Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #241
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

I don't mind that Berdych and Kvitova are going to Hopman cup together..

But I hope the rumours of a romance between them are not true

That would ruin the mood in the fedcup team for sure .

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #242
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post

Where'd you hear about a romance rumor (or were you joking like me; though it would make a lot of/more sense than the pubescent, pimpled tennis boy wonder Adam)? Lol.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #243
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
So Cernosek is, along with Elena Dementieva, one of the 2 people in the world who believe the Olympic tennis tournament is in any way relevant.
Would hate to think that you've been getting high with Radek and Nicole....The WTA/ATP restructure their entire season schedule to accommodate the Olympics.Serena,who's won every other important tournament there is,was HIGHLY pissed off when she got eliminated in Beijing...and I'm pretty darned sure that the Czechs would have a serious-ass celebration if Petra won Singles Gold.If there are any pureblooded Czechs here who disagree,then I'll stand corrected...but I,personally,would be very proud of Petra cuz the Olympic draw is virtually always MUCH harder than any Slam draw...only the best of the best from each country

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #244
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Would hate to think that you've been getting high with Radek and Nicole....The WTA/ATP restructure their entire season schedule to accommodate the Olympics.Serena,who's won every other important tournament there is,was HIGHLY pissed off when she got eliminated in Beijing...and I'm pretty darned sure that the Czechs would have a serious-ass celebration if Petra won Singles Gold.If there are any pureblooded Czechs here who disagree,then I'll stand corrected...but I,personally,would be very proud of Petra cuz the Olympic draw is virtually always MUCH harder than any Slam draw...only the best of the best from each country
Agreed!!

Plus! The 2012 Olympics are at The All England Tennis Lawn & Croquet Club. Win or lose Wimbledon in 2012, why wouldn't Petra wanna try to win a Olympic Gold medal there? That's sounds like a fair deal!

She'd be crazy not to (try/Want)!!
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #245
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/kvi...pman-cup-8516/

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...s-open--930537

Us open is not my favourite tournament. The climate is not good for me like astmatic. We will see how I will brethe there, how well acclimatized I will be. Otherwise it is a nice tournament.
Thanks for those links I was just wondering what PK was up to lately. Its worrying about her asthma going bad at US hardcourt season, its worrying and perhaps partly explains her lack of good results in North America.

Like her playing Hopman. I may be able to watch it live!! However sad about Lucie and Tomas splitting. Tomas is a mug!!

I do not like idea her playing mix. She used to play doubles back at juniors and since then she was next to useless. She should concentrate on trying to win singles. I was hoping Iveta will play mix, maybe with Radek.
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #246
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikezAreForever! View Post
Thanks for those links I was just wondering what PK was up to lately. Its worrying about her asthma going bad at US hardcourt season, its worrying and perhaps partly explains her lack of good results in North America.
Am not trying to put words in your mouth,but are you saying that all the industrial pollution and bad air in the U.S. affect Petra's asthma?If that's true,then the problem will only worsen as she plays tournaments there over the years

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #247
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree with the importance of Olympics although it's definitely not, by any means, 'virtually always MUCH harder than any Slam draw'
they are just different kind of tournaments, that's it
but why bother mixed double? Couldn't Czech just let others do the mixed double and let Petra play what she is good at?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #248
country flag Excelscior

Ironically, Petra had the US Open as one of her 5 favorite tournaments for "night matches" and because she "likes/loves" NY (forgot which word she exactly used), despite the fact she discovered her asthma there 2 years ago. So who really knows what she thinks?

Nonetheless, I hope we have clear, drier, not so hot and humid weather, in Petra's North American run, and particularly at the US Open in NY. I want another major!
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #249
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Am not trying to put words in your mouth,but are you saying that all the industrial pollution and bad air in the U.S. affect Petra's asthma?If that's true,then the problem will only worsen as she plays tournaments there over the years

This is ridiculous, how could the air quality in places like Montreal and New Haven last year be worse than those big Euro cities (Madrid, Paris, London), and her mysterious post-Wimby run last year covered more than just North America, let's see, she lost in Portoroz, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Montreal and New Haven, three of them are in Europe!
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #250
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
This is ridiculous, how could the air quality in places like Montreal and New Haven last year be worse than those big Euro cities (Madrid, Paris, London), and her mysterious post-Wimby run last year covered more than just North America, let's see, she lost in Portoroz, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Montreal and New Haven, three of them are in Europe!
If you say so---I've never visited those cities so I can't comment on which one would affect Petra the worst....that's why I asked the question...b/c I didn't know the answer

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #251
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Good Points

Knowing Petra and her team/hopefully they're just being cautious in their expectations, and brought up the Asthma in NY just to keep things in perspective.

Actually, I think the draw last year in the US Open is what affected her more; facing Clijsters in the third round, before she could build up her game, consistency and confidence. That was a tough draw for her.

Earlier this year in the Australian, she actually made it to the quarterfinals, where she lost to Vera Z in a disappointing loss. But you can tell from her previous matches she wasn't playing consistent enough (though well), but not well enough to beat a then inform Bepa.

Hopefully (knock on wood, keyboard and monitor), at the US Open this late summer/fall she can improve on those Australian Open results. We'll see?
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 02:28 AM   #252
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think PK was referring to combination of hot and high humidity and smog polution being less of a contribution. I think she does not mind hot weather as such, considering her good results Down Under. I am glad Excelsior is onto it and will fix the weather for us!!

Last year (Portoroz, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Montreal and New Haven) was affected by Wimbledon. However, if you have a look at outdoor US results throughout her career, you cant see many successes unfortunately.

Last edited by BikezAreForever! : Aug 5th, 2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: fixing
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #253
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post

Since I purposely avoid the ATP most of the time,I don't have much knowledge on Berdych so I can't comment on what kind of guy he is.However,from a purely practical standpoint at least,I hope that Petra avoids situations where it could be reasonably deduced that she 'stole' another player's bf.You Czechs can correct me if I'm wrong,but I had the perception that Lucie was fairly-well liked,so there could be an almost poisonous atmosphere in Czech FC if it were perceived that Petra welcomed Tomas' advances while he was still with Lucie

Yeah,I know it's Petra's life and she can do what she wants,blah,blah,blah...it's just that there are millions of guys available to her and I'd rather not see her choose a situation that could lead to long-term repercussions

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #254
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikezAreForever! View Post
I think PK was referring to combination of hot and high humidity and smog polution being less of a contribution. I think she does not mind hot weather as such, considering her good results Down Under. I am glad Excelsior is onto it and will fix the weather for us!!

Last year (Portoroz, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Montreal and New Haven) was affected by Wimbledon. However, if you have a look at outdoor US results throughout her career, you cant see many successes unfortunately.
Yeah bikez

I'm on it!!
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #255
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Peter Bodo
No. 7 Petra Kvitova: Montreal will be her first tournament since the big win in London, and given that she flamed out in the first round in the two big summer events last year (and got just three games off Clijsters in the third round of last year's U.S Open), I'm guessing she'll still be high on her Wimbledon victory and not entirely focused. And this is a pretty erratic and easily distracted player to begin with.

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/...s-part-ii.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote