Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #286
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
You're welcome Ex. Here's a nice tribute to our Czech lioness: Unfortunately, I cannot give due credit to the original creator. Be that as it may, enjoy!

The image is Petra represented in the form of the classic two-tailed lion of old Bohemia (the western and central part of the present Czech Republic).

However! Petra is technically from Moravia-Silesia (Moravskosleský) in the northeastern portion of the country. In that corner of the country a double-tailed eagle with various backgrounds represents the area symbolically. So, is she a Moravian-Silesian eagress or a Czech lioness? To avoid being anal, I suggest we just go with the latter. Apparently, Petra's okay with it so why shouldn't we be. QPF
Hey Queen Petra Fan.

Petra's for country/Czech unity. Lol.

Thanks. I missed this (must of happened when I posted that article earlier), cause I was busy.

As always thanks for the Geography lesson, and that Lioness Pic. You know I had seen it a few weeks ago, and was wondering, "why in hell did they put Petra in that Ugly Ass symbol". Lol. She had claws and everything. But now I know,and it makes sense. She's the Czech Lioness. Got it!

Thanks Again.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #287
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post

How tough can the hiking be if the old ass coach is hiking with them?

PS: That's a terrible picture of both Berdych and Safarova on top. Lol.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #288
country flag HeySafZvoneRenka
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold HeySafZvoneRenka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I LOVE WHEN BERDYCH HAD LONG HAIR
HeySafZvoneRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #289
country flag Excelscior

Congratulations Petra Kvitova (and Vikapower for calling it) on your current #6 WTA ranking, with 5561 ranking points.

Petra is only 110 points behind LI NA for the #5 spot, and can pass her if she does well in Cincy, and/or Li Na gets knocked out early.

Petra is still currently #2 in the Race To Istanbul, with 5162 points; less than 700 points behind leader Caroline Wozniaki, and 77 points in front 3rd place race leader, Maria Sharapova.

Let's Hope that Kvitty can Slay them all this time/this week, making Cincinnati her new Lions Den, and go Big Game Hunting while playing there!?

She has a decent draw, so hopefully she'll be in good form, so she can feast on all her competitor's?

Good Luck in Cincinnati Petra!!!
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #290
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Congratulations Petra Kvitova (and Vikapower for calling it) on your current #6 WTA ranking, with 5561 ranking points.

Petra is only 110 points behind LI NA for the #5 spot, and can pass her if she does well in Cincy, and/or Li Na gets knocked out early.

Petra is still currently #2 in the Race To Istanbul, with 5162 points; less than 700 points behind leader Caroline Wozniaki, and 77 points in front 3rd place race leader, Maria Sharapova.

Let's Hope that Kvitty can Slay them all this time/this week, making Cincinnati her new Lions Den, and go Big Game Hunting while playing there!?

She has a decent draw, so hopefully she'll be in good form, so she can feast on all her competitor's?

Good Luck in Cincinnati Petra!!!
Yes, I was going to write about it in the stats thread but nonetheless, she's 110 points from Li Na so the only thing Petra needs to do right now is to just make it 1 round better than the chinese or at least make the QFs and she'll clinch a new career high at #5... and as you noted out, if Li does not cover her 125 points by getting knocked out early for example Petra might not even need to win a round but let's to not diffuse such thoughts.

Yes, good luck Petra.

Last edited by Vikapower : Aug 16th, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #291
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Petra is destined to be No. 1 someday.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #292
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quotable Quotes... Cincinnati's All-Access

Petra Kvitova

On her father's reaction to her winning Wimbledon...
"He cried. He was my coach until I was 16 and we worked so hard for so long. He still sees me as his little baby! But even though people recognize me more and are asking for autographs and pictures, me, I'm the same girl."

On her favorite surface...
"Before my favorite surface was hard, but now it's grass! Also, before this year I didn't think I could really do well on clay, but after I won Madrid I think I like it better. I like all surfaces, but my favorite is grass now."

On the Open...
"I like the US Open for sure, especially the night sessions with the crowds. In French Open and Wimbledon there aren't any night sessions. And it's in New York City - it's probably the most famous city in the world. And the surface is a little bit faster than other hardcourt tournaments, like Toronto, for example. I prefer indoor hardcourts, but I like that it's a faster outdoor hardcourt."

On when she thought to herself she could win a Slam...
"After I won Wimbledon! When I went to Wimbledon I didn't think I would win.

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...423627,00.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #293
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Book on Petra Kvitova!

Petra Kvitova: La relève du tennis (French Edition) [Paperback] Chrystèle Poirier (Editor)

Book Description

Publication Date: July 14, 2011
Née le 8 mars 1990 à Bilovec, en Tchécoslovaquie, Petra Kvitova devient professionelle en 2006. Classée dans le Top 100 mondial, elle remporte son premier titre WTA à Hobart, mais la révélation se fera lors du tournoi de Wimbledon 2010 quand elle atteint les demi-finales ou elle s'inclinera face à Serena Williams. Elle obtiendra même le tire de Révélation de l'année aux WTA Awards. A force de travail elle revient en 2011 encore plus forte. En mai 2011, elle remporte l'Open de Madrid, classé Premier Mandatory. Elle s'imposera aussi au tournoi de Brisbane et celui de l'Open Gaz de France avant de remporter son premier Grand Chelem à Wimbledon en 2011.

Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: FastBook Publishing (July 14, 2011)
Language: French
ISBN-10: 613019613X
ISBN-13: 978-6130196134
Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.9 x 0.3 inches
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #294
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Book on Petra Kvitova!

Petra Kvitova: La relève du tennis (French Edition) [Paperback] Chrystèle Poirier (Editor)

Book Description

Publication Date: July 14, 2011
Née le 8 mars 1990 à Bilovec, en Tchécoslovaquie, Petra Kvitova devient professionelle en 2006. Classée dans le Top 100 mondial, elle remporte son premier titre WTA à Hobart, mais la révélation se fera lors du tournoi de Wimbledon 2010 quand elle atteint les demi-finales ou elle s'inclinera face à Serena Williams. Elle obtiendra même le tire de Révélation de l'année aux WTA Awards. A force de travail elle revient en 2011 encore plus forte. En mai 2011, elle remporte l'Open de Madrid, classé Premier Mandatory. Elle s'imposera aussi au tournoi de Brisbane et celui de l'Open Gaz de France avant de remporter son premier Grand Chelem à Wimbledon en 2011.

Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: FastBook Publishing (July 14, 2011)
Language: French
ISBN-10: 613019613X
ISBN-13: 978-6130196134
Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.9 x 0.3 inches
toute l'actualité par wikipedia

but too expensive, otherwise i would like to have a check
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #295
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

It was posted on GM.

Quote:
Kvitova talked about not being 100%. "I played badly, made many mistakes, but she played well," she said. "In the second set I was a little dizzy and had cramping in my stomach. I may have been a little tired or something... I don't know what's wrong. I have a week off now, I hope I'll be better for the US Open."

"I've said it before - Petra and I are good friends. We always talk," Petkovic said. "She has asthma or something, I'm not sure, but she struggles when it's really hot and humid. I told her afterwards I hope she'll be fine for the US Open.

"She's a great girl. She stayed the same after all her success. I respect that."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201108...256076_2425223
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #296
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

New Haven Open at Yale tournament director Anne Worcester handed out her last two wild cards Thursday afternoon, giving them to French Open champion Li Na, ranked No. 5 in the world and No. 9 Marion Bartoli. That means the NHO at Yale will have four of the Top 10 players and seven of the Top 15 players in the world when the tournament starts this weekend.

I had been in close contact with both players and it was clear that the only way they would consider a wild card (to New Haven) would be if they did not win their round of 16 matches (in Cincinnati)," Worcester said. "Not that we ever want anyone to lose, but ¦" They both did.

"When we started hearing that Kim Cljsters wouldn't be able to play (abdominal tear) and that Venus (Williams) wasn't planning on playing and that (Petra) Kvitova wouldn't be able to play, we felt the luckiest we could get would be to get (Jelena) Jankovic, Bartoli and Li Na," said Worcester. "We exceeded our expectations by getting all three. It's all good."

"She never asked us to hold her a wild card," Worcester said of Williams. "But the logical assumption would be that she would consider a wild card because she needed matches but her agent told me the other day that she is still recovering and that she wasn't going to play before the Open."

ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM   #297
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

QPF was active and dug something out. For Excelsior to rest little bit.

And how is Petra exceptional from human perspective?

Kotyza : I must say that with Petra it is precious combination I don´t wanna say ordinary but so warmhearted, open and nice character. It makes her successful in sport , in which it used to be said that player must be a little bastard to win. To suceed a player must have quality that are not popular. I personally don´ t think so and this lady proves it. When she is off the court she is very relaxed, a good person. But when she is on the court, she changed. I believe she is a pure sportwoman, that we talk about but they are vanishing. She looks that way and it is very likeable.

http://www.magazintenis.cz/
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #298
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

What Kotyza said in that quote is exactly why I'm a fan. Wimbledon or no Wimbledon, she is just great because of that attitude on the court without the prima donna crap and celebrity-seeking off the court. But the biggest reason I'm a fan is that she hits WINNERS, which the rest of the tour have forgotten how to do.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #299
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Nice contributions by 'Mac' and 'Paulmara'...there are players who'll go unnamed here that are very good at fabricating--with the help of their p.r. teams--a phony,contrived Virgin Mary image...yet Petra is charmingly clumsy with how she presents herself,so it's almost as if she weren't 'sophisticated' enough to create such a facade.It's just about unanimous: I've heard only positive things said about Petra by other players and tennis insiders;either they don't know her well and can't comment or they're delighted by her character.....a REALLY easy gal to get behind

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #300
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Wish Petra the best of everything.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote