Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #256
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Peter Bodo
No. 7 Petra Kvitova: Montreal will be her first tournament since the big win in London, and given that she flamed out in the first round in the two big summer events last year (and got just three games off Clijsters in the third round of last year's U.S Open), I'm guessing she'll still be high on her Wimbledon victory and not entirely focused. And this is a pretty erratic and easily distracted player to begin with.

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/...s-part-ii.html

As if last year fall Kvitova is even comparable to this year 4 title winning Kvitova

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #257
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Has Petra arrived in Toronto?
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #258
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Peter Bodo
No. 7 Petra Kvitova: Montreal will be her first tournament since the big win in London, and given that she flamed out in the first round in the two big summer events last year (and got just three games off Clijsters in the third round of last year's U.S Open), I'm guessing she'll still be high on her Wimbledon victory and not entirely focused. And this is a pretty erratic and easily distracted player to begin with.

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/...s-part-ii.html

I saw his article (and responded to it), and it sounds like the typical, knee jerk, un-researched, lazy reaction from a reporter who obviously hasn't closely followed Kvitova, or even bothered to take the time track her progression, or mental framework.

It doesn't mean that Petra won't have a bad US Hard court season (anything is possible), but based off of her improved form, consistency, confidence, rankings and recent earnings, I don't see how Bodo can make such a Flippant remark. But I'm not surprised!

I guess he had too many people to write about, and felt "hey Petra already got her obligatory Grandslam, She's happy now, so I'll focus on some others?" Lol.

The reality is, there are very few women that can beat Petra when she's on her form, and lets hope it translate to this US Hard court season, and in particular the US Open?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #259
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Since I purposely avoid the ATP most of the time,I don't have much knowledge on Berdych so I can't comment on what kind of guy he is.However,from a purely practical standpoint at least,I hope that Petra avoids situations where it could be reasonably deduced that she 'stole' another player's bf.You Czechs can correct me if I'm wrong,but I had the perception that Lucie was fairly-well liked,so there could be an almost poisonous atmosphere in Czech FC if it were perceived that Petra welcomed Tomas' advances while he was still with Lucie

Yeah,I know it's Petra's life and she can do what she wants,blah,blah,blah...it's just that there are millions of guys available to her and I'd rather not see her choose a situation that could lead to long-term repercussions
Since when did you guys become soap opera addicts? I haven't read one word confirming anything romantic between Petra and TB. That doesn't mean it might not be true, but why are you guys perpetuating these trashy rumours if there's no evidence? Let's not judge her if there's no proof. Let's not even speculate. I'm shuddering in disgust just at the thought of it. I don't think she's that type of girl. I think she's got much more important things on her mind; like GSs.

Our girl is focused and in it to win it. TB is a logical choice as a doubles partner just because of their long friendship/relationship and skill levels. They could become quite a deadly tandem on the court. Why shouldn't they team up and expand their careers?
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #260
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Funny!

I agree Queen Petra Fan.

I cracked a innocent joke about it, next thing you know, folks are hearing rumors, etc. I was like Whoooaaaa? Lol. Now it's the old Telephone game, or like a chain letter. Lol.

But don't get too heated. It will all die and dissipate, I'm sure (especially when the Tennis starts). I don't think they're together either; not at all for that matter. How queasy would that be for Petra, at Fed Cup indeed, as has been stated? Lol.

Maybe some folks just felt her playing with Berdych, after his supposed Safarova break up (un-announced, un-offical break up, mind you), that Petra shouldn't be playing with Tomas (or is it cause some people just feel he's a mug now)? Lol. Oh well.

Now back on tennis. Someone on GM reminded us that, earlier this year, two participants in the Hoffman Cup actually made the Australian Open finals (Djoker & Murray). So maybe it wasn't such a bad/strange idea in the first place?

Go Petra. Hope you get a good draw today to (knock on Keyboard, Wood desk, and Plastic Monitor) in Toronto!
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #261
country flag mdx

mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice mdx is just really nice

Can't wait for monday. Or is she going to play first match on Tuesday? When do they usually publish the draw sheet for these bigger tournaments like Rogerscup? I check rogerscup.com every day for almost a week now and still nothing. Only wildcards have been announced.
mdx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #262
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx View Post
Can't wait for monday. Or is she going to play first match on Tuesday? When do they usually publish the draw sheet for these bigger tournaments like Rogerscup? I check rogerscup.com every day for almost a week now and still nothing. Only wildcards have been announced.
It's supposed to be today at 5pm Eastern Time (North America).

You can watch it on their website supposedly.

There are some good links her on TF (upcoming tournaments, Rogers Cup) to their website; better than when I went on my own to find any relevant results/info. Lol.

Not sure when she starts? I guess we'll find that out this evening? Nonetheless, I hope it's on Tuesday. The more time she gets to acclimate herself to the conditions, courts and time zone the better.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #263
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Not Monday for sure, as she has a bye in R1.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #264
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
Since when did you guys become soap opera addicts? I haven't read one word confirming anything romantic between Petra and TB. That doesn't mean it might not be true, but why are you guys perpetuating these trashy rumours if there's no evidence? Let's not judge her if there's no proof. Let's not even speculate. I'm shuddering in disgust just at the thought of it. I don't think she's that type of girl. I think she's got much more important things on her mind; like GSs.

Our girl is focused and in it to win it. TB is a logical choice as a doubles partner just because of their long friendship/relationship and skill levels. They could become quite a deadly tandem on the court. Why shouldn't they team up and expand their careers?
Excelsior covers it pretty well above;commenting on speculation doesn't automatically equal gossip and,if there's no legit fuel for the fire,a rumor will eventually burn out

Tambien,Peter Bodo es un mamador muy hambriente

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #265

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Excelsior covers it pretty well above;commenting on speculation doesn't automatically equal gossip and,if there's no legit fuel for the fire,a rumor will eventually burn out

Tambien,Peter Bodo es un mamador muy hambriente
For sure. I was just kidding you guys. It's all BS I'm sure.

Tambien, Peter Bodo es un muy grande stupido puta madre! lol Not to mention, quite possibly a 'maricon'. Oh wait! that's that other hack writer.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #266

Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Not Monday for sure, as she has a bye in R1.
Woo hoo! Let the action begin!!
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #267
country flag Excelscior

Oh Yeah.

Forgot about the bye. I hope she starts Weds (though that may be too long for some of us), for my earlier stated reasons.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #268
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For sure. I was just kidding you guys. It's all BS I'm sure.

Tambien, Peter Bodo es un muy grande stupido puta madre! lol Not to mention, quite possibly a 'maricon'. Oh wait! that's that other hack writer.
Have some additional comments for you in the off-topic thread,but it's fair to say that Bodo is as Americanized as Sharapova(though from different origins)and,like many American media,demands that he be titillated with flash and glamour as opposed to actual talent and greatness.Poorly-bred losers like Bodo are the ones who made a worthless,mindless show such as 'Friends' a hit for over a decade.Petra will have to dominate for quite a few years before the Gringos show her the respect she deserves....Not that it matters much since the rest of the world can see the obvious,excellent Petra-ness

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #269
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
i feel uncomfortable with the word you used
a mí me chocan las palabras
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #270
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

4:30 is the women's draw

http://twitter.com/#!/rogerscupto
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote