Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 178 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #2656
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

I have a nice 720p video of the final match (about 2GB) with english commentary, if anyone is still interested. Btw its available on torrents too.
vendulkabendulka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #2657
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
I have a nice 720p video of the final match (about 2GB) with english commentary, if anyone is still interested. Btw its available on torrents too.
Not sure where you're located (though I see the Czech Flag). But is it possible to record tonight's tennis channel rebroadcast, and post match interviews with Petra, Bill McAtee and Martina Navratilova Vendulkabendulka??
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #2658
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Unfortunately, Tennis Channel changed their programming for this week (here), they shortened their replay of the Wimby final to just 1 hour and 15 minutes, so I guess they won't include that interview.

However, I've found out that they have it on their website but I cannot watch it because I don't have American IP address, I was only able to see what videos they have through Google translator that has the US IP address, but flash player doesn't work in Google translator's window. It has about 7 minutes.

Here is a link to that video:
Code:
http://www.tennischanneleverywhere.com/category/whats-new
So, could somebody from the US record it somehow and upload somewhere?

EDIT: I've been on that website through the US praxy but the video seems to be not working. I guess this is the direct link:
Code:
http://www.tennischanneleverywhere.com/category/javascript:getVideo('16146')
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.

Last edited by *Jack* : Jul 9th, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #2659
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra is searching for new fitness trainer and physio, there are many offers but not good ones, they can wait until end of the season, Kotyza recommend to finally have physio to travel with them everywhere

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...terapeuta.html
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #2660
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra is searching for new fitness trainer and physio, there are many offers but not good ones, they can wait until end of the season, Kotyza recommend to finally have physio to travel with them everywhere

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...terapeuta.html
It's good that they won't be looking only for the Czech(s).
Quote:
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #2661
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
It's good that they won't be looking only for the Czech(s).
It also may mean, Petra is serious (for now)!?
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #2662
country flag Synth

Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light Synth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
It also may mean, Petra is serious (for now)!?
Can Martina N. be a physio?
Synth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #2663
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
Can Martina N. be a physio?
I know you're joking.

However, Petra would really have to be feeling her oats, flexing her muscles to go that far outside the Cersonek group!!

Plus, Martina would rather be an official or unofficial "Consultant" or coach for Petra.

Hopefully, Petra can use her as an advisory, mentor or friend--in some capacity?
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #2664
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
I know you're joking.

However, Petra would really have to be feeling her oats, flexing her muscles to go that far outside the Cersonek group!!

Plus, Martina would rather be an official or unofficial "Consultant" or coach for Petra.

Hopefully, Petra can use her as an advisory, mentor or friend--in some capacity?
I think an advisor or consultant is the best idea.
Petra won't fire Kotyza in the recent future anyway and I think that he's not bad coach. Her problems for past two years were mainly physical or mental, yes, he could help her more but he also couldn't tell her what to do and especially who to date. He only wasn't able to get her to the very top and beat the best players more often.
That would a job for Martina, because it's mainly about mental preparation and tactics.
Quote:
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #2665
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I think an advisor or consultant is the best idea.
Petra won't fire Kotyza in the recent future anyway and I think that he's not bad coach. Her problems for past two years were mainly physical or mental, yes, he could help her more but he also couldn't tell her what to do and especially who to date. He only wasn't able to get her to the very top and beat the best players more often.
That would a job for Martina, because it's mainly about mental preparation and tactics.
Good points.

Remember, I haven't read, been blocking out all those Petra articles, personal stuff that you guys been telling us about.

Well, now that we're talking about this stuff, and Wimbys over; I can say this:

I was watching a roundtable on Tennis Channel with Coach Paul Annacone, Jim Courier, Martina Nav, and Mary Carillo the other day.

Basically, what Paul, Jim and Martina said (remember, Mary wasn't that good, so kept her mouth shut mostly),
Quote:
different coaches work well with different people; so you change them. And you need different coaches for different stages of your career. Some coaches can't take certain players to the next level, and that's why you need change. Other coaches may see better tactics, or can help you improve in another area better. This is why you always see so much change, experimenting with players
All of them talked about their personal experiences, agreeing as coach or player. Now, we all knew this stuff, and discussed it ourselves. However, it was good to hear it reiterated by these greats.

Saying all that. I would never advocate firing Kotyza outright. I know Petra loves him, has an emotional connection with him. However, it would be great if she brought in an outside consultant, advisor or mentor (officially or unofficially) to help her overcome her lesser strengths (day in day out professionalism; believing you should win every title all the time, etc). Plus, as you said, someone who can help Kotyza with tactics. I don't always feel he's the best one for that (in Aussie Open 2012, he used 2011 Wimby tactics on Pova). And I still can't forgive him for saying Serena was the "best player in the world" at the beginning of the 2012 season. I know what Kotyza was doing. He was trying to take the pressure off of a nervous Kvitova. But I think subconsciously, it also made Petra feel she had an excuse to lose to Serena, or truly didn't believe she could beat her, even when the matches were competitive or there for the taking, such as Dubai (or Doha, whatever).

But for now: Let's see what this 2nd Wimby crown does for Petra's maturity, confidence, happiness and professionalism?? As you said. Maybe this mostly had to do with her. We'll see, soon enough?

Last edited by Excelscior : Jul 9th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #2666
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess everything would be easier, if Martina had better relations with the top guys of Czech tennis - remember that fiasco with no invitation for Martina to the 2012 Fed Cup final.

Her relations with Mr. Kaderka (the boss of Czech tennis) are terrible. This article says it all.

I wonder what is her relationship with Kotyza? I hope there's no tension or jealousy and that they show each other mutual respect
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #2667
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Good points.

Remember, I haven't read, been blocking out all those Petra articles, personal stuff that you guys been telling us about.

Well, now that we're talking about this stuff, and Wimbys over; I can say this:

I was watching a roundtable on Tennis Channel with Coach Paul Annacone, Jim Courier, Martina Nav, and Mary Carillo the other day.

Basically, what Paul, Jim and Martina said (remember, Mary wasn't that good, so kept her mouth shut mostly),

All of them talked about their personal experiences, agreeing as coach or player. Now, we all knew this stuff, and discussed it ourselves. However, it was good to hear it reiterated by these greats.

Saying all that. I would never advocate firing Kotyza outright. I know Petra loves him, has an emotional connection with him. However, it would be great if she brought in an outside consultant, advisor or mentor (officially or unofficially) to help her overcome her lesser strengths (day in day out professionalism; believing you should win every title all the time, etc). Plus, as you said, someone who can help Kotyza with tactics. I don't always feel he's the best one for that (in Aussie Open 2012, he used 2011 Wimby tactics on Pova). And I still can't forgive him for saying Serena was the "best player in the world" at the beginning of the 2012 season. I know what Kotyza was doing. He was trying to take the pressure off of a nervous Kvitova. But I think subconsciously, it also made Petra feel she had an excuse to lose to Serena, or truly didn't believe she could beat her, even when the matches were competitive or there for the taking, such as Dubai (or Doha, whatever).

But for now: Let's see what this 2nd Wimby crown does for Petra's maturity, confidence, happiness and professionalism?? As you said. Maybe this mostly had to do with her. We'll see, soon enough?
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I guess everything would be easier, if Martina had better relations with the top guys of Czech tennis - remember that fiasco with no invitation for Martina to the 2012 Fed Cup final.

Her relations with Mr. Kaderka (the boss of Czech tennis) are terrible. This article says it all.

I wonder what is her relationship with Kotyza? I hope there's no tension or jealousy and that they show each other mutual respect
I would say if the guys (I won't say "top") from Czech tennis association had better relationship with Martina. Kaderka and others are just clowns, everybody can see it and so can Martina, but I doubt that Petra or others from her team care about this. Plus, she's not the only one who doesn't like them, Slozil and Stepanek don't as well.
Quote:
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #2668
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Nice report on Petra's win by The Guardian with almost 500 comments below the article:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...imbledon-title
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #2669
country flag Petronius

Oh and BTW, there was also a preview by Laura Robson in The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-Bouchard.html

"...with Genie became a crowd favourite I wouldn’t like to bet against her winning her first grand slam title."

So many folks bought into the hype

I am actually sad for British tennis. A country with such a wonderful tournament and tradition deserves better players and experts than this.
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #2670
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Why Jankulovski was in her box? He is married, right?

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-...sem-karty.html
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote