Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 190 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #2836
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Well, there is marketing and there is straight out pimping ala some of Stacey's poor attempts with Genie and Sloane where you just have to feel sorry for the players. Petra enjoyed some of magazine appearances and all those Nike commercial she was doing before. It will be just like this but little more, also now at those irrelevant MMs and lesser Premiers she will be headlined as main contender. I doubt she will turn into La Borz who had more off court sponsorship commitments then combined time she spent on court.

Another good example is Vichka, she is not really marketable nor she has classic pr blondie look but her agent doing really good job
IF god forbid, Petra wins The US Open, somebody has to be there to capitalize on it.

It's obvious, Petra's good looking, has a great personality, has humongous talent (that we know), while winning two majors. But honestly, she's underperformed. We know that.

Let's hope, this is Petra and her team signaling, they want to win more now?

Yes, she's from a small country. However if she wins, and with her style of enjoyable play, Petra can rack up the endorsements certainly. This is the reasoning behind them signing her.

Now, how much of this stuff she wants to do, I don't know? However, if it follows big wins, I have no problem for it, as it's a win win situation.

Petra's gotta grow up, learn the tennis and outside world sometime.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #2837
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuju View Post
is that kvityy in ur pic?? oh my !! oh my!!
Yes, it's cropped from this image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
I don't see it proving anything.
That's what a self-created pressure can do to a Petra's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Can we at least get a hitting partner first?

Had to say that.

I look at the Citizen commercials here with Vika and her poor English and say, why can't that be Petra? I'm sure someone in her camp or IMG must have said the same thing.

The irony is: Why the hell did she hook up with Cersonek in the first place, when you could have been internationally marketed since you won Wimby in 2011 (not that would have helped her suckage)?

Yeah, exactly.

You're keep forgetting what was before 2011. Cernosek and The Prostejov club helped this little girl - from a little village (from outside world point of view) called Fulnek from a family who bought a car just so they could travel to the junior tournaments with her - to get to the very top. Practically, there is no other way how somebody from The Czech Republic can become a top 10 player. And she haven't chosen him, her parents did and it took her some time to realize what she wants and how the thing are working.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #2838
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I don't understand why fans get all excited about players getting endorsements... I really don't view that as anything positive. All it does is add stress and pressure.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #2839
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I guess I don't understand why fans get all excited about players getting endorsements... I really don't view that as anything positive. All it does is add stress and pressure.
I get you Jimmie.

But we'll see what happens, how she handles it?

In her case, it may bring her more maturity, tennis contacts/relationships, and/or responsibility.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #2840
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Exactly, she's not a player who just turned 30 and desperately needs to make some money before retiring.

Right now, she should concentrate on tennis, her game, coaches, mental preparation and then there can be the rest if there's any room or time.

P.S.: I've read about what's up with Petra and Cernosek now, he'll do the Davis Cup/Fed Cup and sponsorship deals and other non-tennis stuff in The Czech Republic for her as he's been doing so far.

So, it's not so big change after all.
Quote:
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #2841
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Exactly, she's not a player who just turned 30 and desperately needs to make some money before retiring.

Right now, she should concentrate on tennis, her game, coaches, mental preparation and then there can be the rest if there's any room or time.

P.S.: I've read about what's up with Petra and Cernosek now, he'll do the Davis Cup/Fed Cup and sponsorship deals and other non-tennis stuff in The Czech Republic for her as he's been doing so far.

So, it's not so big change after all.
This is what I meant by my earlier quote.

Cersonek, couldn't help her internationally back then (maybe he promised he could, I dunno), so why stick with him exclusively?

He's not helping her internationally now, it's IMG.

Yes, she could have left him altogether in 2011, and I wouldn't have cared as well. Lol

Yes, Petra's still tied up with him for her Czech related deals (along with the tennis related stuff) as you said.

Let's hope in a weird kinda way, this new endeavor (unless it's in name only till Petra actually does something again) forces Petra to be more alert and cognizant of her performances?

I dunno.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #2842
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

Quote:
Seriously, I don't see how this will work out good unless they get her to bend over backwards.

Petra is just not the type of streamlined PR doll IMG usually works with, it's simply is not a good fit. The marketing BS quote above is a good first example, such stuff is simply not believable when it comes to Petra.

But I guess her management played a hand in this.
Well, I think it can be good or bad, but it depends on Petra and how she handles everything. Hopefully this can give her some sense of responsability and motivation to focus on winning matches.
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #2843
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

i think the img deal is really positive - it's gonna afford her the best tennis resources that she can take advantage of, instead of just being restricted to ones that are in CR...and I think she is more mature and will handle the pressure better now after a 2nd major win...she's been through and has been exposed to the circus the first time around so I think she will manage the expectations better now...and if anything, the added pressure from more sponsorships will FORCE petra to step it up even more
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #2844
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

The IMG thing is the best news in last couple of (years). Finally Petra get what she really deserves. And finally she gets out of Cernosek's claws. Very happy for her.
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #2845
country flag Excelscior

To Tennis Addict, Vendulkabendulka:

I would love to (as you guys), if Petra was able to slip away some from Cersonek.

However, that remains to be seen?

I read the article, and that made a clear distinction that Cersonek would still deal with her Czech related promotional stuff. Now, how much she really needs to be by him to do that is a question (what else can she really do there)? I dunno. The rest of the world, is certainly a lot bigger than the Czech Republic.

Now, as far as it's being reported, this is not a tennis deal (though we all pray of course, IT IS whether officially, unofficially or tangentially). It's for international promotional and marketing (though of course tied into her exploits on the Tennis court). Petra should still be playing Fed Cup, Czech Extraliga, etc., for the Sith Lord of Prostojev as far as we know.

Nonetheless, just the whole idea that Petra is now with IMG for international marketing, is a good thing, I feel. Petra deserves it (working with world wide, first class people). As I said, I see Vika doing these Citizen commercials (watches I own to boot), with her poor English, and say to myself, "hey why couldn't Petra do that". Vika's not even worth promoting at the moment. And after winning her second Wimbledon, Petra certainly deserves the opportunity.

This can only be a good endeavor from my point of view, bringing Petra change, and something to think, and possible focus on for the future. The fact that they wrote in the press release, how she can win so many more majors [we hope] filters down to Petra and her ahem coaching, team as well.

PS: Not sure how much Petra reveals to Li Na. But when you really think about, Li Na would be one of the best people for Petra to talk in regards to her career direction, and breaking away from a tight fist-ed entity (Cersonek in Petra's case, and The Chinese Tennis Federation/Government with Li Na). Interesting.

Speaking about Cersonek: I really hope this wasn't his idea. 1) Petra wouldn't need him to strike this type of deal. 2) He's going to take a disproportionately bigger cut, possibly if he does. Hopefully, it's a small percentage.

Note: Cersonek, complained the other day to a magazine, that he couldn't bring Petra international moneys (duh) cause he didn't speak English and lacked the contacts. Duh II. SMH
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #2846
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but a Petra fan shouldn't really criticize any other player's ability to speak English

Vika's command of the English language is very much superior to Petra. She does have an accent of course but she has a much better command on the grammatical side and her vocabulary is much larger as well.

I really wonder if the iMG deal will force Petra to improve her English because for someone who spends her days in an international environment, it still is rather rather poor as she is still making fundamental grammatical mistakes with pretty much every sentence.

I guess what Petra really needs is a non-Czech boyfriend, a situation that forces her to express herself in English day in and out.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #2847
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I'm sorry but a Petra fan shouldn't really criticize any other player's ability to speak English

Vika's command of the English language is very much superior to Petra. She does have an accent of course but she has a much better command on the grammatical side and her vocabulary is much larger as well.

I really wonder if the IMG deal will force Petra to improve her English because for someone who spends her days in an international environment, it still is rather rather poor as she is still making fundamental grammatical mistakes with pretty much every sentence.

I guess what Petra really needs is a non-Czech boyfriend, a situation that forces her to express herself in English day in and out.
I really didn't want to bring up Vika. But when I actually heard/listened to Vika on that Citizen commercial, her English was really bad. It's true. And it was only a few words (entering the stadium).

Just think about how many times she must have rehearsed that commercial.

All the other stuff you said really doesn't matter, but thanks.
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #2848
country flag *Jack*

Quote:

I really wonder if the iMG deal will force Petra to improve her English because for someone who spends her days in an international environment, it still is rather rather poor as she is still making fundamental grammatical mistakes with pretty much every sentence.

I believe that it is mainly because she's so nervous all the time. I also can write pretty fluently and without basic mistakes (I hope ) but when I meet a native speaker, I can't find the right words or I'm making easy mistakes because it doesn't happen to me very often.
I'm still trying to find something official, though.

To Excelscior: I don't want to ruin your day or anything, but I've read an article where apparently Cernosek says it is a three side deal between him, her and IMG. I hope it doesn't mean that he will get money and credit without actually doing anything that googling their number and giving it to her.
Quote:
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #2849
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
It means more money for Petra from endorsement deals and hopefully right pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Well, there is marketing and there is straight out pimping ala some of Stacey's poor attempts with Genie and Sloane where you just have to feel sorry for the players. Petra enjoyed some of magazine appearances and all those Nike commercial she was doing before. It will be just like this but little more, also now at those irrelevant MMs and lesser Premiers she will be headlined as main contender. I doubt she will turn into La Borz who had more off court sponsorship commitments then combined time she spent on court.

Another good example is Vichka, she is not really marketable nor she has classic pr blondie look but her agent doing really good job
Nike commercials? really?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #2850
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I believe that it is mainly because she's so nervous all the time. I also can write pretty fluently and without basic mistakes (I hope ) but when I meet a native speaker, I can't find the right words or I'm making easy mistakes because it doesn't happen to me very often.
That surely plays a role but I think she really struggles when she has to go away from the few "set pieces" of answers she has. She's comfortable giving a few random answers like regarding her off court activities etc. but as soon as somebody asks her something she's not instantly prepared to answer, she goes off the rails. Free speech in English surely isn't her thing.

I'm not criticizing her at all by the way, I actually think it is rather cute. But it is a major stumbling block when it comes to international marketing appeal so I'm really curious to see how much this will force her to step it up in that regard.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter