Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #346
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Is Tokyo Petra's next tournament?
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #347
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately,18 Majors,it appears that Godzilla has gone crazy and destroyed much of Tokyo again,so Petra won't be going there for a few years,at least

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #348
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Unfortunately,18 Majors,it appears that Godzilla has gone crazy and destroyed much of Tokyo again,so Petra won't be going there for a few years,at least
That's a pity. I's hopeful because Petra is still on their website.

http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/en/player/
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #349
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Bollettieri : Your crazy lefty have to slow down

What did you say that Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova lost her first round in Us Open ?

She was in a great form in Wimbledon. Everybody expected the same here. But she is still young. How old is she exactly?

You see. Most top women players are older, from 23 to 30 including Williams sisters. Atp it is the same. Now it is much tougher for younger players to get to the top than 15 years ago.

So you think Petra can improve?

When your Miss is hot she is unbeatable. Her service is hard to return. Nobody knows its direction. For sure it can not last forever, but she mustn´t have extreme ups and downs.

What would you advice her now ?

She showed us she can win Grand slam. That she is able to do that. Now from my opinion she should slow down little bit. Her team should analyze what happened and get ready a plan.

She need to change her style?

It´s fact she made a lot of errors here. She will never only try to keep the ball in the court. On the other side she can not try to hit a homerun everytime. Because there are days when you not hitting lines. She should realize that. She need stability to be dangerous evreytime she is playing.

You think she can retain more big titles or was it a fluke ?

Until Serena will finished her career it will be very difficult for anybody else. But Serena will play for 2 years maybe and then. Kvitova is very talented and she is lefty. You know lefties are little crazy.

Really ?

Yes. That´s why they are so good. The most talented player I´ve worked with was Marcelo Rios. She could be one of the best but his head was not able to work with his talent. Kvitova should understand, that she could not play bombs every time. She need a plan B.

Interview continues about Berdych, Vaidišová, tennis parents and personal

MF Dnes paper version of www.idnes.cz

Another source
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...ala-chybu.html

Last edited by paulmara : Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #350
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Nick Bollettieri : Your crazy lefty have to slow down

What did you say that Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova lost her first round in Us Open ?

She was in a great form in Wimbledon. Everybody expected the same here. But she is still young. How old is she exactly?

You see. Most top women players are older, from 23 to 30 including Williams sisters. Atp it is the same. Now it is much tougher for younger players to get to the top than 15 years ago.

So you think Petra can improve?

When your Miss is hot she is unbeatable. Her service is hard to return. Nobody knows its direction. For sure it can not last forever, but she mustn´t have extreme ups and downs.

What would you advice her now ?

She showed us she can win Grand slam. That she is able to do that. Now from my opinion she should slow down little bit. Her team should analyze what happened and get ready a plan.

She need to change her style?

It´s fact she made a lot of errors here. She will never only try to keep the ball in the court. On the other side she can not try to hit a homerun everytime. Because there are days when you not hitting lines. She should realize that. She need stability to be dangerous evreytime she is playing.

You think she can retain more big titles or was it a fluke ?

Until Serena will finished her career it will be very difficult for anybody else. But Serena will play for 2 years maybe and then. Kvitova is very talented and she is lefty. You know lefties are little crazy.

Really ?

Yes. That´s why they are so good. The most talented player I´ve worked with was Marcelo Rios. She could be one of the best but his head was not able to work with his talent. Kvitova should understand, that she could not play bombs every time. She need a plan B.

Interview continues about Berdych, Vaidišová, tennis parents and personal

MF Dnes paper version of www.idnes.cz
The grammar's a little choppy but the translation is fairly clear(which makes me think it WASN'T google translator).Thanks for the decent,insightful article!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #351
country flag 18majors

Petra will give Serena a run for her money if they meet at the final of a big event.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #352
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of Coconut91 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Petra will give Serena a run for her money if they meet at the final of a big event.
I think she's one of the very few players who can beat Serena. If she's really on, no doubt she can do it.

I miss her so much Can't wait for one of those "domination-mode" tournaments of hers where her opponents are helpless and beats Petkovic 61 63
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #353
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Czech Intelligence Service Tracks Down Petra Stalker via Live TV News Feed

Stalker Suspect : Right hand corner in Blue long sleeve Shirt and Black pants, Shades pulled up on head & wearing Black 'Nerdy' Rucksack scampering away suspiciously (opening 0-1seconds)

Enhanced Photo of alleged Suspect released by Prague Police to the Media below:

Damn you have good eyes Moose. I almost didn't even notice myself in that clip. With your keen powers of observation you have excellent stalker potential also. Currently, I'm being patient and waiting for Petra to return to the next Prague Open.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #354
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not exactly sure what match Bolleteri was watching (though he indicated he didn't really see it, by asking questions), but Petra didn't make errors cause she was going for the lines; Petra made errors, cause she was in terrible form and couldn't keep ANY shot in bounds it seemed. Lol.

Couple that with the fact that her opponent sucked up the joint hitting errors as herself, and Petra didn't go to the net (off of a good serve or rare decent approach shot), press the issue to force an error, and there you have it. Petra loses to a nobody in the first round.

Better luck next time and in the future, for our Czech Lioness!

Comeback to us Petra!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 02:13 PM   #355
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Kvitova returns. Champions Tournament is a nice threat, says coach Kotyza

http://translate.google.com/translat...32419_tenis_ma
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 05:43 PM   #356
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Are you satisfied with google translation ?
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM   #357
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Are you satisfied with google translation ?
if i just posted the original website, most of us will still go to google translation, so, doesn't matter a lot i guess
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM   #358
country flag paulmara

So I don´t have to bother.

TENNIS.com: Young players like Caroline Wozniacki and Agnieszka Radwanska have cited you as an influence on them. When you look at the top young players, including Petra Kvitova and Victoria Azarenka, whose game excites you most and who's best built for long-term success?

Martina Hingis: Oh definitely Kvitova. I love her game. She reminds me a little bit of Petr Korda as a lefty; the same fluid strokes like him. Even if she is in danger, Kvitova can still come out with great shots because she knows what she’s doing. It’s exciting to me to see someone so young with such a knowledge of the game. I miss that in today’s game in a lot of the girls.

http://blogs.tennis.com/the_pro_shop...hingis-qa.html

http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/hin...-kvitove-8803/

Last edited by paulmara : Sep 22nd, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:19 PM   #359
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Translation is horrible sometimes, but it's better than nothing, and I appreciate you (Reyeszjj) connecting us to the link, so we don't have to do it ourselves. Lol
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 04:33 AM   #360
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
So I don´t have to bother.

TENNIS.com: Young players like Caroline Wozniacki and Agnieszka Radwanska have cited you as an influence on them. When you look at the top young players, including Petra Kvitova and Victoria Azarenka, whose game excites you most and who's best built for long-term success?

Martina Hingis: Oh definitely Kvitova. I love her game. She reminds me a little bit of Petr Korda as a lefty; the same fluid strokes like him. Even if she is in danger, Kvitova can still come out with great shots because she knows what she’s doing. It’s exciting to me to see someone so young with such a knowledge of the game. I miss that in today’s game in a lot of the girls.

http://blogs.tennis.com/the_pro_shop...hingis-qa.html

http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/hin...-kvitove-8803/
Hingis picked Petra as her current fave just like her Czech namesake apparently has done