Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 197 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #2941
country flag Synth

Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all Synth is a name known to all
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Nice WSJ article about what training was like for Kvitova growing up:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/petra...ers-1409101236
Synth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #2942
country flag outlier

outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of

Petra as an outlier
outlier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #2943
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
Petra as an outlier
I knew this is coming.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #2944
country flag forehander96

forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice forehander96 is just really nice

Quote:
because it's easy to smoke cigarettes or something like that
LOL
forehander96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #2945
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

I just read it. Very nice to read about Petra's stories growing up, so it was her father who taught Petra her strokes right? Well he is a teacher after all. It was so touching to see him crying at Wimbledon
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #2946
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

"Touching"? Im not sure if thats the right description of the feeling. He was doing his own best for her while she was young. At some moment she decided he doesn't have more to give, so she left to Prostejov. He felt quite embrarassed/betrayed until he found out that this was the only right choice for her. He did his part perfectly and she did what would be the best for her at the right time.
I think, at the second Wimbledon final match, he just found out that it was all just right and he won this "match of the life" together with his daugther.
I wish i have father like that.
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #2947
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
"Touching"? Im not sure if thats the right description of the feeling. He was doing his own best for her while she was young. At some moment she decided he doesn't have more to give, so she left to Prostejov. He felt quite embrarassed/betrayed until he found out that this was the only right choice for her. He did his part perfectly and she did what would be the best for her at the right time.
I think, at the second Wimbledon final match, he just found out that it was all just right and he won this "match of the life" together with his daugther.
I wish i have father like that.
Are you sure?
I just cannot buy this vision of the 16 year old Petra who just finished primary school saying "Dad, you're fired! I'm going to the Prostejov Club."

I think it was rather them (Cernosek and his scouts) who found out about her and convinced her parents that they will give her everything she needs if she joins their club and signs the contract with the devil.
Quote:
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #2948
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Are you sure?
I just cannot buy this vision of the 16 year old Petra who just finished primary school saying "Dad, you're fired! I'm going to the Prostejov Club."

I think it was rather them (Cernosek and his scouts) who found out about her and convinced her parents that they will give her everything she needs if she joins their club and signs the contract with the devil.
yeah that sounds about right
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 09:16 AM   #2949
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Marijn Bal, Petra´s agent

http://sport.idnes.cz/marijn-bal-ang...3156_tenis_ten

Last edited by paulmara : Sep 3rd, 2014 at 05:56 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #2950
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...d-Branson.HTML

Lame.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #2951
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Quote:
Which sportsman would you like to be?
If I’m allowed to choose a man it would be Jaromir Jagr, the Czech ice hockey legend who plays for New Jersey Devils.
Interesting, Jagr is perfect example of somebody who was able to turn huge talent into a big success by extreme hard work, if only she had at least 10% of his work ethic and dedication to the sport she would be the next Serena.

Quote:
Three most-listened to songs on your i-pod?
Am I Wrong by Nico and Vinz, Rip Tight by Vince Joy and Budapest by Ezra
Oh, Petra, it's Riptide by Vance Joy.

It's not that bad after all, I was a little worried at the start of the interview but the questions got a bit more interesting at the end.
Quote:
Old Sep 9th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #2952
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Interesting, Jagr is perfect example of somebody who was able to turn huge talent into a big success by extreme hard work, if only she had at least 10% of his work ethic and dedication to the sport she would be the next Serena.

Oh, Petra, it's Riptide by Vance Joy.

It's not that bad after all, I was a little worried at the start of the interview but the questions got a bit more interesting at the end.
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #2953
country flag elan vital

elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all elan vital is a name known to all

Does the lack of ambitions limit PK? I've just read a Q&A article with PK and I find her answers alarming. Not only she says that she has already achieved what she had WANTED to achieve this year (a slam), but also that she would be fine hadn't she made it to Singapore. A player of her calibre should have a desire to conquer the Tour, don't you think? She also gives FED Cup a slight preference to the YEC. I would rather see her win the YEC than FED Cup, preferably both of course.

This is a Google translation of the article. Focus on the last two answers.
elan vital is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #2954
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Are you sure?

This transition was much more complicated, than both of you might think...
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #2955
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan vital View Post
Does the lack of ambitions limit PK? I've just read a Q&A article with PK and I find her answers alarming. Not only she says that she has already achieved what she had WANTED to achieve this year (a slam), but also that she would be fine hadn't she made it to Singapore. A player of her calibre should have a desire to conquer the Tour, don't you think? She also gives FED Cup a slight preference to the YEC. I would rather see her win the YEC than FED Cup, preferably both of course.

This is a Google translation of the article. Focus on the last two answers.
That maxi-desire is good for those like Radwa or Woz, who always wanted to climb the top declaring it in several press interviews, but actually never did it (still being slamless, YEC-less). Petra neednt mention to press, which all trophies she still wants to get. She better shows that on the court and thats much better...
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote