Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 175 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #2611
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
yea, def read it after the final...some interesting quotes in there by Kotyza and Safarova that put into more context Petra's mindset the last few years
Oh God!

And I also have a conversation on Tennis Channel (about coaching and players that Courier, Martina, Paul Annacone and Carillo participated in), that I feel is very relevant to Petra and Koytza as well. That's after the final of course.

It made so much sense.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #2612
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Interesting stats article posted by Martina N. on her twitter a few minutes ago:
Quote:
By the Numbers, the Edge Goes to Petra Kvitova
Momentum May Be Eugenie Bouchard’s Best Statistic at Wimbledon
By CRAIG O’SHANNESSYJULY 4, 2014

Petra Kvitova has not made a single volley unforced error in the tournament. Credit Pool photo by Andrew Cowie

WIMBLEDON, England — The women’s final at Wimbledon will feature the surging Canadian Eugenie Bouchard against the former champion Petra Kvitova from the Czech Republic.

On the strength of her consistent results the past few months, Bouchard appears to be an early favorite. But Kvitova, a left-hander, holds the edge in several key statistical areas heading into Saturday’s final.

A huge weapon for Kvitova is her ability to hit an ace to either extend her lead or get out of a jam. She leads the tournament with 38 aces, while Bouchard is a distant 17th with 15. This will be worth a point here or there in each set.

That also spills over to unreturned serves: 34 percent of Kvitova’s serves have not come back into play, while 24 percent of Bouchard’s serves have not been returned.

Eugenie Bouchard has made 79 percent of her returns, ranking 17th for the tournament. Credit Al Bello/Getty Images

But Kvitova ranks second for the tournament with 64 percent of second-serve points won, and Bouchard is not in the top 25 in this category, winning 50 percent.

Kvitova’s serve advantage also plays out in service games won, where she leads the tournament with 93 percent. Bouchard’s 83 percent is eighth.

When it comes to returning, Bouchard has a definite advantage.

Bouchard has made 79 percent of her returns, ranking 17th for the tournament. Kvitova is a distant 74th in this all-important category, at 71 percent. But Kvitova has registered 19 return winners to Bouchard’s 15.

Kvitova has won 43 percent of her break points (22 of 51), slightly ahead of Bouchard’s 41 percent (24 of 58).

Kvitova enjoys a healthy advantage in hitting winners, 23 percent of her points, ranking fourth in the tournament. Bouchard ranked way back at 25th in this critical category, at 19 percent.

But the players are evenly matched in forehand and backhand winners and unforced errors, so advantages should be seized when they can.

What may be worth a critical point here or there is play at the net. Kvitova has not made a single volley unforced error in the tournament, and she has been more successful on net points, winning 76 percent (56 of 74) to Bouchard’s 72 percent (63 of 88).

Kvitova has a narrow statistical edge going into Saturday’s final, but the intangibles in mental and emotional areas of the game will play a major role in who triumphs.

Craig O’Shannessy is the lead strategy analyst for the ATP and WTA Tours. He runs Brain Game Tennis, a website about tennis tactics.
"Petra Kvitova has not made a single volley unforced error in the tournament." Serve and volley, please Petra!
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #2613
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting but this is what we already know about Kvitty.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #2614
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmachine View Post
Interesting but this is what we already know about Kvitty.
I'll avoid all that stuff till after the final.

Petra's in the studio now at ESPN!!!
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #2615
country flag Excelscior

Petra Live in the ESPN Studio now guys.

This tells me the match is not going to start on time (though ESPN says it WILL; with the Roof OPEN)?
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #2616
country flag Excelscior

Petra said she wants to hold TO "HOLD THE TROPHY AGAIN!"

Mmmmhhh!!

Said after three years, she deserved to be in another GS final (when asked about being back again). And she said it's good to know she can compete and play in Grand Slam Finals.

Said she's always nervous before a big match; you can't get rid of it (however, she laughed when she said it. For those amongst us freaking out)

Said she needs to continue to work on her mentality.

It was obvious (via her recent comments), that Petra had lost her confidence the past two years, which is no surprise. However, she appears to have a quiet confidence this Wimbledon.

We'll see/find out shortly how that works out for her?
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #2617
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

That surely wasn't a live interview now, was it?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #2618
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
That surely wasn't a live interview now, was it?
Don't know. Doesn't make sense. However, they said she was in the studio. I would hope not, if the match is going to start on time.

Nonetheless, she was relaxed.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #2619
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Petra Live in the ESPN Studio now guys.

This tells me the match is not going to start on time (though ESPN says it WILL; with the Roof OPEN)?
Roof is closed and BBC said 60% chance of starting the match with roof closed, it's good weather for now but they expect morning showers to return

Quote:
Don't know. Doesn't make sense. However, they said she was in the studio. I would hope not, if the match is going to start on time.

Nonetheless, she was relaxed.
it wasn't live. they have hours when they tape this and later they just repeat it as part of the hype program before start of the match

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #2620
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Roof is closed and BBC said 60% chance of starting the match with roof closed, it's good weather for now but they expect morning showers to return:shurg:
ESPN now claims, they're going to start with the Roof Open

We'll see?
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #2621
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ESPN now claims, they're going to start with the Roof Open

We'll see?
ESPN is delusional or match will be delayed. BBC crew is on CC and roof is closed shut, so unless they delay start of the match it will be played with closed since they need at least 40 min to open it and prep stuff

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #2622
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

harsh criticism of Petra from Cernosek (in czech)

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-...dosahnout.html
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #2623
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post

Nah, he's just showing that he sees only money and how she looks to people and especially to the companies that could sing some deal with her. He also looks clueless about directing of her tennis career while talking or it just looks like that. I hope she's doing the decisions now and he's taking care about the business only.
Quote:
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #2624
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post

Huh?

Is this a joke?

What did he say (and if so, why; why now)?

Please.

Yes, I'm on Mozilla now, and too lazy to switch to Google Chrome, to receive their garbled translation. Lol
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #2625
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Huh?

Is this a joke?

What did he say (and if so, why; why now)?

Please.

Yes, I'm on Mozilla now, and too lazy to switch to Google Chrome, to receive their garbled translation. Lol
He was talking about Petra not beeing totally marketable after that thing with Stepanek, but tennis players make most money from clothes, racquets and strings so it's not a big deal. It was way more easy after Wimby 2011, she was new, shinny, companies who wanted to collaborate were coming to them on their own which is unusual etc. He knew that she will have a hard time dealing with the public and the fame, he saw it before and it changed her, although she was sure it won't. He also said that her partnership with Nike will end next spring. Then, he was asked about what happened with her game after 2011. He was quite harsh, but he admitted that he couldn't help much because he's not doing only tennis and doesn't speak English well. He thinks that some choices of Petra or her team was wrong, such as firing "the physio guy" Ivanko. He said out loud that her condition was very poor in one point. But I wouldn't be upset too much about this (although he seems to be the idiot I've pictured), after all this is just an opinion of a shadow business guy.
Quote: