Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #421
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Though we're plenty happy with the Petra that we've already got,let's hope that the CR tennis culture continues to grow back so that future Petras have a chance to develop properly
Well, there is already one huge talent in the making (see the world junior rankings below)and he practices at the same club as Petra. Petra's bf is No. 28 but he's more than one year younger than Veselý and Petra's success should motivate him to improve huge (at least he says so).

1 VESELY, Jiri CZE 10 July 1993 1240 222.5 *1462.5
2 SAVILLE, Luke AUS 01 February 1994 1140 118.75 *1258.75
3 GOLDING, Oliver GBR 29 September 1993 1000 151.25 *1151.25
4 FRATANGELO, Bjorn USA 19 July 1993 910 73.75 *983.75
5 DELLIEN, Hugo BOL 16 June 1993 820 138.75 *958.75
6 MONTEIRO, Thiago BRA 31 May 1994 840 96.25 *936.25
7 HORANSKY, Filip SVK 07 January 1993 705 173.75 *878.75
8 MORGAN, George GBR 07 February 1993 670 191.25 *861.25
9 THIEM, Dominic AUT 03 September 1993 740 96.25 *836.25
10 BROADY, Liam GBR 04 January 1994 620 122.5 *742.5
11 UCHIDA, Kaichi JPN 23 August 1994 555 156.25 *711.25
12 KERN, Robin GER 03 October 1993 530 161.25 *691.25
13 SORGI, Joao Pedro BRA 18 October 1993 570 106.25 *676.25
14 PAVIC, Mate CRO 04 July 1993 480 177.5 *657.5
15 KRUEGER, Mitchell USA 12 January 1994 490 150 *640
16 SBOROWITZ, Matias CHI 09 July 1993 540 87.5 *627.5
17 HARRIS, Andrew AUS 07 March 1994 485 108.75 593.75
18 DE LOORE, Joris BEL 21 April 1993 510 82.5 *592.5
19 MILOJEVIC, Nikola SRB 19 June 1995 540 47.5 *587.5
20 WHITTINGTON, Andrew AUS 11 August 1993 490 93.75 *583.75
21 SANT'ANNA, Bruno BRA 12 July 1993 480 90 *570
22 GIRON, Marcos USA 24 July 1993 530 40 *570
23 HIDALGO, Diego ECU 18 April 1993 440 126.25 *566.25
24 CAGNINA, Julien BEL 04 June 1994 440 123.75 *563.75
25 OFNER, Patrick AUT 06 May 1993 515 47.5 *562.5
26 CARBALLES BAENA, Roberto ESP 23 March 1993 410 145 555
27 DUBARENCO, Maxim MDA 24 June 1993 420 131.25 *551.25
28 PAVLASEK, Adam CZE 08 October 1994 460 87.5 *547.5
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #422
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yes it does.

Thank You Petronius, for your time, research and answers.
I also forgot that one of the best "products" of the old system was the lefty Petr Korda, who was world No.2 after winning Aussie Open in 1998 and was just one match away from the No. 1 spot, but would never make it.

He was also amazing in 1993, when he pocketed $2 million in just a week by winning the GrandSlam Cup (beating Sampras in an epic semifinal). Great player.
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #423
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Petronius

So Petra does have the support (especially being such a successful player now), if she wanted to test herself/or something on some fancy machine; that she could find something via the Czech Gov't/support system, and not have to pay for it herself?

Cause the USTA, Russia (and I'm sure other countries), have National sports and Tennis centers, where they can get tested on all types of fancy equipment, if/when they want to. I was just curious, let's say if Petra wanted to track her speed (or get faster), would she do it strictly with her coaches (and who they could hire), or is their National Support, being A Fed Cup Player, at her disposal, if she wanted?

Now that Petra's hopefully on the verge of #1, it reminds me of (and why I asked you initially Petronius), a conversation in the past, when I mentioned to someone Petra would be number one. They told me "I don't think so; cause no woman has been number one recently, who didn't come through the US Tennis system". I'm going to throw in the Russian one as well. When I thought about it, I said "Wow", He's got a point. Most of the WTA #1' (even the Central and Eastern European ones, both past and present), eventually came to or trained in the US. Today, the Soviets have their system as well, obviously.

Now if Petra could be #1, just working with her local coach and Tennis Club, and with out a interlocking National System (which I know you mentioned Petronius is present and growing), it got me to thinking, what is there/left in the great post Soviet tennis nation of the Czech Republic? Hence, my original post to you.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #424
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Well, there is already one huge talent in the making (see the world junior rankings below)and he practices at the same club as Petra. Petra's bf is No. 28 but he's more than one year younger than Veselý and Petra's success should motivate him to improve huge (at least he says so).
Yes,I'm not encouraging this sort of mocking with regard to Petra and Adam but,once he'd had the chance to establish himself,I'm sure that Adam would receive a fair amount of ribbing from the other male players if he consistently underachieved and was badly outshone by Petra...for now,the expectations aren't so high b/c Petra is...ummmm...a 'little bit' older and has had time to find her place somewhat in the WTA

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #425
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold

There is an interesting article about PK's off-the court assignements:

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...t-hvezdou.html

Quote:
Champion Petra Kvitova: Everyone wants to be a star
There are stacks of invitations to a variety of media and social events laying on the table of Miroslav Cerno$ek, the manager of the perhaps the largest current sport celebrity (in the Czech Republic), Petry Kvitove. The Czech tennis player will have to decline many of them. She will not manage to attend to all of them, even though she is taking rest from tennis for three weeks. However, she does not mind to attend to at least some of them anymore. Apparently she understood that the change in attitude is required after this season ..."She hadn’t been going night-clubbing, girlfriends came to her home. She never had been into parties or similar events, "says Jiri Kvita, father of the current world number two.

Even with maturing age, his daughter has not changed in this regard. The turning point in her life happened in July of this year, when she became a Wimbledon winner. Tennis made her overnight into the first class celebrity.

"I am glad that Petra listened and took notice that her life would simply never be the same," says Miroslav Cerno$ek, Kvitova’s manager. "She thought that although she had won Wimbledon, otherwise nothing in her life would change. Today she knows that she was wrong, "continues Cerno$ek.

"We do not want to make the mistake that we overwhelm Petra with participations in similar events, tennis is still in the first place, but she has achieved awesome results. And I think it is necessary to capitalize on these achievements as much as possible, "said Cerno$ek.
The media image of Czech tennis player is changing but slowly. Still is in the public eye as a player who is not interested to be a star. "I think it's nonsense," responds a native of Bílovec.

"Everyone wants to be a star. Of course that it is agreeable to me that there is an interest in myself. And I have understood that my life after this season has really changed. I do not want to be a celebrity at any cost though. The one that wants to be seen visible everywhere, wants to keep constantly being taking pictures of and so on. I am not interested in it. Nothing must not be over the top, " she adds.

After returning from Moscow, Kvitova, where she helped the Czech team to win the Fed Cup, is looking ahead to a three-week vacation. After that she begins in the Tatras preparation for the new season. Any loss of her motivation, after sensational results of this year, is not happening.

"I know that I managed to win Wimledon and Year-End Tournament of Champions. But we still have three more Grand Slams. And I am second ranked ...," suggesting that among other things, she is thinking to conquer the world throne.

"Of course I will try. Although you can never tell if you are going to manage to make it. Caroline (Wozniacki) can of course also get points, Azarenka is not losing on me much, it is very even (at the top). Anyone may be number 1, "says Kvitova.
Also another interesting interview is here:

http://www.denik.cz/z_domova/kvitova...-nemyslim.html

PK claims that she is not very talented but rather her success is attributed to "hard work and dedication".
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #426
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikezAreForever! View Post
PK claims that she is not very talented but rather her success is attributed to "hard work and dedication".
For sure,Petra is being humble with her self-assessment,but she's somewhat unique in the sense that I can't remember the last WTA elite who hadn't already garnered serious attention during her teenage years....Petra was still relatively anonymous as a teen compare with the hype that others have gotten

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #427
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds Good Bikez

"I'm liking what I'm hearing from Queen Petra".

Thanks!
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 04:36 AM   #428
country flag bruce goose

Some F-One commentators apparently made some snotty-ass remarks about the WTA today;they might be a couple of swishy punks who dream of polishing Fed,Nole or Rafa's knob...or perhaps they just need to catch one of Petra's matches

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #429
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Petra was voted the WTA’s 2011 Player of the Year, as expected. She was also named Most Improved Player and was awarded the Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #430
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
In re your other comments above that I didn't include here,it amazes me how stupid the security teams are in some of these countries.Though it's FARRRR from being a soccer country,in talent OR fan support(and I'm referring to native-born Americans and not foreigners who live there),the U.S. is an excellent WC host b/c their police force is very good at handling those mega-loser soccer hooligans;IIRC,rioting was virtually non-existent when the U.S. hosted.Throwing those bums in jail for a couple hours won't do jack shit as a deterrent,but when you knock out a few of their teeth with clubs and force them to eat through a straw for 2 or 3 months,THEN they'll remember to riot somewhere ELSE.It's unrealistic to expect even an ounce of common sense from the inbreds at FIFA,yet they could TOTALLY clean things up by declaring countries ineligible for the WC if they failed to take adequate security measures.In instances where poor nations didn't have the needed funds to make changes,the wealthier FIFA participants could all chip in a small portion for that purpose....This will all happen when hell freezes over,of course,since FIFA=Polar Opposite of Intelligent,Rational Thought

Now that you and I have wandered WAYYYY off topic,I guess we should get back on track by acknowledging that no one posted about my suggestion that we could form a separate Off-season Thread....We can interpret the silence as "NO!"
Thankfully Bruce, at the international matches played in CZ, the crowds tend to be much better behaved. The hooligans tend to infest the Gambrinus League games, the nation's domestic league.

No need for another off-topic thread. My two cents.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #431
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Petra was voted the WTA’s 2011 Player of the Year, as expected. She was also named Most Improved Player and was awarded the Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award.
As well as fan voted Breakthrough Player of the Year (4 awards in total!)
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #432
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Though we're plenty happy with the Petra that we've already got,let's hope that the CR tennis culture continues to grow back so that future Petras have a chance to develop properly
Couldn't agree more Bruce. I hope Petra inspires an army of young players to take up the sport and carry on the great tradition that is Czech tennis.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #433
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

"This season has been simply a dream," Kvitova said. "It is an incredible honor to win the Player Of The Year award and join the ranks of some of the best players that have ever played the sport, especially Martina Navratilova. I will always cherish the 2011 season and look forward to building on it."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201111...256076_2515754
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #434
country flag Petronius

Quote:
He's not exactly a household name,in North America,for us to over- or underestimate him;he's not any real threat to Petra's career success or happiness,do you think?(if so,please explain)
Well, he is probably overjoyed that his investment in Petra - who was nobody when she joined the club five yrs ago - is starting to pay off. I think he has 25 percent of every dollar she earns, whether in prize money or in advertising deals. So it is in his best interests to ensure Petra is thriving, both on and off court. I've also read that he mulls the possibility of building a special indoors court in Prostějov for Petra and others to practice on.
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #435
country flag Excelscior

@Petronius

Friendly FYI

I'm sure Cersonek makes 25% of Petra's dealings outside of Tennis (as he stated). But I'm also certain, that his percentage of her on court tennis earnings are 3-7%. That's pretty standard in the business. And it's not outrageous for player agents to get a higher percentage of off the court earnings, but a much lower percentage on the court.

I don't know for sure (but based on experience), I highly doubt that he makes that high of a percentage off of her tennis earnings. Like I said, most individual and team sports, don't allow player agents to earn a percentage of more than 3-7 percent of their direct sports earnings.

Now even if the WTA didn't have those stipulations, I'm sure players could always find other player agents (or be advised/directed to) someone much cheaper, who would take those 3-7% of earnings; making anyone that would charge 25% look like an absolute crook.

So I highly doubt it!