Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 168 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM   #2506
country flag bharatkt

bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice bharatkt is just really nice
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Well, this is official enough for me:

But the rumour is still unconfirmed for me.
I don’t know what makes you consistently reject their supposed link up as just a rumor. Although so many circumstances and incidents clearly suggest that it could be very much true. As this is being once again talked about I thought that let me give up a recap of what has happened so far related to this supposed rumor.

First let’s look into their personal lives. What’s been happening? It’s a fact that he is going through a divorce with Vaidisova and it’s also a fact that Petra has broken up with Adam. So both of them could be in search of new partners, or it may have been the other way round that they were seeing each other and that’s why they broke up with their respective partners.

He appears with her in her photoshoot. That never happened before. Is it only a coincidence?
She watches all his matches at the Prostejov challenger. He watched her match at Eastbourne and even her 4th round match at Wimbledon according to one post.

Then when Blesk broke the news about their supposed romance, nobody denied it. Blesk mentioned that sources at Prostejov club have confirmed that the two have become very close. Stepanek confirmed that his marriage to Vaidisova is about to end but when asked about Petra, said nothing but did not deny it.

Similarly the spokesperson of the Czech Davis cup and fed cup team said that in accordance with an agreement with Stepanek and Petra he wouldn’t reveal that who is dating whom. What was the need of such an agreement, I fail to understand. Why couldn’t he or Stepanek just deny it if it was just a rumor. Why all of them talked in such a roundabout way.

And then the most startling response came from Petra when she said that she was aware of the rumor but didn’t want to talk about it. Though she did confirm that her relationship with Adam was over. Why confirm one news and prefer not to talk about the other? Strange! Why couldn’t she just deny it and say that there is no truth in the rumors. It means that there must be something going on.

By the way, Blesk had reported the news of the breakup between Petra and Adam in April and it turned out to be true. So they are not always wrong. They said that since both of them were unable to keep in touch regularly, it was becoming difficult for them to continue the relationship. Kotyza mentioned that Petra needed a happy life outside tennis.

I suppose the reason why both of them did not want to confirm the relationship is that Stepanek’s divorce is yet to materialize. And Petra didn’t want to be known as a home-wrecker.

And finally the most important evidence were the photographs of Petra visiting his hotel in Eastbourne that Blesk published which were also posted on page 198 of Petra’s pictures thread in this sub forum.

http://isport.blesk.cz/galerie/blesk...163914/?foto=0

Let’s take those 7 photos one by one.
1. The first one shows that Petra and Kotyza exchanging parting comments with Stepanek and Paes on the road. According to Blesk they were all together to have dinner and were parting ways to go to their respective places.

2. Then in the next photo Petra is shown with Kotyza reaching the Eastbourne center where they must have been staying. It’s 9.31 PM.

3. But then in the next photo Petra is shown to be going into Stepanek’s hotel. One can clearly tell that it’s night time now (10.38 PM according to Blesk). It is also clear from the photo that she was not jogging as you had suggested on page 199 of the pictures thread and in any case who jogs at night after having meals? And even if she was why would she go into a hotel?

4. Then Petra is shown to be climbing up the stairs of the hotel to go in (10.39 PM). She is clearly going inside the hotel, not turning around the corner as you had said. That’s clear from the photo.

5. And then she doesn’t return until the morning. One can see daylight when she is shown to be coming out of the hotel in the next photo. So it’s morning (8.25 am). That means she did spend the night in Stepanek’s hotel.

6. And finally she reaches her own place, the Eastbourne Centre (8.26 am).

7. They also showed that both the hotels are just 150 meters apart in the next photo.

Nobody has ever said that it wasn’t Stepanek’s hotel, that means it was and she was clearly going inside the hotel, one cannot deny it. She is seen climbing up the stairs quite clearly, not turning round the corner and not jogging either.

And why none of them filed a defamation suit against the paper if it was all fabricated.

And now this news of her new trainer also being his trainer (current or ex, I don’t know) is another indicator that something is going on between them.

Do we have to wait till the Davis Cup semifinal that is to be played in Prague in September to see whether Petra turns up to watch his matches? Or they will wait to disclose it until his divorce procedure is complete, whenever that happens.

I have no intention to offend you, I was just curious to know that what makes you deny all these strong evidences especially the photographs. I still hope that you are right and it turns out to be a rumor.
bharatkt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM   #2507
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
her new fitness coach is Marek Všetíček
Is she trying to get herself suspended or what?

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM   #2508
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Is she trying to get herself suspended or what?
Why?
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM   #2509
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Why?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petr_Ko...and_retirement
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2510
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatkt View Post
I don’t know what makes you consistently reject their supposed link up as just a rumor. Although so many circumstances and incidents clearly suggest that it could be very much true. As this is being once again talked about I thought that let me give up a recap of what has happened so far related to this supposed rumor.

(...)

I have no intention to offend you, I was just curious to know that what makes you deny all these strong evidences especially the photographs. I still hope that you are right and it turns out to be a rumor.
Hey, bharatkt you didn't have to write all of this. I'm aware of all those indirect evidences, strange pictures and the series of coincidences.

What makes me that I don't want to believe it is that I honestly hate all tabloids in any form and the lies they spread among normal people who just believe in everything they wrote about. That's all. I'm not denying what almost all of you are thinking, you can if you want and like it.

I just chosed to wait until it is official. I'm not here for talking about rumours, I'm here to cheer for Petra and share where successes and my bad feelings when she loses.

Now, because it took so much work to write this whole summary, I would like to share one thought that crossed my mind a few months ago. The thought is that nobody ever thought about that tabloids noticed the background pictures from photo shoot (they didn't the photo shoot together, Petra did it and Radek was just there to hold flowerpots and smile ) and created this story which they tried to use a year ago in 2012 when Petra announced that she will be playing mixed doubles with him during the Olympics.
I know that I don't have to talk about how easy is to make several photoshopped images of whoever they want (yeah, I'm talking about the jogging pictures, which could be for your information shot in the morning as well as in the night ) they do it all the time. It's funny that going to the hotel it self doesn't say anything about her and Radek. She could be visiting anybody from that hotel including Paes (I wonder why nobody thought about him ).

My second thought was about Všetíček, he is member of Černošek's gang so there is a possibility that he could arrange a meeting between Všetíček and Petra and they started to think about their collaboration.

But that is just what crossed my mind, because nothing is just black and white. The rumour can be right and tabloids could messed up some facts anyway, they're terrible in writing about things correctly because nobody doesn't expect that from them.

Anyway, until somebody who has the right and credibility doesn't confirms it I don't care about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2511
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
And Všetíček worked with him that time?
Quote:
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM   #2512
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or they will wait to disclose it until his divorce procedure is complete, whenever that happens.
Clearly.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #2513
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Quote:
Why?
He has been know for being involved in dirty shady ped stuff not only with Korda and hiring him now considering what transpires on atp side is really stupid move even if she herself doesn't get hooked by him on steroids

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM   #2514
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
He has been know for being involved in dirty shady ped stuff not only with Korda and hiring him now considering what transpires on atp side is really stupid move even if she herself doesn't get hooked by him on steroids
Now, imagine what would happen if she (Cernosek) wanted to find her new tennis coach.
Quote:
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2515
country flag Edmond Dantčs

Edmond Dantčs is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we think that Všetíček will be more of a full time presence than Bajza? For someone with Petra's fitness issues it probably wasn't ideal that Bajza couldn't/wouldn't travel with her (not that it was necessarily impossible for it to work).

Aside from the merits/demerits of Všetíček (I don't have enough knowledge on him to comment), I'll take it as another small positive step than she is publicly acknowledging the need to get better in this area.
Edmond Dantčs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM   #2516
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

First let’s look into their personal lives. What’s been happening? It’s a fact that he is going through a divorce with Vaidisova and it’s also a fact that Petra has broken up with Adam. So both of them could be in search of new partners, or it may have been the other way round that they were seeing each other and that’s why they broke up with their respective partners.

He appears with her in her photoshoot. That never happened before. Is it only a coincidence?
She watches all his matches at the Prostejov challenger. He watched her match at Eastbourne and even her 4th round match at Wimbledon according to one post.

Then when Blesk broke the news about their supposed romance, nobody denied it. Blesk mentioned that sources at Prostejov club have confirmed that the two have become very close. Stepanek confirmed that his marriage to Vaidisova is about to end but when asked about Petra, said nothing but did not deny it.

Similarly the spokesperson of the Czech Davis cup and fed cup team said that in accordance with an agreement with Stepanek and Petra he wouldn’t reveal that who is dating whom. What was the need of such an agreement, I fail to understand. Why couldn’t he or Stepanek just deny it if it was just a rumor. Why all of them talked in such a roundabout way.

And then the most startling response came from Petra when she said that she was aware of the rumor but didn’t want to talk about it. Though she did confirm that her relationship with Adam was over. Why confirm one news and prefer not to talk about the other? Strange! Why couldn’t she just deny it and say that there is no truth in the rumors. It means that there must be something going on.

By the way, Blesk had reported the news of the breakup between Petra and Adam in April and it turned out to be true. So they are not always wrong. They said that since both of them were unable to keep in touch regularly, it was becoming difficult for them to continue the relationship. Kotyza mentioned that Petra needed a happy life outside tennis.

I suppose the reason why both of them did not want to confirm the relationship is that Stepanek’s divorce is yet to materialize. And Petra didn’t want to be known as a home-wrecker.

And finally the most important evidence were the photographs of Petra visiting his hotel in Eastbourne that Blesk published which were also posted on page 198 of Petra’s pictures thread in this sub forum.

http://isport.blesk.cz/galerie/blesk...163914/?foto=0

Let’s take those 7 photos one by one.
1. The first one shows that Petra and Kotyza exchanging parting comments with Stepanek and Paes on the road. According to Blesk they were all together to have dinner and were parting ways to go to their respective places.

2. Then in the next photo Petra is shown with Kotyza reaching the Eastbourne center where they must have been staying. It’s 9.31 PM.

3. But then in the next photo Petra is shown to be going into Stepanek’s hotel. One can clearly tell that it’s night time now (10.38 PM according to Blesk). It is also clear from the photo that she was not jogging as you had suggested on page 199 of the pictures thread and in any case who jogs at night after having meals? And even if she was why would she go into a hotel?

4. Then Petra is shown to be climbing up the stairs of the hotel to go in (10.39 PM). She is clearly going inside the hotel, not turning around the corner as you had said. That’s clear from the photo.

5. And then she doesn’t return until the morning. One can see daylight when she is shown to be coming out of the hotel in the next photo. So it’s morning (8.25 am). That means she did spend the night in Stepanek’s hotel.

6. And finally she reaches her own place, the Eastbourne Centre (8.26 am).

7. They also showed that both the hotels are just 150 meters apart in the next photo.

Nobody has ever said that it wasn’t Stepanek’s hotel, that means it was and she was clearly going inside the hotel, one cannot deny it. She is seen climbing up the stairs quite clearly, not turning round the corner and not jogging either.

And why none of them filed a defamation suit against the paper if it was all fabricated.

And now this news of her new trainer also being his trainer (current or ex, I don’t know) is another indicator that something is going on between them.

Do we have to wait till the Davis Cup semifinal that is to be played in Prague in September to see whether Petra turns up to watch his matches? Or they will wait to disclose it until his divorce procedure is complete, whenever that happens.

Very well said, put together.

I know to some, it may seem like it took a whole lot of effort to write this. However, it was all just common sense, and what's already been in the media.

I to wish Petra wasn't involved in a relationship with him (fingers crossed). However, if I had to read the tea leaves/take a guess; it certainly seems that way.

Plus, we all make fun of the notion (one way or the other) anyway.

Ultimately, Petra can do what ever (or whom) she wants to do. No biggie for me.

As far as Petra's new fitness guy, his reputation, and connection to Radek? I'm usually unimpressed by Cernosek's picks for Petra (as I was with Christian B. previously). Nonetheless, I'll have a wait and see attitude, give this one the benefit of the doubt.

I wish Petra would make a bigger move herself, one day though?

Nonetheless, I hope it all works out for her, and will bring her the combined success, hunger and consistency, she currently lacks.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM   #2517
country flag Synth

Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice Synth is just really nice

If Petra wants to get serious, she needs to expand beyond the Czech trainers, etc. I understand that she's not calling the shots on her own career, but putting your career in the hands of others is foolish. She should be looking for the best everything, the best trainers, coaches, etc. She's a world class player. She needs a world class team.

Re: Stepanek. I only really care how it affects her play. If having him there stabiizes her on court and makes her happy, I'm all for it. If it's a source of constant drama and shitty play on court, I'd be the first to vote him off the island. She's playing in New Haven this year right? I might try to go see her!
Synth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM   #2518
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
If Petra wants to get serious, she needs to expand beyond the Czech trainers, etc. I understand that she's not calling the shots on her own career, but putting your career in the hands of others is foolish. She should be looking for the best everything, the best trainers, coaches, etc. She's a world class player. She needs a world class team.

Re: Stepanek. I only really care how it affects her play. If having him there stabiizes her on court and makes her happy, I'm all for it. If it's a source of constant drama and shitty play on court, I'd be the first to vote him off the island. She's playing in New Haven this year right? I might try to go see her!
Well said. Cheer Cheer!

However, let's hope/can you imagine, if Radek made Petra play any worse??

I do agree with that point though. I had forgot to mention it (how it/he effects her play). I think most of peoples concerns are related to that point (besides his ugliness/Randiness, destruction of Nichole, etc.).

To be quite honest. I know this may not make some here happy. But I was never impressed with Petra's choice of men (I know he's been the only one we know), since Adam. That was enough. So Radek, certainly doesn't shock me.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM   #2519
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post

Well said! I wish you were Martina Navratilova or somebody as respectable as her and say what you think to Petra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Well said. Cheer Cheer!

However, let's hope/can you imagine, if Radek made Petra play any worse??

I do agree with that point though. I had forgot to mention it (how it/he effects her play). I think most of peoples concerns are related to that point (besides his ugliness/Randiness, destruction of Nichole, etc.).

To be quite honest. I know this may not make some here happy. But I was never impressed with Petra's choice of men (I know he's been the only one we know), since Adam. That was enough. So Radek, certainly doesn't shock me.
Funny and reasonable post, Ex.
Quote:
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #2520
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

S. CIRSTEA/P. Kvitova

3 6, 7 5, 6 2

An interview with:
|

PETRA KVITOVA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Where to start? The first set was okay, and then after that it seemed like everything sort of fell apart. You weren't serving like you normally do. Even off the ground it was hard. Talk about what was happening there.
PETRA KVITOVA: Yeah, beginning of the second set I starting to feel a little bit low of the energy that shows, shows what I played. The serve was really bad after this, and I didn't find energy from my legs. So that's why it looks that bad.

Q. So you were tired?
PETRA KVITOVA: Yep.

Q. Because what? I mean, it's quarterfinals.
PETRA KVITOVA: Yeah, it is, unfortunately, and when I finished so late the match here, I didn't sleep well after this. I mean, the sleep is, for me, it's very important, I think the important thing for my recovery.
That I was missing, so probably this. I still had a chance to win the second set, and I was pretty close. And I came back and I tried to find, but unfortunately I didn't.
So in the third set and in the beginning I had a chance to keep my serve first game, and it was it was some mistakes, and it was quite tough to come back in the third again.

Q. So with your serve I think you double faulted six break points. Is it because you're not getting the push on your legs that you need?
PETRA KVITOVA: Yeah, I think so. I think that it was starting because of physically, and then it's going to my mind it was the mental problem, too. It's always connected.

Q. There were quite a few long rally points. Did that sort of throw you off your preferred rhythm for the game? Obviously add maybe to your fatigue?
PETRA KVITOVA: And you're asking for?

Q. I'm asking you, did that throw you off your rhythm a bit, the long points? Did that contribute to your fatigue?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I don't think so. I mean, I was ready for long rallies, too. I mean, she's playing really well. I knew that there would be not easy match.
I know that she sometimes playing for one, two shots. But how she shows today, she can play rallies too. It was important to stay in the rallies, but I think that I did quite well today, and unfortunately I had a few easy mistakes what I think changed the game for her.

Q. Is it particularly disappointing when you are eliminated from a tournament where you are the defending champion? Can you just address that a little bit.
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, you know, I was defending champion, but still it's a new tournament. Every year it's different. I wasn't thinking like this.
So I'm glad that I was in the quarterfinal. I play three matches. That's important to play some matches before the US Open as a preparation. Of course I'm sad because I have pretty nice memories from the last year and I can't replay this year, but I'm still stay positive. That's important for me to thinking about the next day and next tournament.

Q. After the first set, did you expect Sorana to take over? Were you surprised? Did you anticipate that?
PETRA KVITOVA: After first?

Q. After the first set.
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I knew that she can come back, for sure. I mean, when we played in Rome she came back too and in the second set, and I was ready for it. I know that otherwise she's now in the quarterfinal and now in the semifinal. I don't think that she can give up. For sure not.

Q. Any particular reason why you didn't sleep well?
PETRA KVITOVA: No. (Laughter.) It's always when I'm finished quite late, it's quite tough for me to fall asleep. Then it's still continue like this.

Q. So you were like up all night watching TV?
PETRA KVITOVA: I was trying to sleep, but unfortunately I couldn't. (Smiling).

Q. Given that you finished late, did you think about or was it too late I guess to ask for a night match, or were you hoping to get a night session?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I like night session. I mean, I don't care when I am playing. The other thing is that I'm going to bed pretty late, but it's not my I mean, I like to play night session, so that's happen sometimes.

Q. You said that you couldn't sleep, so did you perhaps try and picture the match, do some mental preparation?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I'm always trying to prepare for the next match, for sure.

Q. Especially last night with not being able to sleep.
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, not really special. I mean, I'm always thinking the next opponent and next match, so it seems that I'm like didn't sleep like any hour, but I slept few hours, for sure, but it wasn't enough to play my best in the second and third set against Sorana.
She played very well, so I don't think that it's because that I didn't sleep. That's still she play very well, and she deserved to win today.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote