more of something outside of her tennis, and since her last outdoor match was in Beijing which she did not play very well, i see no sign she would be more consistent next year in this sense

TBH, consistency only reminds of Vika or Bepa, so I really fear Petra would lose what's made her so special pursuing being consistent in North America and Asia

maybe i'm the only one who is not that impressed by her winning streak since Linz

and i do not think it is easy to maintain her performance next year (mainly in the SFs, finals and indoors), let alone improvement (i will not count reaching R3 in IW next year as an improvement)
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #452
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Meelis?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Petra play Prague after she won Madrid (and before/while Rome was coming up)?

You sure you're not confusing this with Bahamas or another tournament?

To my knowledge, Prague was the next tournament she played after she won Madrid (or close to it), so therefore where was the struggle?
Prague was played week after her Madrid triumph, but the decision to play there was made before. She obviously could have withdrawn (and have a free week), but decided to honor her commitment.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #453
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
yeah, i just read your post #444, so haven't quite thought about Mr. Csersonek, but still bit surprised on your upset though

all around player i mean the proven ability to deal with different situations, not just theoretically, or just her tennis, yes she has the game that theoretically could translate into all courts, but don't you think that something has been preventing her to complete that transfer this year? the asthma, the wind, or other things unexpected, distraction? we don't even know yet

that's why i'm feeling premier or not is not a big deal at least for the year 2012, it's more of something outside of her tennis, and since her last outdoor match was in Beijing which she did not play very well, i see no sign she would be more consistent next year in this sense

TBH, consistency only reminds of Vika or Bepa, so I really fear Petra would lose what's made her so special pursuing being consistent in North America and Asia

maybe i'm the only one who is not that impressed by her winning streak since Linz

and i do not think it is easy to maintain her performance next year (mainly in the SFs, finals and indoors), let alone improvement (i will not count reaching R3 in IW next year as an improvement)
Why do you keep saying I'm upset. It was a discussion and a point of view I gave Petronius.

I don't worry about Petra not doing well in North American and Asian hardcourts in 2012, as you do; cause I definitely feel she'll do better.

If she can't play outside, then why does she win on outdoor clay, grass and other outdoor hardcourts? That's silly to think she can't win on outdoor hardcourts?

If you look at the past season, Petra stumbled during times of the year, after she had major success, she's never had before. After winning Brisbane, Australian quarterfinal and Paris Indoors earlier this year, she struggled. The same way she struggled, after she won Wimbledon last year and this year.

Petra was out of form after Wimbledon. She didn't play for about two months. Her two losses to Petkovic in two consecutive tournaments, thwarted her achieving any confidence or good form. But watching her play Linz, Istanbul and Fed Cup, she definitely has the game to win on outdoor hardcourts, cause the courts she played on were very slow and she had to adapt her game to them. If you noticed, she played a totally different game on those indoor hadrcourts than she did at Wimbledon for example (or previous outdoor hardcourts tournaments leading up to them).

As far as her Asthma? I'm not worried about that yet. Indian Wells, for example is in the desert, so their shouldn't be any humidity or allergy issues there. Petra made the 4th round of the US Open in 2009 when she was a much worse player, than she is now. Why did she do so well there, if the situation is so terrible? This situation is still very fluid, over-emphasized and unknown, for someone so early in their career. If she wins some of these tournaments next year, no one will talk about it anymore. So I'm not sure what you're so convinced of at this stage. But OK. You're entitled.

As far as Asia, Petra was in midform in Tokyo. I'm sure if she was in her Linz form, she would of won the tournament (cause she would of had the confidence to withstand Vera Z's comeback, like she did at Linz).

And as far as her all around improvements, if you haven't noticed her growth in her level of strategy, variety, moving forward/net coverage, etc., then I don't know what to tell you. It's very simple, if Petra maintains the tactics she used in the indoor courts on the outdoor courts next year, she should win plenty more games. Even if you account for the Asthma, to my knowledge, only Cincinnati is clearly a tough city. There should be plenty others where she should play well, using similar tactics (or net coverage, variety, change of pace, top spin, angles, etc.).

We'll see, and agree to disagree.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #454
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

^you are right, we will see when she plays here next year

Last edited by TimeyWimey : Nov 15th, 2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #455
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Prague was played week after her Madrid triumph, but the decision to play there was made before. She obviously could have withdrawn (and have a free week), but decided to honor her commitment.
Oh. OK. If she was honoring a commitment she made, while previously struggling, then I'll give her a pass? But that's not how it was portrayed by the media or even Petra.

She basically said she was supporting something back home (that just so happened to be sponsored by her Manager, just like that tournament in the Bahamas), being a proud Czech, at the Expense of the tournament in Rome.

Remember, her Manager Milos Csersonek, is the promoter of that Prague tournament. Not everybody knows that. So there's something in it for him there.

Thanks Meelis.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #456
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
^you are right, we will see when she plays here next year
You're guess, is as good as mine? Lol
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #457
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

The off-season sucks(luckily there are other sports to fill the WTA void),but obviously this 2-month period is crucial for Petra and her cohorts to re-charge their batteries

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM   #458
country flag ExtremespeedX

ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
The off-season sucks(luckily there are other sports to fill the WTA void),but obviously this 2-month period is crucial for Petra and her cohorts to re-charge their batteries
There's still world tour finals for men

But I already can't wait to see Petra play, even if in such a non-consequential event as Hopman Cup. She and Berdych have got to be favorites. Both big servers and good net players, they should combine well in mixed dubs.
ExtremespeedX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #459
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
@Petronius, etc.

My issue with Cseronek, is how Petra played that Prague Challenger right after Madrid and the Bahamas one earlier this year (where she lost, and brought her great ridicule, at least here on TF). Those were no win situations for Petra.

One can argue that Petra not playing Rome after winning Madrid could of taken her out of top form (leaving her in mid-form to lose to Li Na, where Petra had a 6-2 1st set and 3-0 3rd set lead) for the French Open, and the other challengers with the US Spring hardcourt season; Miami, Indian Wells, Doha, etc., where Petra played poorly.

I hope for Petra's sake, that Cseronek doesn't ask her to play these Challengers (which are actually events sponsored by him to make money off of), in the middle of the season again. And if he does ask, I hope that she or (more than likely) Koytza tell him "that's a bad idea".

Though Petra was well scheduled this year in many of her tournaments (due to her success), Petra could of certainly scheduled/played better for many of her outdoor hardcourt Premier 5 and Premier Mandatory tournaments, as well as the French Open. That should be one of her big goals for 2012; to improve in certain tournaments/times of the season.

I do realize Petra won a lot in the beginning of the year, and could of needed a rest/rebound/adjustment period; true. But Csersonek has got to realize that Petra is the #2 ranked player, a Grand Slam, YEC, Fed Cup Champion, therefore can't ask her to play these rinky dink tournaments anymore, for his own greed and compulsion (unless it actually benefits Petra, or doesn't harm her scheduling). She's big time now! He's gotta stop thinking selfishly small time.

We know Petra's a loyal Czech (with her Czech Manager who sponsors tennis tournaments); but no more in opportune Challengers please!!

PS: I will excuse the Prague one, if by playing Rome Petra WOULDN'T of had a week off before the French Open (though I highly doubt that would of been the situation).
Hi Ex,

Petra has stated in the past she loves playing at the tournament in Prague. It's very well organized and AT HOME, thus providing an opportunity for her own people (Czechs) and local nerdy Petra fans (like me) a chance to see our local hero without spending a fortune we don't have. So, god bless her for it! Furthermore, I'm willing to bet 99.999% of Petra's fans and normal tennis fans don't really care if Cernosek gets a little piece of the profit from the Prague tournament. It's just not such a big deal. Definitely not worth howling about.

PS: Please find a grammar book and study Modal Perfect. Nuff said. Thank you.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #460
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She is nominated to play Czech Extraliga in December

TK Agrofert Prostějov

1. Berdych
2. Golubev
3. Andreev
4. Lacko
5. Hájek
6. Pospíšil
7. Dlouhý
8. Rumler
9. Veselý
10. Novák

1. Wozniacki
2. Kirilenko
3. Šafářová
4. Kvitová
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #461
country flag TimeyWimey

^great

Liberec, Prague, Prerov, Prostejov, 14-December 20, 2011
Semi-groups: Prague, Liberec
Date: 14-December 16, 2011

Final group: Prerov, Prostějov
Date: 17-December 19, 2011

Final: Prostejov
Date: December 20, 2011
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #462
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremespeedX View Post
There's still world tour finals for men

But I already can't wait to see Petra play, even if in such a non-consequential event as Hopman Cup. She and Berdych have got to be favorites. Both big servers and good net players, they should combine well in mixed dubs.
It seems pretty clear that Petra has a deep,abiding love for tennis that would prevent her from quitting even if she got discouraged somehow.

This makes Petra the polar opposite of my Serbian ex-fave who quits at the drop of a hat....I actually posted once in her forum again b/c I still get posts in my e-mail inbox where I read someone who directly put my name out there in wondering about my opinion,but I feel tremendously vindicated that I've replaced the Fraud with Petra.I would've been proud of Petra even if she HADN'T won Wimby or YEC...was here well before we ever had a subforum and my sig has plenty of slamless gals whom I still adore,yet it's so satisfying when you see the contrast in how Petra handled her first Slam triumph

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #463
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
Hi Ex,

Petra has stated in the past she loves playing at the tournament in Prague. It's very well organized and AT HOME, thus providing an opportunity for her own people (Czechs) and local nerdy Petra fans (like me) a chance to see our local hero without spending a fortune we don't have. So, god bless her for it! Furthermore, I'm willing to bet 99.999% of Petra's fans and normal tennis fans don't really care if Cernosek gets a little piece of the profit from the Prague tournament. It's just not such a big deal. Definitely not worth howling about.

PS: Please find a grammar book and study Modal Perfect. Nuff said. Thank you.
I don't have a problem with the Prague tournament per se (and I'm sure it's a great tournament and local Czech's love it, and we all know Petra's a proud Czech). My issue/question is, could her time after winning Madrid had been better spent playing Rome, and Petra not playing Top level tennis potentially affect her from being in top form at the French Open?

Remember Petra wasn't sharp at the French Open, even during her 1st 3 matches, where she appeared to win easily. She didn't. She was very up and down.

As far as Csersonek, Petra may be a proud Czech, but the question is her playing that tournament during the middle of the season always best for her? The media and other Tennis players/experts apparently didn't.

Just so you know, I've also defended Petra in those tournaments at other times (and Petra's record in them). She can play them if she wins, but if she's not going to win, she might as well not play them. I know in Prague she was 4-1 this year and lost in the finals. But that Bahamas loss was quite embarrassing (though I argued on her behalf that it and Prague were like vacations for her). Nonetheless, I'm sure she'll keep playing them.

Hey! What ever is best for Petra, regarding the Majors and other big tournaments.
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #464
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Czech Extraliga ice hockey league?
anyways, is this a round robin or single elimination tournament?
I need more info please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
She is nominated to play Czech Extraliga in December

TK Agrofert Prostějov

1. Berdych
2. Golubev
3. Andreev
4. Lacko
5. Hájek
6. Pospíšil
7. Dlouhý
8. Rumler
9. Veselý
10. Novák

1. Wozniacki
2. Kirilenko
3. Šafářová
4. Kvitová

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #465
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petr Pála (Czech Fed cup coach) „ It must be very hard for her opponents. She is very friendly. Then she beat them up on the court. She smile and can calmly talk again.“

Quiz Question
In an article they mentioned Petra was 60-13 in 2011. How many players can you name? (My score 11 from 13 / very tough advanced quiz 43 from 60)

Note for Excelscior
Video Petra arriving to Nike shop, Petra as a kid.
Petra is giving short interview in Prostějov. It was on Friday (Fed Cup presentation and tenis club celebration)

Note for cosmoose

1st round
A : Liberec - Pardubice – Olymp
B : Neride - Jihlava – Marianske Lazně

2nd round
Přerov – CLTK – winner A
Prostějov – Sparta – winner B

3rd round = final

Czech Extraliga is ice hockey league. This is tennis Extraliga (extraleague)
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote