Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #2491
country flag SServeAce

SServeAce is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Nice little article! Great to see my video (the one featuring the funny moment in NH final ) there.

Only if you could add something about this year's plans of Petra and it would be even more interesting. We all here are kinda worried about her this year, concidering that she is going to play not 3 but 4 tournaments before USO.
Thanks for the kind words, Jack. And thanks for uploading that video of Petra, it was definitely one of the funnier/nicer moments of last season I remember on the tour.

I'm guessing that maybe Petra has learned from last year and that she surely won't play Carlsbad/Toronto/Cincinnati/New Haven if she goes deep in a couple of the earlier tournaments. There is surely no way she plays 4 weeks in a row going into US Open if she ends up reaching minimum QFs in the first three events.

I know she has many points to defend during this period but she also has pretty much nothing to defend after US Open so anything she drops in next few weeks she will have plenty of chance to gain back even if her ranking/seeding slipped a little.

I sent the article to her and Katie (her PR) on Twitter, so maybe if by small chance she reads it, she'll remember that playing 17 matches in 27 days is a pretty difficult task to handle and to withdraw from a tournament or two if needs be.
SServeAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2492
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Here is my translation of an article from the Czech television's sport news websites (here):
Quote:
Kvitova is flying to America. 'I will fight there', she affirms.
26. 7. 2013 10:48, author: ČT sport

Prague - Tennis player Petra Kvitova is leaving for the line of tournaments in North America with mixed feelings. The 7th player of the world breathes worse beyond the Atlantic ocean because of the high humidity, but she won two tournaments there last year.

"I didn't like America much because of the weather in recent years, but I showed that it is possible to play in it last year. I just don't know, if it is a rule now, that's why I'm leaving with mixed feelings. I don't know if I can handle it, but I've trained enough and I will fight hard there," said 23 years old Kvitova before today's departure. Kvitova breathes considerably worse in hot air with high humidity because of the asthmatic difficulties. That's why she was taking drugs preventively before the journey and she has her inhaler with her like last year, which she can use during the matches, same what she was doing the last time.

She dealed with the conditions very well a year ago in America. She won the title in Montreal, then got into the semifinal in Cincinnati and dominated the tournament in New Haven. She wants to play Carlsbad, Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven this year before US Open. "US Open is the most important and everything aims to it, but tournaments before it are great preparation. I want to play as many matches as possible, that's my goal," Kvitova wished.

This year's winner of the tournament in Dubai and the finalist from Katovice hasn't been satisfied with her form before the departure. "It's not tuned yet as we all want it to be, but we did great piece of work and I'm hoping that it will take shape in America," she said. She rested for a week at home after the loss in quarterfinal of Wimbledon. "The disappointment was big and I needed to rest physically and mentally," she confessed. She tried to spend some time with my family, parents and visited her two brothers. "I can't see my family too much during the year so this is something not special but something that pleases," the tennis player said.

She was working on transformation from grass to hard courts with her coach David Kotyza. She was preparing her self for longer rallies. "So I could withstand to play them and doesn't have to risk unnecessarily. I tried not to make so many errors," she described. "I played a lot of balls and grand strokes during every practice so I'm hoping that it will shows up in the matches." A positive news is that her shoulder problems seems to be gone completely. "I have to knock on the wood and I hope it won't come back. It wasn't comfortable and it took longer to deal with it in my head, but I can do every move I need now," she said.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #2493
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

"No shoulder problems"? Other beeyatches better watch the hell out.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #2494
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Who wants to open new thread "Petra is swimming with killer whales in San Diego" ?

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #2495
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
"No shoulder problems"? Other beeyatches better watch the hell out.
What is "beeyatches"?
I'm hopping that it means that she can start to serve big again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Who wants to open new thread "Petra is swimming with killer whales in San Diego" ?

Good name for thread, Paul.
You can do it, you have my permission. Anyway, I'm not good at inventing new funny names for threads.
Quote:
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2496
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is "beeyatches"?
bad girls

Quote:
You can do it, you have my permission.
I´m not sure. It would be ...

"Petra is visiting Katie to chat in Toronto "
" Petra is lost in the middle of nowhere in Mason"
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #2497
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
bad girls

Thanks for translation.

I'm sure that other creative posters can help you with other names for the thread.
Quote:
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #2498
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
bad girls

Hey! Mason is an important city! I live there, about a half mile walk past a bunch of suburban houses from the Lindner Tennis Center where they hold the tournament.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #2499
country flag paulmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Hey! Mason is an important city! I live there, about a half mile walk past a bunch of suburban houses from the Lindner Tennis Center where they hold the tournament.
OK "Petra is meeting Mac and George Clooney in Home of the Comets"
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #2500
country flag paulmara

Her mental coach
Quote:
Petra has reserves in preventing loss of concentration
http://sport.idnes.cz/tenistka-kvito...4220_tenis_rou
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2501
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Looks like Bajza is history, her new fitness coach is Marek Všetíček (Stepanek's fitness coach)

http://sport.aktualne.centrum.cz/kvi...erm=position-2

Last edited by Lufa : Aug 1st, 2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add image
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM   #2502
country flag paulmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Stepanek's fitness coach
so it is official
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM   #2503
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Google translated (lightly corrected total nonsenses) interview with Marek Všetíček from 2012 http://www.tenisportal.cz/zpravy/pio...l-usmevy-9610/

Quote:
Pioneer Marek Všetíček or when stretching induced smiles

22 years ago was one of the first fitness coaches on the ATP tour, if not the first. Marek Všetíček (46) Helped Karel Novacek and Radek Stepanek into the Top 10, Petr Korda to the title of the Australian Open and the second place in world rankings. The fitness training argue that it is just as important as the tennis. For Stepanek, who is in the approach to a real tennis pro, is already eight seasons available 25 weeks a year.

You'll feel like a pioneer, you might have been the first coach Jogging on the circuit ...
"I dare say, but ... I know of no other. Fitness training in tennis was really in its infancy then, so I was definitely a pioneer. In some clubs have been coaches who are engaged in fitness, but it worked rather on the basis of amateurism. The fact that tennis players went to play in the physical training, football or basketball, or you They prescribed some runs, I'm not as targeted fitness training. "

First began seriously working on fitness was probably Ivan Lendl?
"Definitely. The fitness training is very interested, trying new things, even later developed aids. Karel Novacek was in my opinion the second player, who joined this trip, probably because he had the opportunity to see Ivan in America train and he saw the space to work off the court. When I think back to our beginnings and stretching after workout - it raised a lot of smiles. "

How did you put together with newcomers?
"We knew each other through Iva Pate, with whom Charles played. I did then athletics, I ran a hundred and two hundred. A Karel came up with the idea, if I did not take care of his fitness training. I began to educate interested in tennis more and more, wondering what and how ideally include the preparation. Thanks to the collaboration with Karl, I then got to Olympus, then the red star, and became probably the first Jogging coach tennis players in the country. Then they played Mečíř, Šrejber, Vajda, Stankovič ... With Charles I then worked individually, we stayed together for eight years. "

When the faces of opponents no longer appear smiles?
"Many are initially surprised that Charles carries a coach who is not a tennis player. But gradually became interested and conditioning coach grew. It certainly associated with Karlovy results and, as he gradually changed character. He was faster and more agile. Of course, some players in the shape it used to work, but the vast majority only in training, not in tournaments. In this he was a pioneer Karel and I first started riding. "

What is most important in tennis terms of fitness training?
"Alpha Omega is all hit the supercompensation - which is the same in every sport. Simply put, the ideal mix cocktail training equipment, tennis and fitness training to form culminated when a player needs. In tennis it is not so easy - while athletes may only have three or four peaks per year, top tennis players have a de facto every week and expect results in every tournament. "

Fitness training for tennis players has many specifics, talking about the appropriateness or inappropriateness of some of the ways and means of additional sports. You can tell what was the biggest mistake in the past?
"One of the errors was necessary that some of the players involved coaches who with tennis had no experience. For example, instructors from the fitness center. This involved food and feed preparations, which were the coaches used to use. It was too bad because it was more of a means to promote muscle growth, which in tennis is not needed. At the beginning, too much store on general endurance and greater volumes and careless with the speed endurance which is the closest to tennis, match may take three hours, but there is 20 secs recovery time between points. Some trainers use a lot of bike or treadmill. That's a very good shock absorbers, relieves joints and I also I use in the preparation, but always in combination with speed inputs, ie. short-term increase in the rate to the maximum. "

For years to accomplish results Radek Stepanek. For what you pleasure and what disappointed you the contrary?
"I'm sorry that we Radkovy relatively common health troubles made it impossible to determine where the ceiling. Especially when he was eighth in the world and in the quarterfinal Wimbledon. There was the greatest chance to find out. And what pleased me? That as the oldest player to broader peaks found motivation and willingness to work hard on condition that his health problems shrinking, and as it turned out recently in Washington, it makes sense. His condition indices are depleted, the body is still in top shape and Radek because he can still compete with the top 10 players "
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM   #2504
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Looks like Bajza is history, her new fitness coach is Marek Všetíček (Stepanek's fitness coach)

http://sport.aktualne.centrum.cz/kvi...erm=position-2
I wouldn't believe to this much because it is as reliable article as the one that claimed that Petra is dating Radek. It's just a speculation, I haven't seen any prove of this change, neither Petra, Kotyza or Všetíček confirmed this. I will wait for them to confirm or disprove.

Quote:
so it is official
For me, this article ceased to be relevant when I read this statement:
Quote:
"He cares about carrer of Radek Stepanek with Petr Korda. At a time when Stepanek got together with Petra Kvitova this step seems to be reasonable."
Fact that they treat unconfirmed rumour as fact speaks for them selves.

Anyway, if this was true, I would be glad that she started to work with real professional who has some results behind him.
Quote:
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:00 PM   #2505
country flag *Jack*

Well, this is official enough for me:
Quote:
Petra Kvitová

Hey guys! Excited to say that my new fitness coach is Marek Vseticek and I'm looking forward to starting work with him after the US Open
But the rumour is still unconfirmed for me.
Quote: