Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #31
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Mmmhh. Interesting.

She may of had a ankle injury also Solitaire. Though I'm not sure on the exact time (did it happen before or after you saw her), but they may had something to do with it as well? Lol

But, yeah; what development? Right? Lol.
It was against Glatch and I really don't remember if her ankle was hurt during the match, it was awhile ago. Two totally different players from the Fed Cup match to Petra beating Glatch at Wimbledon.
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #32
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Punditry jumping on the bandwagon (apud Arctic Moose):

Kvitova: the next big boss

Sun Jul 03 10:45AM

by Patrick Mouratoglou

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis.../article/2211/

[You can also find this at the Busted Racquet blog in Yahoo! Tennis]

Petra Kvitova clinched the first Grand Slam of her career after dominating Maria Sharapova 6-3 6-4.

Despite the experimented opponent she was facing, it's no big surprise that Kvitova won. I think she is the big champion women tennis has been waiting for.

As I've said in the past, the new generation didn't have enough time to come to maturity at the time when former stars were retiring in the middle of their career (Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis) and when the Williams sisters weren't able to be on the Tour all season long.

What I call a big champion is a pretty rare player, winning consistently on Tour for four, five or even 10 years.

This 2011 Wimbledon winner has everything it takes to be one and should become the next boss of the women tennis.

She's mastering all the shots required by the modern game and has the perfect game in order to win Grand Slams, contrary to Caroline Wozniacki, who hasn't developped enough offensive weapons on order to win a major. Kvitova's weapons are obvious: a powerful, accurate and regular serve, a huge forehand, a backhand getting better and better with every passing season (it has even become another weapon) and outstanding timing which allows her to fire such heavy shots.

A bit like Juan Martin Del Potro on the ATP Tour, she's making up for her lack of speed by sticking to the baseline, playing deep and with power when attacked.

She also reminds me of Lindsay Davenport, who won her first Grand Slam in Wimbledon (in 1999). Of course she's still has big room for improving physically; she has already lost a lot of weight those last 18 months but her high risk kind of game will ask for a constant work on her fitness on the long run.

It's not that surprising to see her triumph because of the amount of confidence she built during recent months by winning a lot of matches with three victories on different surfaces - Brisbane (hard outdoor), Paris (indoor) and Madrid (clay) - and against top 10 players - Clijsters, Li Na, Sam Stosur, Victoria Azarenka and Vera Zvonareva. All of this helped her to change her status and to reinforce a confidence that comes naturally to her and never leaves.

I have a very revealing story about her: she played twice against Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova at the end of 2008 and start of 2009 at a time where I was training the Russian. First time Nastya won after saving two match points in Bratislava with a very high level and amazing mental strength from both.

They then played each other in Hobart: Pavlyuchenkova was up 6-1 3-1 and playing brilliantly. Kvitova called her coach at this moment and raised her level in a very astonishing way, without doubting herself for a single second and being very calm. She ended by winning the match 1-6 7-5 6-3 and Pavlyuchenkova couldn't be mad at herself for anything. Kvitova then won the tournament. During this match she was already playing at a top 10 level.

And here is one of the secrets of Petra's success: she knows her abilities and how strong she is so when she's feeling good she just feels like nothing can stop her.

--------------------------

2011 Wimbledon Recap

by Nick Bollettieri on July 5, 2011.

http://nickstennispicks.com/2011/07/...mbledon-recap/

[snip]
Petra Kvitova is for real! This girl has the talent to win numerous Grand Slam titles and she just blew Sharapova off the court. She can hit from anywhere and when she strikes the ball (and it goes in) she is very tough to beat. I am looking for big things from this lefty in the future.

Speaking of lefties, people have also talked about whether or not lefties have an advantage and I certainly think they do. You see Nadal on the men’s side and Kvitova on the women’s side and because they are left-handed they are able to serve out wide on the deuce side and into the body on the ad side and it really opens up the court. In today’s game, lefties definitely have a slight advantage.
[snip]
Corswandt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #33
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

This Tennis.com/ESPN writer, actually wrote a very detailed, surprisingly correct analysis of Petra's game right before Wimbledon (he profiled the top 8 seeds), and he got everything write except the outcome. Let's give him some credit though, for actually seeing her play.

Viewpoint: Women to Watch at Wimbledon
By Richard Pagliaro - Friday, June 17, 2011

No. 8 Petra Kvitova

Strengths: The only left-hander in the top 20 can impose her game on almost any woman when she's playing well. The 21-year-old Czech owns a crackling serve, crunching groundstrokes and fine feel in the front court, and is adept at playing creative combinations.

Weaknesses: Inexperience. Kvitova had never won a Wimbledon match before surging to the semis last year as a 62nd-ranked dark horse sporting braces.

Question marks: She arrives at SW19 carrying a career-high ranking and the burden of high expectations; how will she respond?

Outlook: Kvitova has the game to win Wimbledon one day, and although she might need a bit more maturity to do it, a semifinal return is possible.

How could this guy say/know all that, and still not pick her to win or make it to the finals (I know; experience)? Smh. Lol

Last edited by Excelscior : Jul 6th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #34
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to Sam Smith of the BBC, Martina Navratilova Of the Tennis Channel, Ravi Ubha and Brad Gilbert of ESPN, and Shane Lambert of Crunch Sports Betting Service for picking Petra early to win the 2011 Wimbledon women's title.

Honorable Mention for John McEnroe, of NBC Sports, Tennis Channel and the BBC, for picking Petra to make the final vs Sharapova (though he picked Sharapova to win, and claimed he wanted to change his mind but stuck to his original pick). Who knows?

At least these people and their picks, gave us some semblance of order as we left our dear computers and actually had to watch TV and hear a bunch a people talk about a women's tennis game/contenders that they knew nothing about.

Did you guys know anyone else in the media that picked Petra to win Wimbledon early, especially before it was obviously clear she could/would (though that still didn't stop most people from picking Ms. Experience-Maria Sharapova, cause it seems most of them actually never saw Petra play till the semi-finals vs Azarenka)? Lol.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jul 7th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #35
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
It was against Glatch and I really don't remember if her ankle was hurt during the match, it was awhile ago. Two totally different players from the Fed Cup match to Petra beating Glatch at Wimbledon.
Oh. Ok. Mary Joe said a couple of years ago (2009)? It's funny how Petra is so far and away from that performance (to you and her) now? Right? Lol

Someone on the site actually picked Glatch to upset Petra in the first round, believe it or not, based of Glatche's Fed Cup win over her back then. Dumb!!

Last edited by Excelscior : Jul 6th, 2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #36
country flag Juanes
facebook.com/RCTabak

Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute

little later, but congrats to wimby title

Juanes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #37
country flag Excelscior

LaRosa, from The Tennis Channel Website Write's a open plea to Ms. Kvitova in his "Dear Petra" Letter below. I think you guys will like it. Though I highlighted some areas, every inch of the article is work reading. Check it out!

July 2 - Ladies Final

Dear Petra Kvitova,

Today was the Ladies Final. This is usually the point in the blog where I let a tennis ball do the talking for me, live blogging what historically turns out to be a day that’s more pomp and less circumstance. Not today. Today I have to speak for myself, to tell you something I feel deep down in my soul.

You scare me.

You’ve always startled me. That’s nothing new. The first time you startled me was when I saw you play Serena at the 2010 Australian Open. The scoreline said you got your butt whooped, but anyone who saw that match saw your wicked lefty shot-making. Rein it in and you’d be scary. You startled me again in 2010 when you made the Wimbledon semis. Along the way you obliterated Caroline Wozniacki, handing her one of the most shocking beatdowns of the year, then played Serena like you thought you should be there. You never went beyond startling because, as evidenced by the fact that you went winless until the US Open, you and consistency went together like Tracy Morgan and a funny joke.

The future of tennis

Fast forward to the today’s Wimbledon final. You know, the one you were supposed to be overwhelmed by. Your first major final. And on the grass of Wimbledon! Maria Sharapova was the favorite. And she started competing before the match even began, electing to have you serve first. What did you do? You elected to return her serves in the warm-up.

You wasn’t playin’.

Maria hoped to climb on top of you and smother you with a pillow like she does everyone else. But she’d be the one overwhelmed by the moment. Overwhelmed by you.

You were brutal. You were stingy. You swung like it was a practice match at the local climb, and Maria wasn’t a former Wimbledon champ but the 13-year-old girl you deigned to take the court with you. When it came time to serve out the match, you not only served it out at love (just like you did the first set – steel!), you served it out with an ace.

And then came the scariest part of all. The victory celebration. No sobbing, no climbing the bleachers in shock and awe to throw your arms around your camp. You simply fell to your knees for a moment, then got up, shook Maria’s hand and waved to the crowd. It looked more like you’d just collected enough game pieces for a free Big Mac at McDonald’s than you’d just won Wimbledon. You had to be pulled back into your on-court interview because you were eager to just grab your dish and hit the showers.

It was, as if, you believed this will just be the first of many.

And I’ll tell you, it’s the people who truly truly believe who make me believe. This wasn’t a 1-and-done. You’re here to collect more than game pieces. You’re here to collect hardware. You’ve nabbed your first today, and it’s a beaut.

Six months ago, before you cracked the top 25, before you won Paris and Madrid, one woman held you up above all others (including reigning No 1 Caroline Wozniacki) as the future of tennis. That woman is Oracene Price. As the mama of Venus and Serena Williams, she knows greatness when she sees it.

And after today, so do we.

It's funny in the article he has the picture of Petra smiling with both hands in the air, after she gets up off the grass, with the words below stating "The Future Of Tennis". Cute!!

Last edited by Excelscior : Jul 6th, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #38
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kudos to Sam Smith of the BBC, Martina Navratilova Of the Tennis Channel, Ravi Ubha and Brad Gilbert of ESPN, and Crunch Sports Betting Service for picking Petra early to win the 2011 Wimbledon women's title.

Honorable Mention for John McEnroe, of NBC Sports, Tennis Channel and the BBC, for picking Petra to make the final vs Sharapova (though he picked Sharapova to win, and claimed he wanted to change his mind but stuck to his original pick). Who knows?

At least these people and their picks, gave us some semblance of order as we left our dear computers and actually had to watch TV and hear a bunch a people talk about a women's tennis game/contenders that they knew nothing about.

Did you guys know anyone else in the media that picked Petra to win Wimbledon early, especially before it was obviously clear she could/would (though that still didn't stop most people from picking Ms. Experience-Maria Sharapova, cause it seems most of them actually never saw Petra play till the semi-finals vs Azarenka)? Lol.
John said last year during Petra's run to the emis that he thought she'd be Top 10 by this year's Wimbledon. Not exactly predicting her to win, but he knows what he's talking about. Brad kept throwing it up in Cahill's face about picking Petra. To Darren's credit, he made jokes about Brad annoying him with the bluster of Petra winning.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #39
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
John said last year during Petra's run to the emis that he thought she'd be Top 10 by this year's Wimbledon. Not exactly predicting her to win, but he knows what he's talking about. Brad kept throwing it up in Cahill's face about picking Petra. To Darren's credit, he made jokes about Brad annoying him with the bluster of Petra winning.
Hey John. Thanks for your response.

Yeah. McEnroe knows his stuff, and has said very good/nice things about Petra, her potential greatness and future. Agreed! He's got eyes, and was much better ones than most so called tennis experts.

When did Brad taunt Darren? I know Cahill kept stating before the final "I'll never hear the end of it from Gilbert if she wins". But I didn't see that, and would have loved to. Was that before/during the Men's final? Do I have to go on ESPN 3 and play it (or that studio time is gone already)? What did he say? Lol.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #40
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hey John. Thanks for your response.

Yeah. McEnroe knows his stuff, and has said very good/nice things about Petra, her potential greatness and future. Agreed! He's got eyes, and was much better ones than most so called tennis experts.

When did Brad taunt Darren? I know Cahill kept stating before the final "I'll never hear the end of it from Gilbert if she wins". But I didn't see that, and would have loved to. Was that before/during the Men's final? Do I have to go on ESPN 3 and play it (or that studio time is gone already)? What did he say? Lol.
Studio.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #41
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

ESPN Classic is replaying the final at 7PM Eastern time.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #42
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
ESPN Classic is replaying the final at 7PM Eastern time.
Thanks. I had saw that.

The Tennis Channel, will be replaying it at 10:30pm Eastern as well.

That should be a BBC team with totally new people from NBC (since Johnnie Mac jumps around between the BBC and NBC many times) I'm guessing?
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #43
country flag Matej

Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of

Quote:
Comprehensive article, detailing her background and early ITF career up to the day of the Wimby final, with some references to Lindsay Davenport and Petra's potential future thrown in.

Petra Kvitova: The ‘good girl next door’ aims for the stars
Saturday, 02 July 2011 00:00 By Ayo Ositelu Sport - Abroad
E-mail Print
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest
PETRA-

(...)

But who is this “new kid on the block” from a country which has produced the likes of former world number one Ivan Lendl, another former world number one. Navratilova, and genuine champions Jana Novotna, Miroslav Mecir, Jan Kodes etc.? who is this girl whom neighbours back home in Gilovec, Czech Republic (where she was born twenty one years ago) still describe as “the good girl next door” because of her simplicity, humility and respectful disposition to everyone in spite of her career blossoming and dominating the headline?

Born in Golovec on March 8, 190, Kvitova, who had not shown signs of being very tall in the early years, but had surprised even her family by shooting towards six feet in her early years, was not exactly a [whiz kid” by today’s standards, as she started playing professionally only five years ago, in 2006 in her home nation tournament at Prostejov, where she won the qualifying tournament but lost in the first round. She then won two ITF tournaments in siege in Hungary, and Valasske Mezirici in the Czech Republic, defeating Dorottya Magas, and Radana Holusova in the finals.

Coached and managed by her father, Jiri from the beginning till now, it has been a gradual development for Kvitova, whose short career has been one of ups and downs, in equal measure. In 2007, she won four ITF (International Tennis Federation ) events in Stuttgart, Germany, and reached two other finals in Zlin, Czech Republic, losing to established pros, Klara Zakopalova 6-4, 6-1, and in Bratislava, in the Slovak Republic, lost to Tatjana Malek 6-2, 7-6 (7). It was in this same year, she played her first Grand Slam Qualifying draw at the 2007 ECM Prague Open, and her first Grand Slam Qualifying draw in the 2007 US Open, losing in the second round in both, but also earned her first win over a top 100 player, Pauline Parmentier.

In 2008, Kvitova qualified for her first WTA Tour main draw in the 2008 Gaz de France Open, where she upset the world number 30, Anabel Medina Garrigues of Spain 6-2, 6-3, thus earning her first win over a top 50 player, before losing to the now retired Elena Dementieva of Russia in the second round.

At the 2008 Cellular South Cup, as a qualifier, Kvitova earned one of the biggest wins of her career by upsetting former world number one Venus Williams 2-6, 6-4, 6-3, thus earning her first victory over a top 10 player, before losing in the following round. To underscore her inconsistency, she lost in the first rounds of the 2008 Sony Ericsson Open at Indian Wells, California, and the ECM Prague Open, and in the second round of the Internationaux de Strasbourg.

At the 2008 French Open, playing in her first-ever Grand Slam tournament, she defeated Akiko Morigami of Japan in the first round, Samantha Stosur of Australia in the second, and 12th seeded Agnes Szavay of Hungary in the third, before losing to Kaia Kanepi 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 in the fourth round. She then lost in the first round of Wimbledon 2008 and the 2008 US Open. But in between those two Grand Slam events she was able to reach her first WTA Tour quarter-finals in the 2008 Buda pest Grand Prix, losing to Andreja Klepac 7-6 (2), 6-0.

When, still as a qualifier, she reached the quarter-finals of the 2008 Zurich Open, losing to then world number one Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, it was the first time she was ranked inside the top 50. She ended the year by winning in Monzon, Spain, defeating Belgium’s Yanina Wickmayer in the final.

After beginning 2009 with a first round loss at the Brisbane International, she however won her first career title at the highest level, defeating Alona Bondarenko, Anastasia Pavlychenkova, Virginia Razzano and Iveta Benesova along the way. In a year in which she was dogged by injuries and had to withdraw from the French Open, and lost in the first round of Wimbledon, only to come back strong to defeat then world number one Dinara Safina of Russia in three sets 4-6, 6-4, 7-5 in the third round at the US Open. Then ranked world number 72, Kvitova was 71 places lower than Safina at the time. She then reached her second final in the year at the Generali ladies, in Linz where she defeated Germany’s Andrea Petkovic 6-1, 6-4, 5th seeded Iveta Benesova 6-4, 7-5, 4th seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 7-5, 6-4 in the quarter-final, 2nd seeded Agnieszka Radwanska 6-3, 6-2, before losing 6-3, 6-4 to Belgium’s Yanina Wickmayer in the final.

It was the following year that she seemed to make it a habit to lose to the eventual champion in Tier-one WTA tournaments. At last year’s Australian Open, Kvitova lost to eventual champion Serena Williams. Also at the 2010 Cellular South Cup, she reached the semi-finals before losing to eventual champion Maria Sharapova 6-4, 6-3. At Wimbledon, she defeated Sorana Cirstea in the first round, and then upset China’s 23rd Zheng Jie 6-4, 2-6, 6-2, 14th seeded Victoria Azarenka 7-5, 6-0, before also upsetting 3rd seeded Caroline Wozniacki of Demark 6-2, 6-0 in the fourth round to advance to her first Grand Slam Quarter-final, where she beat Kaia Kanepi 4-6, 7-6, 8-6 after saving five match points to rally back from two breaks in the third set (trailing 0-4) to reach her first Grand Slam semi-final, where again, she lost to world number one defending champion and eventual champon, Serena Williams. After that run, she made it to the top 30 in world rankings for the first time.

Kvitova gaining in confidence, began this year by winning her second career WTA tour title at the 2011 Brisbane International Open, by defeating Andrea Petkovic 6-1, 6-3 in the final, after having earned impressive wins over 3rd seed Nadia Petrova of Russia, and 5th seed Anastasia Pavlychenkova also of Russia. With that second title, she achieved a career-high world number 28 ranking.

After reaching and losing in the fourth round of the Australian Open, her strong run earned her the number 8 in world ranking, to become only the fourth Czech female to be ranked among the top 10. She then celebrated her new status by defeating newly-crowned Australian Open champion and world number one, Kim Clijsters 6-4, 6-3 to win her second career title.

Earlier this year, she also led her country’s Fed Cup team to the final round, with semi-final wins over Wickmayer and Flipkens, winnng all of her matches in the earlier rounds.

At the pre-Wimbledon WTA warm-up tournament in Eastbourne, Kvitova, who was seeded eighth, lost in the final to Frenchwoman Marion Bartoli.

And so, it may not have surprised too many that Kvitova has gone all the way to tomorrow’s final, to face Russia’s former world number one and the 2004 Wimbledon champion, Maria Sharapova, who has literally been on fire throughout this tournament, having not conceded a single set.

Whatever happens in today’s final, it is sure that the tennis world will be seeing much more of this gifted clean-hitter of the ball. If even the Russian will go into the match as a heavy favourite to win, who says another upset cannot occur today?
Well, it´s an interesting article, but there are numerous errors there. Miloslav Mečír comes from Slovakia, not from Czech Republic. Petra was born in Bílovec, not "Gilovec". Petra didn´t end up the year 2008 "by winning in Monzon, Spain, defeating Belgium’s Yanina Wickmayer in the final"; she won in Monzon in April 2008.

She didn´t defeat Dinara Safina 4:6, 6:4, 7:5, but 6:4, 2:6, 7:6(5). It was Yanina Wickmayer who defeated Petra 4:6, 6:4, 7:5.

She didn´t get in the top 10 after her run at AO, but after her victory in Madrid.

and so on.

Cetkovská ~ Hradecká ~ Hlaváčková ~ Hantuchova ~ Lisicki ~ Mona Barthel ~ Makarova ~ Chakvetadze ~ Laura Robson ~ Pliskova twins
Matej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #44
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

The French Open match against Kanepi was when I first discovered how good Petra could be(i'm not privy to ITF's and Juniors and all that). If you remember that match, it was held over to the next day because of either rain or darkness, so they had to come back the next day to play the 3rd set. Also, she's had a couple of nice matches in Slams with Kanepi.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #45
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Thanks. I had saw that.

The Tennis Channel, will be replaying it at 10:30pm Eastern as well.

That should be a BBC team with totally new people from NBC (since Johnnie Mac jumps around between the BBC and NBC many times) I'm guessing?
I would think Dick and Mary Joe would do the ESPN Classic broadcast. I don't get the Tennis Channel, so I don't know what feed they'd be using.