Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 189 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #2821
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
It means more money for Petra from endorsement deals and hopefully right pressure.
Those two things are absolute opposite of what she needs.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #2822
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“My sponsorship deals have been very focused on the Czech Republic so far so I am hoping to work with some global brands and I’m excited to see what the IMG machine can do,”
That very much sounds like something Petra has said...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #2823
country flag outlier

outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Those two things are absolute opposite of what she needs.
I think she needs pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
That very much sounds like something Petra has said...
outlier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #2824
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I don't see how this will work out good unless they get her to bend over backwards.

Petra is just not the type of streamlined PR doll IMG usually works with, it's simply is not a good fit. The marketing BS quote above is a good first example, such stuff is simply not believable when it comes to Petra.

But I guess her management played a hand in this.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #2825
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think she needs pressure.

I think you should rewatch this year's AO 1st round against Khumkhum (or what's her name), just sayin'.

Quote:
Well, yeah, you cannot believe that it was her idea.
Quote:
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #2826
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, what does it mean exactly for her?

Does is mean that she will practice in IMG Academy in Florida or is it just all about management and finding new sponsors which cannot help her tennis at all?
better marketing, better sponsors deals, more attention and worldwide recognition, more appearance fees for her. also this could lead potentially to some deals with top tier coaches but it's only speculation on my part because article only talks about deal with marketing department of IMG not other one, it would be nice if she ditched CR

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #2827
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
better marketing, better sponsors deals, more attention and worldwide recognition, more appearance fees for her. also this could lead potentially to some deals with top tier coaches but it's only speculation on my part because article only talks about deal with marketing department of IMG not other one, it would be nice if she ditched CR
This sounds a bit better.
Quote:
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2828
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra´s new agent Marijn Bal

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #2829
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously, I don't see how this will work out good unless they get her to bend over backwards.

Petra is just not the type of streamlined PR doll IMG usually works with, it's simply is not a good fit. The marketing BS quote above is a good first example, such stuff is simply not believable when it comes to Petra.

Please, IMG marketing department works with all kinds of players in all sports and does a good job, only Rock Nation is better but it's way to US focused and they don't work with tennis players

Treachery is a virus
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:11 PM   #2830
country flag thejuju

thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold thejuju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This sounds a bit better.
is that kvityy in ur pic?? oh my !! oh my!!
thejuju is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #2831
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Please, IMG marketing department works with all kinds of players in all sports and does a good job, only Rock Nation is better but it's way to US focused and they don't work with tennis players
Still, she does not seem like she enjoys this stuff at all. She called the post-Wimby press interest a "circus". That is not exactly a player that is easy to market, it's much easer with attention whores who crave to have as many photoshoots as possible.

That does not sound like Petra to me.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #2832
country flag outlier

outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think you should rewatch this year's AO 1st round against Khumkhum (or what's her name), just sayin'.
I don't see it proving anything.

With IMG, she can focus on deals with big players and don't waste her time on exhausting amount of mom'n'pop endorsements. Most likely, she'll spend more time abroad, which can help her self-esteem, English and tennis eagerness. That's how I see it. If they can help her with coaching as well, it's great.
outlier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #2833
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still, she does not seem like she enjoys this stuff at all. She called the post-Wimby press interest a "circus". That is not exactly a player that is easy to market, it's much easer with attention whores who crave to have as many photoshoots as possible.

Can we at least get a hitting partner first?

Had to say that.

Okay, back to your response. Appreciate your comments, but I think you're reading too much into them.

If Steffi Graf, could be a big time endorser, so can Petra. Let's be honest. Who was more more serious, straightforward, and all business than Steffi? No one outside of Germany and Andre ever thinks she has a personality (whether true or not).

I'm not sure who behind this decision for Petra. However, not only am I glad that she hooked up with IMG. More importantly, Petra's got the personality for it.

Though she relishes her private time, she's also quite funny, friendly and charming when speaking English in front of the camera. Petra's got a nice personality.

I look at the Citizen commercials here with Vika and her poor English and say, why can't that be Petra? I'm sure someone in her camp or IMG must have said the same thing.

Obviously, Petra's going to be expected to perform better. However, that may be a good thing, especially if she starts to listen or consult with other tennis coaching/advisors (not that this deal entails that component. It appears not).

The irony is: Why the hell did she hook up with Cersonek in the first place, when you could have been internationally marketed since you won Wimby in 2011 (not that would have helped her suckage)?

Cersonek, was never going to help her market internationally to begin with.

I guess someone opened up Petra's mind to more possibilities?

If anything: This can/will teach Petra some more professionalism, and remind Petra, "This is your Career/Job, with people relying on you, not just something you do for fun when you feel like playing Petra".
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #2834
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:

Well, there is marketing and there is straight out pimping ala some of Stacey's poor attempts with Genie and Sloane where you just have to feel sorry for the players. Petra enjoyed some of magazine appearances and all those Nike commercial she was doing before. It will be just like this but little more, also now at those irrelevant MMs and lesser Premiers she will be headlined as main contender. I doubt she will turn into La Borz who had more off court sponsorship commitments then combined time she spent on court.

Another good example is Vichka, she is not really marketable nor she has classic pr blondie look but her agent doing really good job

Treachery is a virus
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #2835
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see it proving anything.

With IMG, she can focus on deals with big players and don't waste her time on exhausting amount of mom'n'pop endorsements. Most likely, she'll spend more time abroad, which can help her self-esteem, English and tennis eagerness. That's how I see it. If they can help her with coaching as well, it's great.
Agreed.

Petra's going to have to learn to accept the challenge of working with such a great firm, and learn to be more of a professional.

Hopefully, this will translate into other areas of her personality and tennis.

Unfortunately, I feel as long as Cersonek's involved, the quality of her tennis coaches and advisors may not change much (hope I'm wrong). So Petra's going to have to make the changes and maturity development herself.

She's so far behind the other top 5 players when it comes to the quality and diversity of her tennis and support team. You get the best people, and/or those your most comfortable with, not the crumbs that Cersonek can cobble up for you, when you lose another one of his lackeys.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote